Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam's Club

Default Re: Sam's Club to 39th & N. May

Whats the latest on this project?

I don't know but I cringe at the thought of another light on May. It seems like there's one every 100 feet from 23rd to 50th.

Quote Originally Posted by NWOKCGuy View Post
    I don't know but I cringe at the thought of another light on May. It seems like there's one every 100 feet from 23rd to 50th.
    There is not a need for a light right there. People coming from the south can turn on 39th and go in or there is a middle turn lane after the gas station that they can use. Of course, that won't matter since there are people driving who shouldn't be on the road in the first place...

Default Re: Sam's Club to 41st & N. May

My gripe against Target is that in NWA and back home in Memphis is their stores are sparsely stocked and it's not because it's just after a busy weekend, there's always empty looking shelving in multiple depts every day of the week. Sometimes their children's clothing sections, especially boy's, shouldn't even exist. The Cosco location in the Memphis area are basically very close to a Sam's. We find that each have their own strengths and weaknesses. Waiting for them to try NWA, Sam's in putting in a third store it's back yard. And the products do vary, the NWA ones carries USDA Prime at insanely low prices considering what it fetches at meat markets while you'll never see that in the Memphis locations. Back to Walmart, folks don't give them credit but they have quietly added lines like Calphalon cookware and so on. Men's jeans are about the same with Walmart carrying Levi's Signature to Target's Levi's Denizen. Denizen came about because Target didn't like the brand sharing.

This location is (finally) out to bid for General Contractors at the end of the month. Would put construction starting around the 1st of April and completion somewhere around October / November of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by WaywardMemphian View Post
    My gripe against Target is that in NWA and back home in Memphis is their stores are sparsely stocked and it's not because it's just after a busy weekend, there's always empty looking shelving in multiple depts every day of the week. Sometimes their children's clothing sections, especially boy's, shouldn't even exist. The Cosco location in the Memphis area are basically very close to a Sam's. We find that each have their own strengths and weaknesses. Waiting for them to try NWA, Sam's in putting in a third store it's back yard. And the products do vary, the NWA ones carries USDA Prime at insanely low prices considering what it fetches at meat markets while you'll never see that in the Memphis locations. Back to Walmart, folks don't give them credit but they have quietly added lines like Calphalon cookware and so on. Men's jeans are about the same with Walmart carrying Levi's Signature to Target's Levi's Denizen. Denizen came about because Target didn't like the brand sharing.
    Sounds like the Target on NW Expressway and Rockwell.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Sounds like the Target on NW Expressway and Rockwell.
    I like Target, but inventory control is my big problem with them. It's the same at Northwest Expressway and May.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    I like Target, but inventory control is my big problem with them. It's the same at Northwest Expressway and May.
    I've noticed that more than a few times since they expanded their grocery offerings at the NW Expy/May location. For example, one day I went in and there was almost nothing in the entire cheese section. Another time it was that way with the eggs. Strange.

Oh--so as not to derail the thread, glad to hear we're close to seeing some movement on the Sam's. I've been wondering what was the holdup.

I'm really confused on what they layout is going to be for this. I don't see how there is going to be room here for the building and he massive parking lot that will be required.

There will be quite a bit of parking along May:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There will be quite a bit of parking along May:

Same type of layout in N. Edmond.
    I wish they would put a south bound approach lane on May. Going to have traffic problems. The City Council is letting SAM'S off cheap.

^^^^

The traffic problems. That intersection is already packed. Without a new traffic light somewhere along the northern border of the property (not that I want another signal...I hated it when Lowe's just across the highway from this site got one), it'll be a cluster-you-know-what trying to get out if you're going northbound. You'll have to exit going west on 39th, then loop under I-44 at Drexel, then go back east to hit the light. It'll also be difficult getting into from the south. The 39th entrance will be jammed up, more than likely.

Just another reason to avoid May. From 10th to 63rd there must be lights every 6 blocks or so.

10th, 12th, 16th, 23rd, 27th, 30th, 36th, Lowes, 39th, 39th, 47th, 50th, 57th, 63rd. Am I missing any?

10th, 12th, 16th, 23rd, 27th, 30th, 36th, Lowes, 39th, 39th, 47th, 50th, 57th, 63rd. Am I missing any?
    52nd also has a stoplight.

I'm really confused on what they layout is going to be for this. I don't see how there is going to be room here for the building and he massive parking lot that will be required.
    Plans show 545 parking spaces which is 40 more then the city would require

Quote Originally Posted by etsuco05 View Post
    52nd also has a stoplight.
    How could I forget the Target light? Also there's one at the Bank of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    Plans show 545 parking spaces which is 40 more then the city would require
    Awesome. I hadn't seen the plans before. Still it looks like the parking situation is going to be awkward with the building in the SW part of the lot and parking all the way up to what looks like 42nd.

^

Keep in mind the entrance will be at the NE corner of the building, so it's pretty well centered in the parking area.

^

Keep in mind the entrance will be at the NE corner of the building, so it's pretty well centered in the parking area.
    Is the Shell part of this deal, or will it stand alone as it is now?

That Shell station is under separate ownership and not a part of this project.

That Shell station is under separate ownership and not a part of this project.
    That's what I thought originally, but wondered if they had worked out some deal. Thank you!

This corner is getting crowded. Also, right down the street to the west will be the new WinCo.

I'm hopeful that the development of this corner will spur redevelopment of some of the run-down/boarded up businesses and vacant lots in that part of town. It has huge potential.

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    I'm hopeful that the development of this corner will spur redevelopment of some of the run-down/boarded up businesses and vacant lots in that part of town. It has huge potential.
    This is what I'm hoping for. I don't buy enough bulk items to make shopping at Sam's appealing, but I live within a mile south of here. Between the Sam's, and renovated Taft Stadium, and the On Cue, I'm hopeful this will encourage some other commercial property owners to make additional investments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cotter View Post
    This is what I'm hoping for. I don't buy enough bulk items to make shopping at Sam's appealing, but I live within a mile south of here. Between the Sam's, and renovated Taft Stadium, and the On Cue, I'm hopeful this will encourage some other commercial property owners to make additional investments.
    we must be nearly neighbors then.. yes I too hope this spurs some growth on May between 23rd and 36th especially. that area needs some love.. however as it does develop I see this end of May getting to be as congested as the north sections of May up around 63rd which can be horrible.

Thread Information