Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vonlane Luxe Bus Service

Default Vonlane Luxe Bus Service

Luxe bus service to run between OKC and Dallas

Vonlane, the popular luxury bus line that has been running routes between key Texas cities, will add service between downtown Oklahoma City and Dallas starting in January.

The move will coincide with the decision by Southwest Airlines to drop non-stop service between the two cities.

“When Southwest announced that they were ending non-stop service between Dallas and Oklahoma City, we knew that we needed to fill the void as quickly as possible. Adding this route was always in our plans, but when we realized that travelers would be left without a direct option, we kicked into high gear to ensure service was in place on January 6.” said Alex Danza, Founder & CEO of Vonlane in a press release.

Vonlane refers to itself as a 'private jet on wheels', with leather seats, on-demand digital media, free Wi-fi and snacks and on-board crew service.

Fares will be $99 one-way or $198 roundtrip. Terminals will be the OKC's Downtown Sheraton at 1 N. Broadway and the Doubletree Hotel across from Love Field in Dallas. They do not charge for baggage.

The schedule features 21 departures weekly from each city:

Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: Dallas and Oklahoma City at 6:15am, 10:15am, 2:15pm and 6:15pm
    Tuesday: Dallas at 6:15am and 2:15pm; Oklahoma City at 10:15am and 6:15pm
    Saturday: Dallas at 9:00am; Oklahoma City at 1:00pm
    Sunday: Dallas and Oklahoma City at 1:00pm and 5:00pm

Vonlane was launched in 2014 and markets itself to leisure travelers and business people who want to use their travel time productively. It currently serves Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio.

Default Re: Vonlane Luxe Bus Service

i'm trying to make sense of this... why would i spend more to ride a bus to love field when i can just fly into dfw?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i'm trying to make sense of this... why would i spend more to ride a bus to love field when i can just fly into dfw?
    Time, convenience & comfort. Other than those three, I can't think of a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    If your meeting/stay is in downtown Dallas, you cut your local drive or transit time in half, minimum? And how is $198 round trip more expensive than the direct AA flights to DFW? Doing a random search (Dec 10-11, 2019), a Main Cabin round trip is $188 (incl. taxes). You don't get the level of snacks or free food that you'd get on Vonlane... Your local transportation would also cost you less from Love.

There is also a DART station at Love Field.

I will be using this a ton. More than likely I will no longer use Amtrak Heartland Flyer. This is a much better option.

That's the nicest commercial Bus I've ever seen. The fact that SWA has stopped non stops between OKC and Dal surprises me. I was an original employee for SWA in 1980. OKC-Dal was our Bread and Butter then. We started with 7 flts. 4 to-from Dal and 3 to-from Hou.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There is also a DART station at Love Field.
    Same line that ends at DFW.

I know people who use this all the time because they have to commute from Dallas to Houston all the time for work. They live close to the downtown area so they can just go there, take it to Houston, and then go to their meetings in the downtown area there. They like it because it's comfortable, convenient, and they don't have to fuss with getting to the airport and dealing with security.

There is a cabin map showing if a seat has limited recline or legroom (think SeatGuru). Near the back there is a four-passenger club seating arrangement with table.

Southwest created this opportunity, and Vonlane stepped right into it.

At $99/ticket & 22 seats max, I wonder what load factor they'll need to be profitable on this route?

This is awesome, but is that a typo on the roundtrip or is it literally just the same amount as two one-ways..?

Blog Entries

I have a friend who takes this from Austin to Dallas and LOVES IT. Kicks back, does work, reading, etc. She can't say enough good things about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    This is awesome, but is that a typo on the roundtrip or is it literally just the same amount as two one-ways..?
    Not a typo.

14. Default Re: Vonlane Luxe Bus Service

This will used by my elderly family to visit us in OK. They just dont/cant fly and this offers them a safer way than driving. I am all for it.

Plus, you don't have to deal with airport security and all that baggage hassle and expense.

Most appealing to me is you can use all that time; free wifi without interruption, etc.

16. Default Re: Vonlane Luxe Bus Service

It looks like they provide mixers. Is it BYOB?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    It looks like they provide mixers. Is it BYOB?
    No, they serve drinks on the buses for a fee (at least on the Texas routes). You can bring on non-alcoholic drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    Time, convenience & comfort. Other than those three, I can't think of a reason.
    i get the comfort aspect... but in my mind, time and convenience are on the side of a forty minute flight.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    And how is $198 round trip more expensive than the direct AA flights to DFW? Doing a random search (Dec 10-11, 2019), a Main Cabin round trip is $188 (incl. taxes). You don't get the level of snacks or free food that you'd get on Vonlane... Your local transportation would also cost you less from Love.
    i looked earlier on expedia during january and came up with something around $150 for a round trip ticket.i'm sure the amenities are way better, but i'm not going to miss that too much of that on a forty minute flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Plus, you don't have to deal with airport security and all that baggage hassle and expense.Most appealing to me is you can use all that time; free wifi without interruption, etc.
    okc airport security has never been a hassle for me. i would think the main target would be commuters/business travelers and so luggage wouldn't be a big deal, either... however, i do wonder if a person with large amounts or bulky luggage would have a better time with this bus.in-flight wi-fi does, indeed, suck... but i can live with that reality during a forty minute flight.

But the 40-minute flight, plus getting there an hour early, plus delays at airports, plus all the jacking around with getting on and off the plane, etc. etc.

I bet this wouldn't take any longer and be way more comfortable and less hassle.

Not to mention airfare tickets fluctuate in price a bit and I’m assuming these ticket prices for the buses are fixed?

Blog Entries

I prefer the train, but for grins I will probably try this at least once.

And if you look at the bus configuration, you have way, way more space... Airplanes now are incredibly claustrophobic and half the time you either can't get up or you are pinned in by other passengers.

I've really grown to detest flying.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I prefer the train, but for grins I will probably try this at least once.
    They need to look at certain realignment options(if any), track straightening, double/triple tracking(2 entire length 3 in certain areas if needed), and upgraded trains with PTE. They should shave 2 hours off of the trip. I’ve grown to love the train but it is highly impractical, IMO, other than simple leisure or having basically no other option than Greyhound. I will not ever take another Greyhound again less I’m left with no other option.

Thread Information