Widgets Magazine

Thread: WinCo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: WinCo

I mean, it's not going to stop me from going. But it seems likely to cement their perception as the lowest of low-budget stores, even though they really have pretty good products. And maybe that's fine with them! But IMO, they already have a perception problem relative to the actual quality of their stores (which I think is a large part of the reason why they are struggling in the OKC market), and this decision doesn't seem like it will help in that regard. It's definitely one of those things where if they end up exiting the OKC market in a year or two, we'll all look back at this and be like "well, in hindsight, that was some fairly heavy foreshadowing".

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I mean, it's not going to stop me from going. But it seems likely to cement their perception as the lowest of low-budget stores, even though they really have pretty good products. And maybe that's fine with them! But IMO, they already have a perception problem relative to the actual quality of their stores (which I think is a large part of the reason why they are struggling in the OKC market), and this decision doesn't seem like it will help in that regard. It's definitely one of those things where if they end up exiting the OKC market in a year or two, we'll all look back at this and be like "well, in hindsight, that was some fairly heavy foreshadowing".
    Yeah, back in Albany, OR, where my mom was from, they didn't allow CC usage from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    From my experiences of shopping at 2 of the Winco locations as well as driving by one of them everyday... I don't see how they can be struggling in the OKC market. I commend them for this move. Aldi use to be like this and I didn't have a problem with it. People should use less credit in this country anyways... but that is my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    From my experiences of shopping at 2 of the Winco locations as well as driving by one of them everyday... I don't see how they can be struggling in the OKC market. I commend them for this move. Aldi use to be like this and I didn't have a problem with it. People should use less credit in this country anyways... but that is my personal opinion.
    We shop at the Moore location often and I don't believe they are struggling either. Nixing their planned Quail Springs area store perhaps has created that misconception for some.

Winco locations in California never took credit cards either so these OKC locations were outliers in taking CCs.

Thread Information