Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Social Capital OKC

Default Re: Social Capital OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    84 local beers at the main bar but 120 total!
    At least the way it was explained to me (which could be wrong), I think at least some of the upstairs beers are the same so the total number of Oklahoma beers is between 84 and 120. So, 120 taps. Either way, I've never seen that many local beers at any place anywhere in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    I'm sure this has been brought up before but have you tried Uber/lift since you stopped driving? It can certainly get a bit pricy but I'd love to hear the story after you drink all 84 beers!
    Thunderbird,
    I have used a taxi and they are really expensive. I don't have/want texting and I don't use credit cards, both of which disqualifies me from Uber.
    C. T.

Went last night around 8:00 PM and the upstairs was full but there were several places to sit at the communal tables. Surprisingly, there were several families with small kids.

It was a near-perfect night and I was shocked at how many cars were down there... All the parking along Hudson was taken and there had to have been 100 cars in the vacant lots south of Social Cap. (There will be much more parking in the lot south of the convention center when that construction wraps in a year or so.)

There were a surprising amount of people in the park which had to account for the cars because the bar wasn't super busy; apart from upstairs there wasn't much going on the lower level.

Tons of people whizzed by on scooters; really more activity than I would have expected.

4. Default Re: Social Capital OKC

Welcome to the new OKC. Bustling downtown OKC!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Was downtown today checking to make sure my properties weren't damaged and the wife and I thought we would go by for mimosas. At 1050...looked completely closed and appeared no one there. Drove off thinking they don't open till late. Wife looked on internet and said open at 11 so swung back by. After sitting directly in front looking for activity we finally go out about 1103-1105 and walked up to doors. Could see people inside on other side of glass but they wouldn't look at us or indicate they were opening. We start to walk off and finally someone opens one of the garage doors. We asked if they were open now and she just walked off. Wife and I just looked at each other and about the same time said that maybe we don't need to go here if staff is that indifferent.. As we were going through this...two other cars had pulled up and left probably thinking it wan't open either. Very bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Thunderbird,
    I have used a taxi and they are really expensive. I don't have/want texting and I don't use credit cards, both of which disqualifies me from Uber.
    C. T.
    C.T.
    I realize this is an old post but I got curious. 1. Do you use a debit card? If so, and as long as it has a Visa/MC logo, it should work, and 2. Did you know other people can put your rides on their accounts?
    My mom has no credit cards, hates taxis, but no longer drives. We hail rides for her on Uber and she is just thrilled with it. She doesn't have to do anything except chat with the driver, which is one of her favorite things.

EH,
    No, I don't have a debit card. I don't have anybody I would ask to do that for me. I suppose I will have to use taxis, but don't feel sorry for me, it's my choice to live with cash (I do have an ATM card). I'm retired and live alone. I'll probably survive.
    C. T.

EH,
    No, I don't have a debit card. I don't have anybody I would ask to do that for me. I suppose I will have to use taxis, but don't feel sorry for me, it's my choice to live with cash (I do have an ATM card). I'm retired and live alone. I'll probably survive.
    C. T.
    I absolutely understand your choice. I don't feel sorry for you, and you're right, you'll probably survive.
    That said, I am happy to pay for your Uber should you need it. Feel free to DM me if you ever need the lift. Or lyft.

EH,
    C. T.
    Interesting, had no idea banks still had ATM-only cards, thought they had all transitioned to debit cards associated with Visa or MC.

Travellers.
    TFCU (and BOK) and I'm sure there are others. I don't want a debit card because they don't have the limitation for fraud that a credit card has. If somebody steals your debit card and has your pin, they can empty your account. There is a limit, but it's a lot higher than the $50 limit on credit cards.
    C. T.

Hey C.T., if the fraud protection is the only thing keeping you from a debit card, my Discover debit is capable of being frozen in their mobile app if you lose it or it's stolen. It also has 1% cashback. Just something to consider.

Anybody ever tried the waffle place? Always seemed kinda small for the price when I'm in and it's hard to beat the migas waffle just up the road at Waffle Champion.

12. Default Re: Social Capital OKC

Quote Originally Posted by cappa View Post

Anybody ever tried the waffle place?
    What waffle place?

Travellers.
    TFCU (and BOK) and I'm sure there are others. I don't want a debit card because they don't have the limitation for fraud that a credit card has. If somebody steals your debit card and has your pin, they can empty your account. There is a limit, but it's a lot higher than the $50 limit on credit cards.
    C. T.
    I have BOK debit and it's by Visa and has 100% protection against fraudulent charges.

lol whoops read Social Capital and thought Collective...

Quote Originally Posted by Brad72 View Post
    I have BOK debit and it's by Visa and has 100% protection against fraudulent charges.
    Which is explained here:

https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/v...ty-policy.html

So CT, you should really get a debit card, it'll be beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad72 View Post
    Brad,
    BOK was really good to me until I had forged checks written and a huge charge at Walmart and even though they were liable it took a long time to return my money and I lost my special account. I closed my account and went to TFCU.
    C. T.
    p.s. I had a lot of good years with BOK and I recommend them, but I wasn't happy with the way I was treated after the fraud problems.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Which is explained here:

https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/v...ty-policy.html

So CT, you should really get a debit card, it'll be beneficial.
    Travellers,
    I really don't want a debit card. I know things change, but my early experiences left me with a bad taste in my mouth. One of these days, retailers are going to quit taking cash and I will have to change but I will probably just use my credit card.
    C. T.

Travellers,
    I really don't want a debit card. I know things change, but my early experiences left me with a bad taste in my mouth. One of these days, retailers are going to quit taking cash and I will have to change but I will probably just use my credit card.
    C. T.
    Oh, well, if you have a credit card, nevermind, thought you were totally cash-only from your earlier comments in posts 152 and 157.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Oh, well, if you have a credit card, nevermind, thought you were totally cash-only from your earlier comments in posts 152 and 157.
    Travellers,
    Sorry if I mislead anyone, I'm a tech guy and use my computer to a lot of shopping (as well as online banking) so a credit card is a requirement. I don't carry them or use them here in Edmond but when cash is no longer accepted I will use them.
    C. T.

Travellers,
    I should add, my transportation is a mobility scooter (4 mph max) so when I scoot down the sidewalks to grocery shop I'm vulnerable, that's the main reason I don't carry any cards. Exception, when I need cash I grab my ATM card and go to the ATM. When I get home I lock most of it in my desk. But I know I'm vulnerable when I have a pocketful of money from the ATM. The sad story of an old man on oxygen. Don't you feel sorry for me? Ok, don't answer that, I can have my own "pity partys" without your help.
    C. T.

You are an admired and respected member of this site and you don’t owe anyone an explanation about anything that you post, C.T.... Especially someone like that...

Travellers,
    I just read my last post/response and the comment "I can have my own "pity partys" without your help" looked a little rude to me and I didn't mean it that way, just that I'm fine and have chosen my way to do things and I don't wan't to bother anybody.
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicker View Post
    You are an admired and respected member of this site and you don’t owe anyone an explanation about anything that you post, C.T.... Especially someone like that...
    Quicker,
    Admired and respected? Wow, I have finally arrived! I'm just a member that has been around the OKC area for a lot of years and I enjoy this group.
    Thanks for your kind remark.
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicker View Post
    Like what?

Quicker,
    Admired and respected? Wow, I have finally arrived! I'm just a member that has been around the OKC area for a lot of years and I enjoy this group.
    Thanks for your kind remark.
    C. T.
    You arrived a long time ago, C.T. and the board is a better place because of your contribution’s

Thread Information