Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmond Restaurants

Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Now if we could get a Godfather's Pizza back.... (I'm sure it will just ruin my nostalgia... but I used to love that place.)

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Now if we could get a Godfather's Pizza back.... (I'm sure it will just ruin my nostalgia... but I used to love that place.)
    Yes, with all things from our past -- and especially food -- we tend to over-romanticize them all out of proportion.

Generally speaking, the quality and value for the money of restaurant offerings now is better by orders of magnitude.

The owners own several Kens/Mazzios restaurants. Things didn't go as expected. I know they're disappointed. I thought the pizza was fine. About what I expect from this type of restaurant.

Not sure what they're gonna do with the building.

Quote Originally Posted by tsou89 View Post
    Not sure what they're gonna do with the building.
    Hopefully it can get filled soon. Seems like a high growth area. One of the things that frustrates is when folks build new rather than filling existing space, so I'm happy when folks can do like what Klemm's did.

JerryWall,
    I didn't realize we didn't have any, and when I looked, it appears that we have one at 12225 N I-35. I Think that's at the Love's, but I could be wrong. I lived there forever but don't remember a Godfather's. When did they leave the OKC area?
    C. T.

6. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    ...I Think that's at the Love's, but I could be wrong. I lived there forever but don't remember a Godfather's. When did they leave the OKC area?
    C. T.
    You are correct... There are Godfather's located in a couple of Love's around the state and they only serve pizza to go... There is one in the Love's in Ardmore too.

Only brick and mortar Godfather's that I am still aware of is in Enid.

Hopefully it can get filled soon. Seems like a high growth area. One of the things that frustrates is when folks build new rather than filling existing space, so I'm happy when folks can do like what Klemm's did.
    There is a "For Sale or Lease" on the sign out front this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    You are correct... There are Godfather's located in a couple of Love's around the state and they only serve pizza to go... There is one in the Love's in Ardmore too.

Only brick and mortar Godfather's that I am still aware of is in Enid.
    There is one in the Loves at Sunnylane and I 240

9. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    There is one in the Loves at Sunnylane and I 240
    There is not a Love's at that location. Only a Valero.

10. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Used to work at the one on NW 23rd a very, very, long time ago.

There is not a Love's at that location. Only a Valero.

My bad, it's been a while since I was there but they did have a godfathers.

12. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    My bad, it's been a while since I was there but they did have a godfathers.
    No doubt. The Love's you are thinking of was at Sooner and has been gone for quite a few years. It's an OnCue now.

Well, my senility is proudly at work, I was driving in the Edmond area this week and noticed a new (to me) South American restaurant, but I can't remember where or whether it was Paraguayan or Guatemalan or what ethnicity it was. Please help me, it's driving me crazy!
    C. T.

C.T., the only South American restaurant I'm aware of is Zarate's on east side of Broadway about 8th . It's been there about 8 years. Excellent food, one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by pedmond View Post
    C.T., the only South American restaurant I'm aware of is Zarate's on east side of Broadway about 8th . It's been there about 8 years. Excellent food, one of my favorites.
    Pedmond,
    I'm a big fan of Zarate's, I was going there before the name change (what was their previous name?) and have always enjoyed the food, but the place I saw, their sign said "Paraguayan" or some other South American country. I have tried to retrace my route (in my mind) to figure out where it was. It will probably come to me and I will post it then.
    C. T.

Any one know of a good local Mexican restaurant, like Mexico Lindo's in Tulsa? Everyone I have tried is just a Ted's clone with the "free" flavorless cheese and tortillas and high prices. I was also look at getting take out from several of those places, and noticed they all charge extra for the "free" stuff on to go orders, even though it is already baked into their prices.

C.T., prior to Zarate's it was called Toro Loco. My wife and I really enjoy South American food, so If you do remember the name of the other restaurant, be sure and post it.

C.T., prior to Zarate's it was called Toro Loco. My wife and I really enjoy South American food, so If you do remember the name of the other restaurant, be sure and post it.
    Pedmond,
    I went there from the time they opened and Toro Loco doesn't ring a bell. What was the name when they had the "name that restaurant" game and people would suggest a name (actually, I think they picked a name from a list provided by the restaurant), and they ended up selecting Zarate's which is the name of the original owner, Jorge Zarate. I don't believe he is still the owner though. Could there have been another name or is Toro Loco it?
    C. T.

C.T., just the other day there was an article in one of the free monthly magazines(Business Times of Edmond) they mail to homes in the area and as it turned out there was an article about Zarate's. In the article, they mention Toro Loco and how Jorge Zarate and his wife have worked to make Zarate's a success.

Below is a link to an article about naming the restaurant. Needless to say, they did end up choosing the owners name.

Name game | Business | edmondsun.com

Toro Loco Mexican Restuarant, 706 S. Broadway, is under new management. The restaurant has fresh and updated décor, and the menu is expanding.

Now the owners are sponsoring a public contest to come up with a new name for the restaurant.

The eatery re-opened June 6 under new proprietors Jorge Zarate, Sandra Snow and Brian Ralston. Traditional Mexican food is on the menu, but Zarate, who is from Peru, plans to incorporate Peruvian, Puerto Rican and Brazilian dishes as well, said manager John Snow.

New seafood restaurant going in downtown Edmond by the Ice House building.

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.ph...650#post956650

Wanted to mentioned three relatively new restaurants in Edmond. I've had a chance to eat at all three several times over the last several months and definitely recommend them.

Gin Thai Fusion (owned by the same folks that own Sala Thai on 23rd in OKC) at the NE corner of Santa Fe and Danforth. I've had the Panang Currry, Massaman Curry and Pad Thai...all very good.

Panang 5 at the SW corner of 33rd and Blvd...same shopping center as the new Kamps. Been there for lunch and dinner and really enjoyed it both times. They have a rotating lunch special each day of the week for about $8.00, so the price is right for a good lunch

Jerusalem Mediterranean Restaurant at the SE corner of 15th and Broadway, next to ACE Hardware, is outstanding. It's become one our favorite restaurants in Edmond. Great food and a super friendly staff. Lentil soup, fattoush salad and appettizer sampler are all must haves when you visit.

22. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Wanted to mentioned three relatively new restaurants in Edmond. I've had a chance to eat at all three several times over the last several months and definitely recommend them.
    One more that I believe just opened up last week.... I can't recall the name, want to say Brent's or something like that, but it's a cajun place went in right next to the Dunkin Donuts...... apologize for the lack of detailed info but I'm not in Edmond often and I was on my way to Humble Pie when I spotted it was open and the parking lot was packed.

23. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

One more that I believe just opened up last week.... I can't recall the name, want to say Brent's or something like that, but it's a cajun place went in right next to the Dunkin Donuts...... apologize for the lack of detailed info but I'm not in Edmond often and I was on my way to Humble Pie when I spotted it was open and the parking lot was packed.
    Saw the Off the Hook guys put up a picture of food from this place. It's Brent's Cajun - Seafood and Oyster Bar on 3005 South Broadway.

Yeah, Brent's Cajun Seafood and Oyster Bar. In what was Dan McGuiness.

Yeah, Brent's Cajun Seafood and Oyster Bar. In what was Dan McGuiness.
    Funny. I heard about this place today. Was told it was started by the guy that started The Shack

Thread Information