Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: In-N-Out

Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by InsomniCat View Post
    I hear that In-N-Out, like Braums, never freezes their meat so they have to have chains in daily driving distance from their distribution site. We may see one sooner than not here in Oklahoma City since we're in range of that distribution center. At least that's what I'm hoping for. I'd like to see a Five Guys here as well.. Next time I travel to get a burger it'll be to Meers where I hear they have an excellent 100% longhorn burger. I'm a burgervore so I love me a good burger experience.
    There's already a Five Guys in Moore and Norman, both just recently opened.

2. Default Re: In-N-Out

I like Smashburger better that 5 Guys.

Why is Smashburger better than Five Guys ???

I hear that In-N-Out, like Braums, never freezes their meat so they have to have chains in daily driving distance from their distribution site. We may see one sooner than not here in Oklahoma City since we're in range of that distribution center. At least that's what I'm hoping for. I'd like to see a Five Guys here as well.. Next time I travel to get a burger it'll be to Meers where I hear they have an excellent 100% longhorn burger. I'm a burgervore so I love me a good burger experience.
    Braum's meat is frozen.

5. Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChris7 View Post
    Braum's meat is frozen.
    I remember the bad publicity Five Guys got when they got slammed for having one of the most unhealthy offerings on a fast food menu. A 920+ calorie burger. That's just gross.

^^^
    Not that unusual...just checked out the following websites and found these without trying hard at all...mileage may vary depending on toppings etc

Carl's Jr
    $6 Steakhouse Burger
    Cal = 1060
    Fat = 67
    Salt = 2360

Big Carl
    Cal = 930
    Fat = 58
    Salt = 1390

McDonald's
    Angus Bacon & Cheese
    Cal = 790
    Fat = 39
    Salt = 2070

Big Mac
    Cal = 540
    Fat = 29
    Salt = 1040

Double Quarter Pounder w/cheese
    Cal = 740
    Fat = 42
    Salt = 1380

Wendy's
    Dave's Double w/Cheese
    Cal = 800
    Fat = 48
    Salt = 1530

Baconator Double
    Cal = 970
    Fat = 63
    Salt = 2020

Burger King
    Double Whopper w/Cheese
    Cal = 950
    Fat = 61
    Salt = 1200

Steakhouse XT w/Cheese & Bacon
    Cal = 900
    Fat = 59
    Salt = 1910

IIRC, burgers at the fast casual places are even worse (TGIF, Chilis etc)

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Why is Smashburger better than Five Guys ???
    It's personal preference. I've been to 5 Guys in Austin, I didn't think it was as good as some make it out to be and prefer Smashburger myself. I was not impressed at all by 5 Guys, neither was my wife. There were many other places in Austin (no Smashburger in Austin, San Antonio is the closest location) that we preferred to get a burger than 5 Guys.

Now that I live in Denver there are Smashburger locations everywhere and both have a location relatively close to where I live but only a Smashburger is close to my office in LoDo. I do have another place that I need to try that BG918 and a friend has recommended here in Denver, The Cherry Cricket.

Smashburger burgers are on par with 5 Guys but their fries are not near as good

To me their fries were nothing special, good, but nothing special. I have had much better elsewhere...but then Smashburgers aren't anything "special" either. If the fries are the best thing worth raving about a burger place then maybe they should work on their burgers more.

It really comes down to the fact that ALL FOOD is personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    It's personal preference. I've been to 5 Guys in Austin, I didn't think it was as good as some make it out to be and prefer Smashburger myself. I was not impressed at all by 5 Guys, neither was my wife. There were many other places in Austin (no Smashburger in Austin, San Antonio is the closest location) that we preferred to get a burger than 5 Guys.

Now that I live in Denver there are Smashburger locations everywhere and both have a location relatively close to where I live but only a Smashburger is close to my office in LoDo. I do have another place that I need to try that BG918 and a friend has recommended here in Denver, The Cherry Cricket.
    No to get off the subject, but bluedogok best of luck to you in Denver!Talk about the extreme. Going from parched, drought Austin to bitter cold blizzards and tempatures. Everyone has their own subjective preferences in weather and in burgers, lol. Lots of good sking and winter sports though!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    To me their fries were nothing special, good, but nothing special. I have had much better elsewhere...but then Smashburgers aren't anything "special" either. If the fries are the best thing worth raving about a burger place then maybe they should work on their burgers more.

It really comes down to the fact that ALL FOOD is personal preference.
    I hear ya but I don't think 5 Guys needs to work on their burgers just cause their fries are excellent...Their burgers are pretty damn yummy...Not the best in the metro but certainly the best in Moore

InsomniCat,
    It will be interesting to hear your take on Meers. My wife and I went there because Epicurious had rated their burger as one of the top 10 in the country. I realize it's a personal taste thing, but we think there are a couple here in OKC better than Meers. As for a "good burger experience", I will give it that, old time store, good burgers, nice atmosphere, but top 10? We didn't think so.
    C. T.

The Meers Store is good, the longhorn burger is good but I have also found them to be inconsistent. Sometimes great and other times just alright.

5 Guys is good, there are just other places that I prefer. If a group wanted to go there I would have no problems with that but it is not a place that I would choose to go on my own when I have other options that I prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    No to get off the subject, but bluedogok best of luck to you in Denver!Talk about the extreme. Going from parched, drought Austin to bitter cold blizzards and tempatures. Everyone has their own subjective preferences in weather and in burgers, lol. Lots of good sking and winter sports though!!
    We decided after this last summer to move, it is something that we have been considering for five years and I have looked at off/on for twenty years. The temps/weather here in Denver is not as bad as most people seem to think. We had snow the first week working here but it was back up in the 50's in a couple of days. It was in the 60's on Friday and near 50 yesterday but still doesn't feel as cold as OKC when it is in the 40's. We went to Vail yesterday to see some snow, my wife had never seen that much at one time. The snows that she has been through in Monahans (near Odessa, Texas) and Lubbock are the winters that she has been through.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    I remember the bad publicity Five Guys got when they got slammed for having one of the most unhealthy offerings on a fast food menu. A 920+ calorie burger. That's just gross.
    I'm with you there, but it's so hard to not eat one!

15. Default Re: In-N-Out

I am in love with Smashburgers sweet potato fries and their hamburgers are always so juicy and not over cooked like you get at some places. It's just my favorite between 5 Guys and Smashburgers. I have only eaten at 5 Guys twice, and their burgers were good, but the fries just average.

Since this thread has turned out to be a discussion of all kinds of burger places, have you guys ever eaten at Backyard Burgers? It was my favorite fast-food burger place. The one in my hometown closed, but I think there are still some in the Tulsa area.

17. Default Re: In-N-Out

We had a Backyard Burgers here in the city, but they had a fire and then when they rebuilt Freddies went in there.Backyard Burgers were good. I don't think there are any left in the city.

IMHO, most burgers are good, with some better or much better than others.

My wife and I loved the Backyard Burgers over on Hefner (and Rockwell?). We were very sorry to see it go away.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    My wife and I loved the Backyard Burgers over on Hefner (and Rockwell?). We were very sorry to see it go away.
    Used to hit that place weekly in Tulsa but only got to try the one on Hefner once and I must have gone on a bad day...Freddy's makes a pretty mean fast food burger

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    We had a Backyard Burgers here in the city, but they had a fire and then when they rebuilt Freddies went in there.Backyard Burgers were good. I don't think there are any left in the city.
    Pretty sure there is still one left in MWC. Also I know for sure they still have a local BYB catering truck for special events.

may be outdated but this is what Google Maps showed for Backyard Burger:

4630 Southeast 29th Street

7010 West Hefner Road

1851 South Douglas Boulevard

The former MWC location is gone and is now a Henry Hudson's:

http://www.henryhudsonspub.com/location.html

BYB has left the metro... still a few left in Tulsa:

http://backyardburgers.com/locations/

24. Default Re: In-N-Out

The location on Hefner Road is now a Freddy's.

What is the Five Guys in Moore, down by Walmart. Ate at the one in Doral, Fl. Now Miami Lakes, Fl has 3 warehouse clubs within 10 miles. Sams Club, BJ's, and Costco. Shopped at all three. All have good points.

Thread Information