Widgets Magazine

Thread: Oklahoma liquor laws

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: Another Oklahoma liquor law Thread 2010.

And stop making me NOT able to buy a bottle of wine on Sunday too. It's soooooo stupid. It doesn't happen all the time, but there have been several occasions when I would have liked to have some wine with my nice sunday dinner, or needed it for a recipe. But it's Sunday, so I'm screwed. Doesn't stop me from getting a case at the grocery store, but can't go to a liquor store.

And for that matter, stop forcing only liquor stores to sell wine. Although if the liquor stores were open on Sunday, I wouldn't care.

What I don't want to see is something like Alabama has though. You can buy beer and wine at the grocery store, but any other type of alcohol has to be sold at the state-run liquor stores. Can we say conflict of interest? Seriously, just let anyone that buys the license to sell the stuff, sell it.

Default Re: Another Oklahoma liquor law Thread 2010.

A question comes to mind. Is the 6 point beer in Oklahoma liquor stores measured by volume or weight? If it is also measured by weight, then it would be almost 50% stronger than the Texas 6 point beer.

3. Default Re: Another Oklahoma liquor law Thread 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Popsy View Post
    A question comes to mind. Is the 6 point beer in Oklahoma liquor stores measured by volume or weight? If it is also measured by weight, then it would be almost 50% stronger than the Texas 6 point beer.
    The beer sold in liquor stores in Oklahoma is the same beer sold in Texas, sans the big three domestic brands. The standard alcohol content for most pilsners (such as Molson Canadian, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Miller) are 5.0% by volume. Ales are typically 5.5% by volume. Most Mexican beers are between 4% and 5% by volume.

To answer your question, no. Beer sold in OKlahoma's liquor stores are measured by volume, which is the industry standard.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

Lord Helmet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    And stop making me NOT able to buy a bottle of wine on Sunday too. It's soooooo stupid.
    You forget, God doesn't like wine...unless it's part of one of his son's magic tricks...then its ok. That's why you can't get it on Sundays.

Wow. Valuable info I did not know before. Thanks LH...Not.

Here's a good reference:

http://www.realbeer.com/edu/health/calories.php

Notice that "a beer that is 4.0% by volume is about 3.2% by weight". So by our standards hardly ANY common beers are 6.0 and most are below 6.0 by volume.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    And stop making me NOT able to buy a bottle of wine on Sunday too. It's soooooo stupid. It doesn't happen all the time, but there have been several occasions when I would have liked to have some wine with my nice sunday dinner, or needed it for a recipe. But it's Sunday, so I'm screwed. Doesn't stop me from getting a case at the grocery store, but can't go to a liquor store.

And for that matter, stop forcing only liquor stores to sell wine. Although if the liquor stores were open on Sunday, I wouldn't care.

What I don't want to see is something like Alabama has though. You can buy beer and wine at the grocery store, but any other type of alcohol has to be sold at the state-run liquor stores. Can we say conflict of interest? Seriously, just let anyone that buys the license to sell the stuff, sell it.
    Well, as with the fact that car dealers love the law that doesn't allow them to open on Sundays, no doubt, the same goes with Oklahoma liquor store operators. Since they never have to worry about their competitors opening on Sundays also helps living with such laws easy.

Thread Information