Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Nichols Hills Plaza

Default Re: Chesapeake empire marches on

JR links are no good without a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    JR links are no good without a subscription.
    Then subscribe.

Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

From the JR:
    Recipe for revival: Nichols Hills Plaza manager thinks new restaurants will spur development
    By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record February 17, 2015

OKLAHOMA CITY – Nichols Hills Plaza General Manager David Allsbrooks said the addition of two new restaurants is just the beginning of new tenants coming to the shopping center.

“Now that we have Pops and Provision Kitchen on board, the dominoes will start to fall,” he said. “You’ll start seeing more development soon.”

He said the center’s owner, Glimcher Realty Trust, will focus on filling the remaining 30,000 square feet of vacant space with traditional retail businesses. The largest single space is the 13,000-square-foot former Crescent Market. Allsbrooks could not comment as to who may come in, since there has not been a lease signed, though there are rumors that it will be home to a Trader Joe’s grocery store.

Glimcher also plans to add parking along the southwest side near Provision Kitchen. It will eventually develop the land immediately south, where King’s Court apartments once stood. Allsbrook said there’s no timeline on the King’s Court development because the company first wants to fill the plaza’s south side, which has long been vacant.

That’s where Pops and Provision Kitchen restaurants come in, leasing a total of 8,600 square feet. Pops will occupy 5,500 square feet and Provision will have 3,100 square feet. Both companies plan to start their build-outs in March and open this fall. Allsbrook said they will likely be the last restaurants in the plaza’s south side.

Pops Manager Marty Doepke said the company had been thinking about opening a second restaurant, but wanted a neighborhood location.

“We were looking for something in Oklahoma City,” he said. “We really wanted to be deeper into the metro. We’re off the beaten path in Arcadia, which is part of its charm. But with the growth and everything happening in Nichols Hills, it seems like the perfect location for us. It has that community spirit and a real neighborhood feel.”

Doepke said the new place will focus more on the restaurant and the 700 sodas, with an enhanced vintage candy section. It will not have a convenience store or fuel pumps.

“I can’t tell you how excited we are to have a second location and where we’re going to be,” he said. “It’s going to be great to have neighbors, and to be inclusive in an area instead of being solo. It’s just our way of being able to take what we’ve done (in Arcadia) and get down there with the growth of Nichols Hills. We’re going to be as modern and unique as the Pops in Arcadia, and bring that family atmosphere as well.”

While Pops comes with experience to the area, Provision Kitchen Managing Partner Whitney McClendon has a background in public health. She enjoyed cooking in her spare time, but it wasn’t until she moved to Oklahoma City with her husband that she thought about getting into the food business. She had seen a farm-to-table restaurant before, so that’s what she wanted to bring to the city. It will offer breakfast, lunch and dinner items all day, as well as house-made snacks and desserts. All dishes are prepared and packaged, so customers can get them and go if they want. She has hired a consulting group to help get the place going, and will add an in-store manager and chef to the mix as well. She is still interviewing chefs.

“I’m a fast learner,” she said. “I’ve researched a lot of this. I have a very strong idea of what the business will be, how I want it ran and the integrity behind it.”

If Provision proves to be popular, McClendon said she wants to open retail locations around the city and in Tulsa where people can pick up meals. All the dishes will feature items from Arcadia Organic Farm, which has already been producing bounty for farmers markets and restaurants.

“We’re really focused on high quality and integrity,” she said.

Steve in his chat today said that Pops is going into the old Crescent Market space yet I thought Trader Joe's was going into that space? Are they planning on splitting that parcel?

Pops isn't going into the Crescent space.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Pops isn't going into the Crescent space.
    Pops would seem like a good fit for the old Drug Store space.

Went to the Classen Curve, NHP meeting yesterday. They could neither confirm nor deny that Trader Joe's is coming, mentioned if you hear rumors they might be true, but due to agreements in place, and "nosy reporters" that they can't announce until everything is official on leases. Also mentioned several other leases are in negotiations and possibly at least one of those a national tenant.

As demonstrated in their situation with Tulsa, TJ's didn't officially announce until long after they had a lease signed.

They had already submitted building permits, the old tenants were given notice... This was months before their announcement, and during that time they repeatedly denied any plans in the area for the next two years.

So, if/when the lease is finalized I would not expect an immediate announcement. For whatever reason, they are squirrelly about such things.

I am very confident, however, the deal will be done if it isn't already.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    JR links are no good.
    fify

11. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but it looks like Pops and Provision Kitchen are both going in the West building in NHP South next to Coolgreens. Both restaurants having "Coming Soon" signs hung up.

Here are pictures I took yesterday:

I hadn't realized the old gas station at Avondale and Western had been renovated. It offers full service (perhaps the last in the City?) and is called Bolen:

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I hadn't realized the old gas station at Avondale and Western had been renovated. It offers full service (perhaps the last in the City?) and is called Bolen:

I noticed this recently as well and it looks loads better.

15. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Yeah, the pumps in your photo are full service, and the only FS I am aware of in the metro. Around the corner (barely visible in the pic) are self-serve pumps. All pumps feature pure gas and higher-than-average octane ratings. I always use only pure gas, premium grade in my motorcycle and I filled there once at the self-serve pumps, maybe a year ago before gas prices dropped precipitously. Normally at the time filling an empty tank on my bike took $11-12, and that time it took $17! ��

16. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

^^^
    I was about to mention that I thought the had higher octane there but I couldn't remember for sure.

Undated lease plan showing Pops and Provision Kitchen:

I am guessing Trader Joe's will go in parcel 6409? Are things still looking solid on that?

Yes, 6409.

And yes, solid.

New Pops location coming along.

From https://twitter.com/TylerBHolmes:

Do you know if we are getting any closer to Trader Joe's being announced?

I am sure that NH will enjoy the sales tax revenue from TJ's once it is opened and bustling with business. The more I shop there, the more I really like it! It is unique and one of a kind!! I am sure that OKC residents will "embrace" it

23. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

i honestly really dislike the appearance of NHP. From the brown/dark columns to the ridiculously many gabled roof arches. Uggh, talk about an ugly retail complex stuck in the (what?) 1960's.

That being said, I am rooting for it to be successful nonetheless - i just wish they could have started over with a modern facelift that better fits NH and today's retail scene. ....
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

So when is Pops supposed to open? There have been numerous times I've wanted something that only they have but have not wanted to drive out to Arcadia.

This fall.

Thread Information