Widgets Magazine

Thread: American Tire Distributors

Far West American Tire Distributors

Another huge warehouse / distribution center for far west Oklahoma City, this time for American Tire Distributors.

The building is under construction on the NW corner of Council and Highway 152. It will be 233,340 square feet on 25.8 acres and with construction costs of $8.3 million. The property and are owned by an North Carolina LLC and the company will lease from them.

American Tire currently leases about 92,000 square feet near SW 36th & Meridian; this will represent a significant expansion. They serve several states from their Oklahoma City location.

http://atd-us.com/

As the nation's largest tire distributor, ATD offers the products, programs and services to ensure that our customers, manufacturers and partners have every advantage in building the success of their business.
    Tire dealers and retailers depend on ATD for 24/7 access to the industry's broadest and deepest inventory at competitive prices. ATD's coast-to-coast distribution network supports approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada to provide rapid and frequent delivery of tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.

Default Re: American Tire Distributors

Awesome. The west side coupled with I-35 corridor by Frontier City is starting to explode with new industrial growth.

Truck traffic is going to continue to get worse over here. Roads are just going to continue to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Truck traffic is going to continue to get worse over here. Roads are just going to continue to get worse.
    It is really time they start looking at a future highway expansion in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    It is really time they start looking at a future highway expansion in this area.
    What do you think Airport Road is?

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    What do you think Airport Road is?
    I'm talking about turning that road into a highway. We don't need a road with traffic lights at all. It is bad for gas mileage and reduces commute times. Doing this would be much more appealing and would accommodate the growth while creating new growth. Also coupled with higher speed limits, it would be safer as well.

Edit: to make this more clear, that is already up to interstate standards but only for a small distance. It turns into a road.

Don't loose your sh!t over this and I'm not saying this needs to be done immediately, but I would turn SW 74th St. into a highway with interstate standards and connect it to I-40 shortly after it passes Clear Springs Road. I would also add a light-rail line with widening Airport road to 3 lanes in each direction and making the exit ramp to South bound I-44 two lanes instead of one.

Really, the entire interchanges of I-44/I-240 and I-44/Airport Road should be redone. Service roads continued along I-44/I-240. I also think a grand statue or a large sign for the airport would be cool somewhere along the highway.

I would also continue the Kilpatrick Turnpike down to the Newcastle Spur.

The airport is adding gates and will probably grow in traffic as new tourist and 'out-of-state' attractions are built(convention center, new fairgrounds expo, white water, and all the other development and businesses that are popping up in OKC), there is supposedly a bunch of new commercial development that is going to occur on SW 54th St., Hobby Lobby is experiencing a massive boom with no end in sight building new warehouses left and right; now one of the largest of its kind in the US, new spec and distribution centers are beginning to pop up(American Tire Distributors), and Mustang is beginning to really take off and I believe the entire SW OKC will begin to experience some solid growth soon, so that all speaks for itself.

Yes you would have to demolish houses and businesses for this. Yes, that is how a lot of highways get built. Yes, I know you and a lot of people on here will be against this. Yes, I know it will cost a lot of money. But that is the route I think they should take. We can get ahead of it now, or wait until our highways start to resemble Austin's. You can say oh OKC is a long ways out from that and blah blah, but I wonder how they felt about in the 90's. Highways don't exactly go up over night, that also includes the political aspect of it to(eminent domain, demolishing houses, acquiring the land, and actually building it), so it isn't crazy to assume it could possibly take 10 years to really get it going before we see ground break on it. By that time, traffic will have already likely have been bad and then couple on new construction it becomes a safety risk. I would just shut the entire thing down, but you and I know that won't happen.

This is kind of off topic and I'll post this in highway expansions thread anyhow.

7. Default Re: American Tire Distributors

Isn't this the parent company for Firestone?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryOKC6 View Post
    Isn't this the parent company for Firestone?
    No, they are a family-owned distributor for lots of brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    True. South Council road conditions are some of the worst in all of okc.

They need to re-do the roads, they are on the list and I would think that since they keep building warehouses over here they'd go ahead and do it.

Drove by this last Friday and was surprised to see how far along this is. Between it and Hobby Lobby seems like all this area is now is a warehouse district.

I saw this warehouse a week or so ago, and was wondering what it is. The warehouse/distribution center at Reno/Meridian next to Warren Cat is coming along nicely as well.

I think they really need to expand 29th st to 4 lanes between MacArthur and Council. The traffic there is gonna be unbareable with all the extra truck traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    I think they really need to expand 29th st to 4 lanes between MacArthur and Council. The traffic there is gonna be unbareable with all the extra truck traffic.
    That's a good point, I could see that being an issue at some point.

Thread Information