Widgets Magazine
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Frontier City

Default Re: Frontier City

Frontier City hasn't announced it but they are adding a new Zip Line it's on their map that was posted today on their Website. They open up for their 60th season on Saturday.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-buil...rticle/5589441

Frontier City Holdings LLC, 11501 N Interstate 35 Service Road, amusement, erect, $250,000.

3. Default Re: Frontier City

http://investors.sixflags.com/news-a...2018-210951050

Six Flags bought Frontier City and White Water Bay, wondering what that will mean for the parks.

And the full circle is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by elitespy View Post
    http://investors.sixflags.com/news-a...2018-210951050

Six Flags bought Frontier City and White Water Bay, wondering what that will mean for the parks.
    I think it’s important to note that they purchased the operating lease, and not the property itself.

Finally!!! They have returned!!! Bring on some significant rides!!

Hope six flags brings in some good rides with them. That has been my issue with Frontier city their rides stink. Does anything last more than 2 minutes?

I wonder if a six flags season pass or membership will get you into frontier city and vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by ChowRunner View Post
    I wonder if a six flags season pass or membership will get you into frontier city and vice versa
    These are all fantastic properties that complement our existing portfolio and provide tremendous added value and cross-visitation opportunities for our extensive Membership and Season Pass base.
    Sounds like it.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Hope six flags brings in some good rides with them. That has been my issue with Frontier city their rides stink. Does anything last more than 2 minutes?
    I wouldn't hold my breath. Common consensus is that Frontier City is actually better now than it was back when Six Flags owned them.

11. Default Re: Frontier City

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath. Common consensus is that Frontier City is actually better now than it was back when Six Flags owned them.
    Six Flags was in pretty poor financial shape then. Apparently things have improved.

I'm a member of the free Central Plains Coaster Club based here in OKC. Some of us been discussing the recent news. The park is still going to be owned my EPR out of Kansas City. EPR owns the Top Golf chain and some other parks not associated with the recent news. Six Flags is going to take over operations and management of the park. The question is will this park fall back in disrepair and be a forgotten property under the Six Flags name like it was 11 years ago. So many questions. I know I will find out in the coming months the changes.

Frontier City does not have a ton of room to expand, either. So getting 4 or 5 new rides/coasters is out, just due to logistics. I just hope the park doesn't get worse, since Six Flags will undoubtedly have bigger fish to fry, including 3 hours to our south in Arlington.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Frontier City does not have a ton of room to expand, either. So getting 4 or 5 new rides/coasters is out, just due to logistics. I just hope the park doesn't get worse, since Six Flags will undoubtedly have bigger fish to fry, including 3 hours to our south in Arlington.
    They could push northward if they really wanted to. That involve a whole new entrance and parking lot though.

15. Default Re: Frontier City

Actually i thought that they had a pretty good amount of wooded land available. And im pretty sure that Frontier City actually owned Six Flags at one time. So it seems a bit like the flea market. You buy someone's crap at the next stall, then mark it up hoping someone else buys it. Then they buy your crap and on goes the circle. So is anyone actually making money on these deals or is it just going in circles?

Blog Entries

They are operating, not owning. Why the angst here?

Quote Originally Posted by Kemotblue View Post
    ...The question is will this park fall back in disrepair and be a forgotten property under the Six Flags name like it was 11 years ago. So many questions. I know I will find out in the coming months the changes.
    Fall back into disrepair? Wasn't it just last year and the year before that the same coaster left several people stranded at the top?

18. Default Re: Frontier City

Quote Originally Posted by jompster View Post
    Fall back into disrepair? Wasn't it just last year and the year before that the same coaster left several people stranded at the top?
    The park is not in disrepair just because a roller coaster stalled at the top. It's not an uncommon occurrence for something like this to happen every now and then. Type in any search engine, "riders get stuck", and there will be multiple stories from different parks.

In fact, I just did so and all the stories come from Six Flags Parks and Universal Studios. Do you consider those parks to be in disrepair?

This happens at every single park across the nation. Look it up! There is no disrepair the park management and their staff have done a great job the past few years. So great that Six Flags wanted them back I say that is a pretty good nod on how the park has been doing since Six Flags last owned the two parks. Frontier City and White Water Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Actually i thought that they had a pretty good amount of wooded land available. And im pretty sure that Frontier City actually owned Six Flags at one time. So it seems a bit like the flea market. You buy someone's crap at the next stall, then mark it up hoping someone else buys it. Then they buy your crap and on goes the circle. So is anyone actually making money on these deals or is it just going in circles?
    Yes they have over 100 acres to use The land where their grave yard the forest area behind the current park can be turned into a parking lot. The current parking lot up into the Campground where the old hotel now sits can be used to expand the park. There is plenty of space. I know there is plans to expand Wild West Water Works inside Wildcats Lift hill. Some of the ideas the park has hinted about is a lazy River and some more family water style slide attractions added to Wild West Water Works. Through out the park they have plenty of space to use in the future.

Easy now... untwist your panties, guys. Jeez. That was just my perception from having been stuck in the ensuing traffic snarl and watching fire trucks unload people from mid-air.

I will say that last time I was there the park was clean and appeared to be kept up. I also guess the memories of the way it was years ago is still stuck with me. It doesn't mean that I don't think it's an asset to our local entertainment portfolio. Their Halloween festivities are kind of cool.

22. Default Re: Frontier City

Easy now... untwist your panties, guys. Jeez
    And done.

Easy now... untwist your panties, guys. Jeez. That was just my perception from having been stuck in the ensuing traffic snarl and watching fire trucks unload people from mid-air.

I will say that last time I was there the park was clean and appeared to be kept up. I also guess the memories of the way it was years ago is still stuck with me. It doesn't mean that I don't think it's an asset to our local entertainment portfolio. Their Halloween festivities are kind of cool.
    Got them untwisted lol

I had no idea how complex the history of Tierco/Premier Parks/Six Flags was:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontier_City

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post
    I had no idea how complex the history of Tierco/Premier Parks/Six Flags was:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontier_City
    Pretty amazing the history of this park. I hope that Six Flags retains the parks current management and staff they are very important to the success of the park. I hope Six Flags continues to add new rides and that they don't neglect the park. Take into the account the booming population of Oklahoma City and truly give this city and state a first class park.

Thread Information