Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sunnyside Diner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Sunnyside Diner

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    This would make a great 24hr diner someday.
    I agree. I am kind of disappointed this will be closing at 3PM. It's baffling why nobody in downtown OKC wants to take the plunge and open late nights. My guess is a lot of it has to do with the liquor laws in Oklahoma and the fact restaurants with ABC-2 licenses have to be completely cleared out by 2AM. They aren't allowed to simply stop serving alcohol yet keep serving food after-hours. To open a 24-hour diner in Oklahoma they would either need to serve no alcohol or 3.2 beer only.

This is another aspect of OK's liquor laws that need revised and I think that could easily be pushed as a public safety issue. It's more dangerous to dump people who have been drinking out to the streets at 1:45 then it is to have last call for alcohol at 2am but allowing establishments to stay open later if they choose like they can in most other states.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I agree. I am kind of disappointed this will be closing at 3PM. It's baffling why nobody in downtown OKC wants to take the plunge and open late nights. My guess is a lot of it has to do with the liquor laws in Oklahoma and the fact restaurants with ABC-2 licenses have to be completely cleared out by 2AM. They aren't allowed to simply stop serving alcohol yet keep serving food after-hours. To open a 24-hour diner in Oklahoma they would either need to serve no alcohol or 3.2 beer only.

This is another aspect of OK's liquor laws that need revised and I think that could easily be pushed as a public safety issue. It's more dangerous to dump people who have been drinking out to the streets at 1:45 then it is to have last call for alcohol at 2am but allowing establishments to stay open later if they choose like they can in most other states.
    That is extremely stupid. I will be writing a very strongly worded letter to someone about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    That is extremely stupid. I will be writing a very strongly worded letter to someone about that.
    It is also not true.

And remember, it's not just a breakfast place. It's going to be good old fashioned diner food. The article specifically mentioned a daily roast. This will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post

Im pretty sure that is incorrect unless it's an OKC specific law. Several restaurants in Norman operate as ABC-2 bars serving a full or near full bar worth of alcohol and stay open well after 2:00. Off the top of my head, New York Pizza & Pasta, Fuzzies, Pickleman's, and diamond dawgs.

Thread Information