Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

Looks like the First Lady of Oklahoma Mrs. Stitt wasn't wearing a mask at Target. The lost ogle twitted a picture.

https://twitter.com/TheLostOgle/stat...395520/photo/1 This isn't going to end well i'm afraid. 5 days in a row now over 100 cases. Yes more testing but those numbers are even before we opened things back up. SMH

Painting with a somewhat broad brush here, but everywhere I've been in the Asian District the past few days (Kung Fu tea, Chinatown market, Super Cao Nguyen) has had nearly 100% mask wearing, both for employees and customers.

The On Cue at NW Expy/63rd.... not so much.

I went to Dental Depot in Yukon today. Sign on the door said to call and wait in your car but people were still going in and checking in. Not one person had a mask or glove on for that matter. I was i waiting for my appointment. I say at least 15-20 people touch the door handle. Maybe i'm being a little paranoid and I sure I am but I put on a plastic glove before i walked in then took it off and throw it in the trash.

I'm going to say less then 75% of people are wearing mask from what I'm seeing.

Does anyone know of a local retail outlet that offers surgical masks for purchase? Compliance might be easier if the product was readily available.

8. Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

I hadn’t been to Home Depot in 6 or 7 weeks. I don’t Think that’s happened since the first one here opened. Today I had to go twice. I had a plastic fitting snap under our hall bath sink. Two trips is pretty good for me and a plumbing job. The first time 70 to 80% of customers had masks. The second time maybe 30%. Only a couple employees wore one. Sad!

What kills me are all the locations that aren't cleaning their credit cards pads. I just imagine the IT clown dancing along the signature pen of every register.

Anyone heard anything about if there's a phase that removes the requirement for masks for restaurant workers? Curious if that's also why some restaurants are waiting till June 1 to re-open.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivalyn View Post
    What kills me are all the locations that aren't cleaning their credit cards pads. I just imagine the IT clown dancing along the signature pen of every register.

Anyone heard anything about if there's a phase that removes the requirement for masks for restaurant workers? Curious if that's also why some restaurants are waiting till June 1 to re-open.
    Places not willing to open might be 2 reasons. Reason 1 it's just not worth it as they won't be busy enough to be open anyway. Reason 2 they making more on unemployment at least their workers are so why rush back.

Costco requires everyone to have a mask. On a side note, it was my first trip yesterday as had a friend in town with a membership. Can't wait to get one on southside. Loved it but not enough to drive from sw OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Costco requires everyone to have a mask. On a side note, it was my first trip yesterday as had a friend in town with a membership. Can't wait to get one on southside. Loved it but not enough to drive from sw OKC.
    Were they giving masks to those without or is it 100% BYOM?

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    I had my own but didn't see any. Also...did not see any hand sanitizers for public use. I did look for a bottle of that on my way out

Torchys in Edmond didn't appear to be requiring masks for anyone, customers or staff, when I tried to pick up a to-go order. They also seemed completely overwhelmed and looked like they were also trying to do a bar service? Total goat roping cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    They give you one if you don't have one.

Anybody else get dirty looks in public while wearing a mask? Its almost like they are blaming people for believing what they think is a hoax, which is causing them hardship.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    Anybody else get dirty looks in public while wearing a mask? Its almost like they are blaming people for believing what they think is a hoax, which is causing them hardship.
    This has happened to me the handful of times I've been in public.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    I see people not wearing masks getting dirty looks.

19. Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER8693 View Post
    I’ve seen this more than the other way around.

20. Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I’ve seen this more than the other way around.
    How can you tell if they have a mask on?

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    How can you tell if they have a mask on?
    The eyes and the stare.

Heh. My wife is 4'11" of Irish Mama Bear and she's been on a warpath on the times that she's had to go out, since we have a son with a pretty serious heart condition at home right now. She's one of those giving "die" looks to folks without masks and who don't respect social distancing. She has no shame yelling at full volume "social distance please" when folks break her bubble.

23. Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

The eyes and the stare.
    Exactly. The old saying about the eyes being windows to the soul.

News 9 Doctor said if everyone wore a mask it would decrease the spread greatly. What are people not understanding about wearing a mask

25. Default Re: Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    News 9 Doctor said if everyone wore a mask it would decrease the spread greatly. What are people not understanding about wearing a mask
    This possibly. I think most of us a year ago would see someone in Walmart, etc. wearing a mask and immediately think “Oh, no, what’s wrong with them”. And some still equate wearing a mask to being that “different” person and don’t want the stigma. I know this to be true for at least one person, my wife. Which is why except for going to work she hasn’t been outside of the house since early March.

Thread Information