Widgets Magazine

Thread: Shops on Second Street

Edmond Shops on Second Street

Pub W and Chicken Salad Chick going into this new center on 2nd between Bryant and Coltrane:

Default Re: Shops on Second Street

Wow, a place in Edmond called shops? Seems dangerous. Not sure if I’d go there after dark. The town is really going downhill.

Still plenty of space available for a doughnut shop and a Goodwill store.

I really like Pub W (good food, lots of TV's, always stellar Hal Smith service) and I'm sure it will kill at this location.

I have friends that live nearby and this will give us someplace to go without having to head down to Memorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I really like Pub W (good food, lots of TV's, always stellar Hal Smith service) and I'm sure it will kill at this location.

I have friends that live nearby and this will give us someplace to go without having to head down to Memorial.
    And it’s not a chain, well it is but a local chain, Edmond needs more local spots.

Just moved in a mile east of here. Very much looking forward to the Pub Dub. Was one of my favorite HH spots when I worked up near the other location on Memorial

Pub W is almost open.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That is what kills me. The stubbornness and lack of vision which leads to so much lost revenue which would allow enhanced services to the residents and visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    That is what kills me. The stubbornness and lack of vision which leads to so much lost revenue which would allow enhanced services to the residents and visitors.
    Absolutely, the more often that Edmond pushes away big and good development, the busier Memorial Rd and other OKC establishments get. There has been some good restaurant announcements lately at least. And I believe Neighborhood Jam is going next to this above.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Absolutely, the more often that Edmond pushes away big and good development, the busier Memorial Rd and other OKC establishments get. There has been some good restaurant announcements lately at least. And I believe Neighborhood Jam is going next to this above.
    Not sure what you are referring to re Edmond pushing away development as there is a ton of commercial development in east and north Edmond. They pushed back on one at 15th and Bryant, but there’s still a lot of good development there. Memorial is hopping because of what is being developed there, not what is being pushed out of Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Not sure what you are referring to re Edmond pushing away development as there is a ton of commercial development in east and north Edmond. They pushed back on one at 15th and Bryant, but there’s still a lot of good development there. Memorial is hopping because of what is being developed there, not what is being pushed out of Edmond.
    Fox lake is negotiating a setback with the owner of the property next to BWW along the I35 frontage road.

Do things the wrong way and Edmond will slap you down. Know who the right people to talk too and you can get things.

Downtown Edmond is gaining serious momentum and will be a destination before long. Sunny side diner is A+++, the railyards will be a hit, and now the mule is coming in. Won’t be long before downtown is a really cool lively spot.

I like Pub W and look forward to it but it’s just another strip building in a suburb. Edmond gaining a lot of momentum downtown is a great thing though. Will add some uniqueness to the city.

I read in the Daily Oklahoman today that Nashbird is opening a place on East 5th, a few blocks West of Cafe 501. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    I read in the Daily Oklahoman today that Nashbird is opening a place on East 5th, a few blocks West of Cafe 501. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
    C. T.
    Yup. They'll be on the ground floor of the 4 or 5 story building being constructed next to Stephenson
    Park right now.

That's right across the street from my old job... that would have been nice to have when I was there...

Pub W is doing their soft opening today and tomorrow (Sat & Sun).

Grand opening is 9/24.

I’d imagine the 3-mile demographics surrounding these Shoppes are nothing short of amazing. We could really start to see an acceleration of higher end concepts in this part of Edmond, assuming the residents don’t protest too much.

Any idea about the sign in the east entrance of this, advertising a "Primrose School"? Are they trying to build a private school on the lot directly south of Pub W? If so, interesting juxtaposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Any idea about the sign in the east entrance of this, advertising a "Primrose School"? Are they trying to build a private school on the lot directly south of Pub W? If so, interesting juxtaposition.
    It's a daycare facility.

There is one at 150th & Western.

Thread Information