Widgets Magazine
Page 163 of 166 FirstFirst ... 63113158159160161162163164165166 LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 4148

Thread: SandRidge Center & Commons

1. Default Re: SandRidge Center & Commons

Quote Originally Posted by HHE View Post
    Will the government be able to maintain it?
    Great question. History shows the government does not maintain their buildings. Look at OSDH and ODMHSAS, as I referenced above. Heck, look at the State Capitol. It took an act of God and someone nearly dying from falling debris before they spent a ton of money to finally fix it.

Given that history, you could probably expect the landscaping to be the first thing to suffer if it’s sold to the state. The rest will just gradually decay until it requires massive investment to fix.

Default Re: SandRidge Center & Commons

Of course the govt won’t maintain it.

Their best option would be to buy it, sign a 50 lease, and flip it to a REIT for well over double what they paid for it.

Blog Entries

Sources have told The Oklahoman the tower purchase is tied to House Bill 2840, which calls for the Department of Environmental Quality to sell its building at 707 N Robinson Ave. and for the agency to move into an unspecified property along with Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department, the Oklahoma Tax Commission, the Oklahoma Water Resources Board, the Oklahoma Department of Labor and the Department of Mines.--Oklahoman, Steve Lackmeyer: Monday, May 18, 2020

Maybe the new owner tenant will be able to afford to light this building up at night; especially with the state's tourism and recreation department as one of the occupants. State owned skyscraper

Blog Entries

'Unknown Sources...' Now we know the 'unknown source.' Thanks Pete for you pointing this out.

This sale will fill up some vacant office space in downtown with room for agencies to grow.

It's probably uncharacteristic of the State of Oklahoma agencies; however, do you think there might be chance that a logo will appear at the top of this tower--I'll settle for them to just light this structure up at nights.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    The Oklahoma Health Care Authority was very close to moving downtown back in 2011—where OCU Law is currently. But state employees threw a huge fit that there wasn’t enough parking and that they’d have to walk a block to get to work. They ultimately went with the site they are now.
    This is comical. As a current law student I can testify to that. Even with a parking pass I end up parking on the street.

I could be wrong but doesn't the state own the Robinson Renaissance building? It is currently in the middle of a lobby renovation that is making it looks much updated. I assume they will probably have a company that will handle the management and upkeep like the do (or did if they sold it recently).

This will keep the building looking good and maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Sources have told The Oklahoman the tower purchase is tied to House Bill 2840, which calls for the Department of Environmental Quality to sell its building at 707 N Robinson Ave. and for the agency to move into an unspecified property along with Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department, the Oklahoma Tax Commission, the Oklahoma Water Resources Board, the Oklahoma Department of Labor and the Department of Mines.--Oklahoman, Steve Lackmeyer: Monday, May 18, 2020

Maybe the new owner tenant will be able to afford to light this building up at night; especially with the state's tourism and recreation department as one of the occupants. State owned skyscraper
    It’s contingent on how much the state will fetch from the DEQ headquarters. There have been numerous interested parties the last couple/few years. An appraisal was (very) recently commissioned.

With that amount of consolidation downtown, how many more employees does that put downtown compared to the current workforce down there?

9. Default Re: SandRidge Center & Commons

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Would love to see TFCU buy it and move HQ there.
    You and me both. Unfortunately, I don’t think that will ever happen. They’ve put a bunch of money into their buildings at I-40 and Meridian over the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    I could be wrong but doesn't the state own the Robinson Renaissance building? It is currently in the middle of a lobby renovation that is making it looks much updated. I assume they will probably have a company that will handle the management and upkeep like the do (or did if they sold it recently).

This will keep the building looking good and maintained.
    Yes, it's the Commission of Land Office which operates very differently than other state agencies.

The entire purpose is to invest funds -- their own, generated by owned and sold property -- to create revenue for the state education fund.

The also own that huge tract near 50th & Lincoln where they have been trying to kick off a big mixed-use development.

The Tax Commission has around 500 employees in OKC. The legal group has been in downtown for years. It also has a legal group in Tulsa. The main building at the capitol complex has had serious mechanical issues for years. This would be a great move for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    The Tax Commission has around 500 employees in OKC. The legal group has been in downtown for years. It also has a legal group in Tulsa. The main building at the capitol complex has had serious mechanical issues for years. This would be a great move for them.
    The Tax Commission is not involved. I'll have a full list of what agencies are moving from where later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The Tax Commission is not involved. I'll have a full list of what agencies are moving from where later today.
    Thanks - guess the Oklahoman was incorrect.

14. Default Re: SandRidge Center & Commons

Quote Originally Posted by LandThieves View Post
    It’s contingent on how much the state will fetch from the DEQ headquarters. There have been numerous interested parties the last couple/few years. An appraisal was (very) recently commissioned.
    According to the DOK, a private investor will be buying the building and leasing it to the state agencies. This is probably good news to those worried about how well the property will be kept up.

^^A private investor that really does care about landscaping and maintenance. I think this deal will be a very good thing for the property and for Kerr Park! This also means we don't have to worry about DEQ wanting to build a massive parking structure fronting the streetcar line.

Blog Entries

I'm sure the new buyers will want to do that tho

My understanding is the following state agencies will be taking space in SandRidge Tower (what will be the new name I wonder?):

DEQ: ~400
    Dept. of Health: ~400
    Water Resources ~100
    Bureau of Mines ~20

That's approximately 1,000 new downtown workers.

The OTC has about 450 employees in OKC and unless the list above changes, there is likely not enough room for them, although they may be moving elsewhere.

As I previously posted, the building would be sold with all existing furniture, which is beautiful.

SandRidge tower is one of the towers that normally has crosses in the windows for the holidays, right? I wonder if the state will continue that practice.

Blog Entries

Confused at this point.

Is the State of Oklahoma purchasing this building and Sandridge Energy will lease their current space from the agency and an additional 1,000 employees will occupy the tower...

As for parking, the tower has 1,187 covered parking spaces underground--over 90% of the parking spaces in this tower will be occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Confused at this point.

Is the State of Oklahoma purchasing this building and Sandridge Energy will lease their current space from the agency and an additional 1,000 employees will occupy the tower...

As for parking, the tower has 1,187 covered parking spaces underground--over 90% of the parking spaces in this tower will be occupied.
    Where did you get the number for parking spaces underground? I think you might be including the parking garage across the street in that number.

Yes, there are 931 spaces at the Broadway Kerr garage then about 250 more under the tower and in the auditorium/workout facility to the east.

Update with some good info:

https://oklahoman.com/article/566271...ffice-building

I'd be very surprised if the CLO (state) doesn't end up buying the property.

23. Default Re: SandRidge Center & Commons

How will all of those agencies fit?

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    How will all of those agencies fit?
    I don't think they will.

I believe there is a good chance the OTC will go elsewhere.

I'd like to see Costco put their operation center there if there were the room. I'm really hoping they locate downtown. 1000 state, 1000 Costco, and the 1000 Global Payments employees would be a boom for downtown.

Thread Information