Widgets Magazine
Page 432 of 455 FirstFirst ... 332382427428429430431432433434435436437 ... LastLast
Results 10,776 to 10,800 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    946 new cases today; last several Tuesdays: 733; 465; 177; 85.

7-day rolling average now 1,657.

Hospitalizations are 841 (+102).

ICU is 246 (+30).
    Anecdotal report, but a friend of mine who's a nurse is saying there are no more ICU beds available across the entire state as of yesterday. Concerning, if true.

2. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Anecdotal report, but a friend of mine who's a nurse is saying there are no more ICU beds available across the entire state as of yesterday. Concerning, if true.
    My fiance said the hospital she works at took in a patient from Kansas City yesterday because they had no rooms left there and then this morning she told me they had to send a patient in Idabel to Colorado and had 3 more waiting in Idabel on ventilators with no place to go.

i was eating lunch with my dad and brother a little over three weeks ago and the virus came up in our conversation. i mentioned that i was generally less sympathetic to the people who are getting sick now since they are mostly those who chose to remain unvaccinated... as soon as i noticed a slight change in my brother's expression, i realized that he was among those who were refusing to be vaccinated. his stance was that the vaccine had not been adequately tested and that he would rather take his chances with the 'unlikely' event that he would catch the virus than risk any potential side effects... even though the number of people experiencing adverse events is extremely low against the millions who have been vaccinated. he started experiencing symptoms late last week, received a treatment yesterday, and went into the emergency room today. i imagine that he feels quite differently about his choice now. i tragically lost my oldest brother in 2019 due to medical circumstances that were entirely preventable and now i'm pretty concerned that i'm going to lose my only other sibling in the same way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i was eating lunch with my dad and brother a little over three weeks ago and the virus came up in our conversation. i mentioned that i was generally less sympathetic to the people who are getting sick now since they are mostly those who chose to remain unvaccinated... as soon as i noticed a slight change in my brother's expression, i realized that he was among those who were refusing to be vaccinated. his stance was that the vaccine had not been adequately tested and that he would rather take his chances with the 'unlikely' event that he would catch the virus than risk any potential side effects... even though the number of people experiencing adverse events is extremely low against the millions who have been vaccinated. he started experiencing symptoms late last week, received a treatment yesterday, and went into the emergency room today. i imagine that he feels quite differently about his choice now. i tragically lost my oldest brother in 2019 due to medical circumstances that were entirely preventable and now i'm pretty concerned that i'm going to lose my only other sibling in the same way.
    Sorry for your brother. I have relatives exactly like that. They've swallowed the Koolade and now I worry for them. I have a very close friend right now that was the same way as a denier and now is fighting for their life waiting on an ECMO machine but they are taken and there is now a waiting list. I hope he can last long enough to have a chance.

Unfortunately I have lost several family and friends to covid.
    Last edited by Martin; 08-03-2021 at 06:18 PM. Reason: removed politics

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    This is terrible news. I'm very sorry about your brother.

I learned from a friend today that his unvaccinated brother and father both have contracted Covid 19. They were against the vaccine for moral / Trumpy reasons. Overall I have next to no compassion for people who are not getting vaccinated and getting ill, but it sucks when it's your own family.

I cannot imagine how frustrating this must be to deal with in your own family.

2,160 new cases today.

7-day average now 1,755.

Hospitalizations are 880 (+39).

ICU is 259 (+13).

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    2,160 new cases today.

7-day average now 1,755.

Hospitalizations are 880 (+39).

ICU is 259 (+13).
    Of those 880 how many are unvaccinated? I heard it was 90% which would only put it at 88 vaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Of those 880 how many are unvaccinated? I heard it was 90% which would only put it at 88 vaccinated?
    curious to know how many ( if any) in the ICU are vaccinated as well

Blog Entries

I think nationally the number is 93% of all cases now are unvaccinated, with 99.5% of hospital cases unvaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    My fiance said the hospital she works at took in a patient from Kansas City yesterday because they had no rooms left there and then this morning she told me they had to send a patient in Idabel to Colorado and had 3 more waiting in Idabel on ventilators with no place to go.
    Stillwater hospital was full as of Wednesday morning according to its FB page. At least nobody was waiting in ER for a bed. The hospital could hold at least 7 more patients if he had the staffing. Another good reason to get vaccinated is that hospitals may be too busy to serve you.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I learned from a friend today that his unvaccinated brother and father both have contracted Covid 19. They were against the vaccine for moral / Trumpy reasons. Overall I have next to no compassion for people who are not getting vaccinated and getting ill, but it sucks when it's your own family.
    I have that same feeling about it.

The reality is, though, that many of these people are victims of misinformation and cult like politics.

The term "drinking the kool aid" is often used in a derogatory way, but those who actually drank the kool aid were victims.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    I have that same feeling about it.

The reality is, though, that many of these people are victims of misinformation and cult like politics.

The term "drinking the kool aid" is often used in a derogatory way, but those who actually drank the kool aid were victims.
    +1. And most of the cult leaders are (a) gorgeous and (b) charismatic as all get out.

Heck, I went out and bought several pairs of Ray Ban Aviators after watching Waco. The guy who played Koresh (John Riggins) made them look cool as hell!

I have a co worker that is 39 healthy Democratic and won't get the vaccine. Doesn't believe in it and has nothing to do with Trump. He just doesn't want to put it into his body. He watches what he eats and puts into his body very closely.

I have a co worker that is 39 healthy Democratic and won't get the vaccine. Doesn't believe in it and has nothing to do with Trump. He just doesn't want to put it into his body. He watches what he eats and puts into his body very closely.

Wellness person?

Does he get vaccines for tetanus, shingles, flu, etc.? Has he had his measles, mumps, etc. vaccines?

The anti-vax movement has long consisted of people with both and right and left politics. However, those movements have found stronger political alliances with certain right wing groups and politicians. But, there are certainly anti-vaxxers who lean left that, as Thomas pointed out, are often in wellness communities. As anti-vaxxers are increasingly maligned on the left I suspect some have shifted their overall politics to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Does he get vaccines for tetanus, shingles, flu, etc.? Has he had his measles, mumps, etc. vaccines?
    Kind of not really my place to ask.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...ing-vaccinated

Key statement: "I'm young enough, I'd rather give it [the vaccine] to people who need it. I don't need it. I'm a healthy, young individual that will continue to work on my health.

Also: https://twitter.com/KassieMcClung/st...275414529?s=20

It's the 18-50 year olds that are really getting it. https://twitter.com/beth72/status/14...182320132?s=20

Kind of not really my place to ask.
    So it's fine to talk about the COVID vaccine with him and why he's not getting it, but not to go further and find out if he's gotten other vaccines, and if he got those, then why isn't he getting this one, etc.? OK......

I have a family member having surgery at Baptist and they came in and told us that, starting tomorrow, there will be a new COVID protocol where only one person will be allowed in the room with the patient in the ICU at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    So it's fine to talk about the COVID vaccine with him and why he's not getting it, but not to go further and find out if he's gotten other vaccines, and if he got those, then why isn't he getting this one, etc.? OK......
    Our employee might be requiring it and it wasn't like a big long conversation plus I have worked with him for over 10 years so OK sorry it was mentioned in a 35 second conversation. Would you like me to ask him who he sleeps with also would that make you happy. No of my business. It was just a I'm not vaccinated and don't want to get it but if work makes me I guess I will. end of conversation

In my opinion, no company should require employees to get covid vaccinations until it's fully approved by the FDA.

I'll admit though, with all the crazy stuff against taking the covid vaccines going on the Internet, I would probably be too afraid to get one if I was under age 40 or 50. But like I said before, if younger, I would, no doubt, feel myself frustratingly lodged between a rock and hard place. It's also like back when I got the covid vaccine during both times I asked myself if these vaccines are so safe, why do I have to wait 15 minutes before leaving? I didn't have to do that for the flu vaccine. Anyway, I sure hope next summer is a lot better and things are ever more back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    In my opinion, no company should require employees to get covid vaccinations until it's fully approved by the FDA.

I'll admit though, with all the crazy stuff against taking the covid vaccines going on the Internet, I would probably be too afraid to get one if I was under age 40 or 50. But like I said before, if younger, I would, no doubt, feel myself frustratingly lodged between a rock and hard place. It's also like back when I got the covid vaccine during both times I asked myself if these vaccines are so safe, why do I have to wait 15 minutes before leaving? I didn't have to do that for the flu vaccine. Anyway, I sure hope next summer is a lot better and things are ever more back to normal.
    Waiting 15 minutes is the standard recommendation for every vaccination including the flu shot. It has nothing to do with the covid vaccine specifically. I got a TDAP vaccine in March and it was the exact same recommendation.

^^ I got the phenomena vaccine a few weeks ago. 15 minute wait before I left the doctors office. SOP.

Thread Information