Widgets Magazine

Thread: Local Radio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Local Radio

I've continued to tune into 96.9 because they play what I consider to be a good mix of music from back when MTV was worth watching to more contemporary tunes. I have a question that is more about a technicality than content. Do stations like this somehow digitally remix or enhance the original versions of the music for broadcast? Many of the old songs seem much richer and fuller than I remember them to be in terms of boosted bass, enhanced drums, etc. b.t.w. I'm listening on an old school, factory installed, radio in an old Chevy truck. Just curious.

p.s. Does anyone remember that All Jazz All the Time station from back in the 80's or early 90's?

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    I've continued to tune into 96.9 because they play what I consider to be a good mix of music from back when MTV was worth watching to more contemporary tunes. I have a question that is more about a technicality than content. Do stations like this somehow digitally remix or enhance the original versions of the music for broadcast? Many of the old songs seem much richer and fuller than I remember them to be in terms of boosted bass, enhanced drums, etc. b.t.w. I'm listening on an old school, factory installed, radio in an old Chevy truck. Just curious.

p.s. Does anyone remember that All Jazz All the Time station from back in the 80's or early 90's?
    Someone in thread said it was 97.9 KTNT. Not sure if that's the one you were thinking of. OKC radio never had a plethora of true jazz stations. I do think KGOU still does the national broadcast of the John Pitzarelli (sp?) show.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Someone in thread said it was 97.9 KTNT. Not sure if that's the one you were thinking of. OKC radio never had a plethora of true jazz stations. I do think KGOU still does the national broadcast of the John Pitzarelli (sp?) show.
    My SweetHeart and I like to refer to Saturday Night as Radio Night. Even after Garrison "A Prairie Home Companion" Keillor was declared a non-person by the media powers that be up around Minnesota a few years ago. The programming on one of the local stations is pretty good: "Woodsongs Radio Hour" (Kentucky). . . "The Underground Martini Bunker" (Kansas City) . . . "Weekend Radio." (Cleveland). "Radio: The Theater of the Mind" =~)

p.s. Mark Shannon was one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    KGOU still does the national broadcast of the John Pitzarelli (sp?) show.
    last i heard radio deluxe with John Pitzarelli is on sunday night i believe at 8pm

Thread Information