Widgets Magazine

Thread: 2021 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: 2021 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    We haven't started flying as much post-Covid yet, but just took a trip on AA. Our upcoming trip is also on AA mainly because of plane type. I have some vouchers to use on DL, though. Trying to figure out where we want to go-- maybe the Utah mountains through SLC (where Delta flies good RJs, not 200s). We have a trip coming up to Denver but we are driving because of of SW's lack of first or extra legroom seats, UA's plane types, and Frontier's lack of options.
    Is this really something you consider? OKC will never really have the larger planes coming to it, since it is in the middle of the country, and not a hub.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Is this really something you consider? OKC will never really have the larger planes coming to it, since it is in the middle of the country, and not a hub.
    i do not fly CRJ-200s. You're basically a sardine in there. In the summer, the AC has 0 chance of keeping up as well.

3. Default Re: 2021 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    I consider it on every single trip I book. Within reason, the experience is more important to me than price. I avoid planes where we can't get at least extra-room coach, and will often choose first if the price is reasonable (and flying to the coast or overseas). We will also purposely connect in DFW when flying some place on AA not non-stop for better equipment. So yes, we are driving to Colorado because UA isn't flying decent planes between DEN and OKC right now. Our SUV will make that more comfortable and we won't have to deal with renting an SUV in DEN during the rental car shortage so that's a bonus. But if those CRJ-200s were to magically become CRJ-700s and A320s we would strongly reconsider our decision to drive.

I consider it on every single trip I book. Within reason, the experience is more important to me than price. I avoid planes where we can't get at least extra-room coach, and will often choose first if the price is reasonable (and flying to the coast or overseas). We will also purposely connect in DFW when flying some place on AA not non-stop for better equipment. So yes, we are driving to Colorado because UA isn't flying decent planes between DEN and OKC right now. Our SUV will make that more comfortable and we won't have to deal with renting an SUV in DEN during the rental car shortage so that's a bonus. But if those CRJ-200s were to magically become CRJ-700s and A320s we would strongly reconsider our decision to drive.
    Eh.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210705-172352~2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	16940  

I love you

Thread Information