Widgets Magazine
Page 126 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2676121122123124125126127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 3701

Thread: Scissortail Park

Default Re: Scissortail Park

Looks like someone is doing donuts on Eastbound I-40 ?

Pete, will you call the phone number on the board for cusack's meat and find out the asking price? I wonder if we could set up a go fund me or equivalent to purchase this land and turn it over to the City. Maybe everyone over a certain amount could have thier name on a brick that is to be used in the future development of the land.

Does this idea interest anyone else on the board?

^^^. No

They wanted $7MM for the entire property back in the day. That single piece adjacent the park will probably be worth that in 20 years.

The city should raise the level of the park so all the drainage settles into that one plot. Or build a giant retaining wall around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    ^^^. No
    Noted.

Park absolutely heaving this morning:

Article about the feather sculpture. Says it will be installed in summer 2022: https://www.velocityokc.com/blog/ins...tailArt4_15_21

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Article about the feather sculpture. Says it will be installed in summer 2022: https://www.velocityokc.com/blog/ins...tailArt4_15_21
    This is such a great improvement from the sculpture that was originally planned.

Yes!!!

How'd they get the water so blue? Do they put dye in it? I'm not used to water in OK being anything but brown.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    How'd they get the water so blue? Do they put dye in it? I'm not used to water in OK being anything but brown.
    I think it's due to the angle of the sun and the fact we haven't had rain in quite a while, so no red dirt runoff.

And keep in mind the pond has a vinyl liner like a pool.

Even dirty water can refract blue light when viewed at the correct angle. On the surface it may not look blue because you are only seeing the surface layer of water, but viewed from above there are more opportunities for light to bounce off other water particles on its way to your eyes, each time that light taking on a more and more blue wavelength.

Yes, they dyed it blue. My understanding is that it was dyed to prevent algae blooms.

And I don't know if it was mentioned previously, but the lake was recently stocked with sunfish from the OKC Parks department.

16. Default Re: Scissortail Park

The water IS blue. They just dye it brown.

https://twitter.com/ScissortailPark/...50876071137283

More fish for the lake!

Yesterday, Scissortail Park Rangers worked with the @OKWildlifeDept who brought 400 channel catfish to Scissortail Lake.

These one-year old fish each measure about 10 inches. They join our 400 sunfish that were added to the lake in March.
    There's a mildly amusing video if you click through. I found it funny, at least.

Went to the Night Market around 6:30 and it was absolutely slammed with people. Don’t think I’ve seen/been around that amount of people at once since the before pandemic started.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Went to the Night Market around 6:30 and it was absolutely slammed with people. Don’t think I’ve seen/been around that amount of people at once since the before pandemic started.
    Great to hear! They had music as well ? was the presence of the new convention center and hotel impressive at night?

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Great to hear! They had music as well ? was the presence of the new convention center and hotel impressive at night?
    Yeah there was some music at the main stage and some guy just kind of plucking on his bass around some of the vendor tents haha. There was still a bit of sunlight left while I was still there, but the convention center and Omni looked really good lit up even then.

can you imagine connecting Scissortail - wheeler on down too Oliver park Sw29th to Sw36th along south Santa Fe Would be a great greenway

The current completion date for the lower park is July 2022.

These are the latest renderings:

Thread Information