Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Games

Default Re: Video Games

Waiting on infinity blade 2... I never could have believed that iOS gaming would eliminate my need for the computer and my consoles. But it has.

The official GTA V trailer came out today and it will be set in Los Angeles or "Los Santos" as Rockstar likes to call it.

Those of you who played GTA: San Andreas will be familiar with this setting.

MadMonk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ddavidson8 View Post
    Portal 2 is worth every penny.
    +1 on that. I'm waiting on MW3 and Skyrim. I think I'll skip BF3, I wasn't impressed with the demo.

I wasn't impressed by the Battlefield 3 BETA but they said that the BETA was from months ago so I still may try it out. And I guess it's safe to say that everyone on here seems to like the same video games.

5. Default Re: Video Games

I am a few hours into Battlefield 3 on PC. It is very intense and challenging on the hardest difficulty. THere have been numerous wow moments so far. Worth checking out

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    I am a few hours into Battlefield 3 on PC. It is very intense and challenging on the hardest difficulty. THere have been numerous wow moments so far. Worth checking out
    Thanks for the heads up. I will have to get it on PS3 though, *sigh*, as this is a game made mainly for PC.

Quote Originally Posted by HewenttoJared View Post
    Waiting on infinity blade 2... I never could have believed that iOS gaming would eliminate my need for the computer and my consoles. But it has.
    For reals? I might need to check that out.

Osmos, TowerMadness, Infinity Blade, Zombie Gunship/Highway, Squirkle(shameless plug for a game my friend made) All impressive on any iOS device.

9. Default Re: Video Games

I'm still an MMO junkie. Waiting for Old Republic next month to come out. Of course I love me some BioWare, so the story angle should be very good. I'll just have to finish up Dragon Age 2 with the DLC stuff before then.

Once Skyrim comes out, my social life will be over...

11. Default Re: Video Games

Skyrim review is live on IGN 9.5/10

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/12120...source=twitter

Skyrim review is live on IGN 9.5/10

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/12120...source=twitter
    That doesn't surprise me but what does surprise me is they actually gave a game a higher rating than MW3... Skyrim deserves game of the century for that. Lol

13. Default Re: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    That doesn't surprise me but what does surprise me is they actually gave a game a higher rating than MW3... Skyrim deserves game of the century for that. Lol
    I was actually shocked by they gave it a 9. From what I've heard from friends who have played it already this seems to be a very generous score. It seems that reviewers, esp IGN, are starting to realize that just because it says COD, doesn't mean it deserves a 9.5 or a 10.

As for COD itself, it is kind of becoming like NCAA or Madden, where it's basically the same formula every year with some new changes. Kind of getting old.

I was actually shocked by they gave it a 9. From what I've heard from friends who have played it already this seems to be a very generous score. It seems that reviewers, esp IGN, are starting to realize that just because it says COD, doesn't mean it deserves a 9.5 or a 10.

As for COD itself, it is kind of becoming like NCAA or Madden, where it's basically the same formula every year with some new changes. Kind of getting old.
    I haven't played it yet so I can't really judge but every COD I've played since COD 4 has felt and looked the same and I've played all of the between MW and MW3. I still plan on getting it but not because it seems amazing, just simply because all my friends will have it and I want to play online with them.

I've noticed that COD games have always been reviewed by fanboys so that's why they give it such a high rating but games like the original Dead Space got an 8.7 from IGN and that game kept me more entertained/scared/wanting more than all the COD games combined. COD 4 was pretty cool though since it was the breakthrough.

15. Default Re: Video Games

FOr the SKyrim people how do you like it so far? I really really really like it. It is so big with so much to do that it kind of gets overwhelming. Im about 24 hours into it and I have only done 3 main quests.

FOr the SKyrim people how do you like it so far? I really really really like it. It is so big with so much to do that it kind of gets overwhelming. Im about 24 hours into it and I have only done 3 main quests.
    I love it! I haven't had a lot of time to play it but I'm level 15 and I've gotten pretty far. The best thing to do is just go exploring. Go through caves and look inside every chest, cupboard, urn, etc. You'll be amazed at the things you find!

I'v e only played maybe 2 hours worth but so far I love it just in the short amount of time I've played it. Hopefully this next week will be nice to me, since it's Thanksgiving week, and I can get some time to play it.

Oh, and I've only completed the first main quest which took about 20 minutes for me... The rest has been exploring. LOL

18. Default Re: Video Games

Ugh...you Skyrim people are going to make me end up buying it.

been playing skyrim for around 20 hours... really fun game! -M

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    I'v e only played maybe 2 hours worth but so far I love it just in the short amount of time I've played it. Hopefully this next week will be nice to me, since it's Thanksgiving week, and I can get some time to play it.

Oh, and I've only completed the first main quest which took about 20 minutes for me... The rest has been exploring. LOL
    The main quest in its entirety will take around 40 hours or so im guessing. The third game in the elder scroll series Morrowind i spent easily 250 hours or so and still left some things unfinished. Im guessing playtime in Skyrim will be upwards of several hundred hours due to the sheer enormity of things to do in the game world.
    Wait til you come across a dragon and burnt to a crisp lol.

*sigh* my life isn't long enough to get the full experience of Skyrim. *sobs*

FUS RO DAH!!!!!!

Skyrim is awesome, it's consumed the last few days of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by silvergrove View Post
    FUS RO DAH!!!!!!

Skyrim is awesome, it's consumed the last few days of my life.
    It consumed my entire day today. Thank God for Thanksgiving Break. =)

Waiting on Infinity Blade II for the IPad! December 1! Never thought I wouldn't have to buy an Xbox 360 or PS3 to enjoy video gaming!

Thread Information