Widgets Magazine
Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1568

Thread: Braum's

Default Re: Braum's

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Boom! ..... Man you should have dropped the mic after that one.

Not fast food but better burgers too.
    You would be hard pressed to find a better burger than Tuckers. Wife and I eat at the Norman location at least once a week.

2. Default Re: Braum's

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER8693 View Post
    You would be hard pressed to find a better burger than Tuckers. Wife and I eat at the Norman location at least once a week.
    Tucker's is second on my list right after Nic's but a Mother Tucker with cheese and jalapenos makes me a happy carnivore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sixkiller View Post
    Tuckers!!!
    Respectfully disagree. I get a variety of flavors and way creamier shakes at Braums. Wouldn't put Braums burgers in their same universe, but Tuckers is burgers, Braums is dairy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    I have to admit. I have been known to walk into a Tucker JUST to get a malt.
    Last 2 times I got a shake at Tuckers (@ The Curve) it was crystaline and not creamy. Never have that problem at Braums.

5. Default Re: Braum's

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Last 2 times I got a shake at Tuckers (@ The Curve) it was crystaline and not creamy. Never have that problem at Braums.
    I've never had that problem at the 23rd street Tuckers.

Blog Entries

I'll try it down there. Their burgers are better there than at The Curve too. But super thick Chocolate Almond shake is my go to... still going to Braums for that.

7. Default Re: Braum's

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'll try it down there. Their burgers are better there than at The Curve too. But super thick Chocolate Almond shake is my go to... still going to Braums for that.
    I'll give Braum's that. They have more flavor options. Tucker's is vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, flavor of the month.

8. Default Re: Braum's

Tucker's replaced Braum's as our go-to for shakes/malts a long time ago. So much better, and we've definitely gone in just for the dessert.

Quote Originally Posted by skwillz View Post
    So we are all in agreement then? Braums is officially dead to us.
    More or less been dead to us for a while. Won't say we never go there, but it's the clear exception to the rule. Kinda the Wal Mart for dairy/fast food living on reputation.

Actually, I have to say I had a very pleasant experience at Braum's yesterday. Decided I was thirsty, thought a cherry limeade sounded good. Pulled into Braum's and since they've chased so many customers away there was no line in the drive thru. Was able to get my drink and get on my way, no muss no fuss.

Kudos, Braum's. You finally fixed the problem with the huge waits in the drive thru. Kinda like fixing a hangnail by shooting your foot off, but hey, it worked, right?

Braum's planning new store in Casady Square

Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy has filed planning documents with The Village to demolish a retail building and construct a new store.

The new Braum's would be on the east side of Pennsylvania just south of Britton road. An existing retail strip center would be razed which is currently adjacent to a Walmart Neighborhood Market.

The submission comes just months after the Oklahoma City-based company abandoned plans to demolish the historic Donnay Building in the area commonly known as Classen Circle. The company scuttled plans for a new store on that site after a large public outcry and then a new buyer – who plans to renovate and preserve the Donnay – stepped in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    [/center]
    The man-for-scale is demonstrating a usual posture for a few employees I've seen over there.

Also, it shows how incredibly massive that sign is.

Good grief, it's like 3 billboards stacked on top of each other.

Attached Images Attached Images

15. Default Re: Braum's

Aw, China City was my favorite Chinese take-out place when I lived up there.

About the height of a utility pole. Can't tell if that would be out of scale or not.

Regardless, it looks to be a much better fit. I'm willing to stand corrected if there is some significance to the strip building that will be sacrificed, but they seem to have found a potentially captive audience they were looking for in Casady School.

Braums cant even fix their current problems and drew wants to put up more stores can honestly say I wouldn’t bother me a bit if they went out of business

I get frustrated with their operation but love their products and go to the one near 39th and Penn quite often.

But every time I see them with plans to build something new, it burns even more that that location is so poorly kept and in desperate need of renovation. The one at 17th & Classen is worse yet.

Blog Entries

That particular strip hasn't been good for some time. Braums is an improvement here and will bring light and activity to that particular area in the evening. As for the sign, it seems too high for a neighborhood (as opposed to needing to be seen by a highway). OKC needs to pass new sign ordinances.

It's The Village, which may or may not be advantageous. Something tells me to expect they'd want a smaller sign, but I don't know how it works over there.

Now that I live in Piedmont.....PIEDMONT AREA NEEDS A BRAUMS!!!!!...please build one. I keep hearing a Braums will be built near the corner on Piedmont Rd and the Express Way, but have never seen it.

22. Default Re: Braum's

The ice cream on the sign looks.... interesting.

I support this new development for Braum's and for the Village. This will make a straight shot for me when grocery shopping on Pennsylvania when WinCo eventually opens along with Aldi.

Not a fan of Braum's, but I'm sure it'll kill it in that area. Little Caesar's knew what they were doing locating right in front of the school.

I can't find the minutes, but I seem to remember the Village setting some new ordinances around sign height in the city. I want to say 20' was the max without an exception. Backing up to the neighborhood, I would guess that sign gets knocked down in height. The Casady Square sign and Church's Chicken across the street aren't nearly that tall.

As for the proposal to tear down this strip, it doesn't bother me. Blockbuster isn't coming back. Though I would like to see less dedicated parking. There's plenty of parking around there already. I didn't make it to the meeting the other night when they had public discussion on the plan, so I don't know what the reaction was or if anything was decided.

Thread Information