Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Brung Ya..................

Default Re: What Brung Ya..................

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    I came here because I heard the mashed potatoes were magnificent.

It was a ruse.
    I am so sorry. We served you the mashed turnips!!

If you would stop talkin' with your mouth full maybe we could understand.

Now spit that out, sit up straight and enjoy dinner with the rest of us.

On second thought!

It won't happen here
    You're safe, mama
    You're safe, baby
    You just cook a TV dinner
    And you make it
    (Bop bop bop)
    No no no no
    Oh, we're gonna get a TV dinner and cook it up
    Go get a TV dinner and cook it up
    Cook it up
    Oh, and it won't happen here
    (No no no no no no no no no no no
    Man you guys are really safe
    Everything's cool).

TV dinner by the pool
    Watch your brother grow a beard
    Got another year of school
    You're okay, he's too weird
    Be a plummer
    He's a bummer
    He's a bummer every summer
    Be a loyal plastic robot
    For a world that doesn't care
    That's right

Sorry! Now where we?

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    That's funny. My grandmother went to the Mount when it was a boarding school back in the day. The grotto truly is a treasure for all of those who have never been. Did cutting down the trees improve it or no?
    I "borrowed" this photo from Doug. It is a new posting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ch_msmarys2m.jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	211.5 KB 
ID:	309  

Quote Originally Posted by rowdy55ok View Post
    Southside Girl MADE me!!!!! Boy she can be bossy, OH I Mean "BOY IS SHE A GREAT ORGANIZER"!!!!
    It's about time you showed up. Enjoy its fun

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    You let us northsiders in? I might just join you guys. I love to take a walk through the stations at the Mount and haven't been down there in a while.
    They have done a lot work around the grounds lately Go up and see

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHSIDE GIRL View Post
    They have done a lot work around the grounds lately Go up and see
    I am going to call Talita and nominate you as the Mount's Official Ambassador of Goodwill.

Maybe she'll send you on an official visit to Rome..........

Just be aware I have to go as well....................

I want to see the guy in the pointe hat...........

You do that...........However, my sister-in-law and I already received the volunteer of the year award 2 years ago.......... So probably won't win. It really is a great school , too bad the other southside schools don't have the
    parent or kids involvement like MSM, or like they public schools did back in the 60 and 70's. There might not be as much grafitti all over the buildings.

Remember when it was Friday night football at Capitol Stadium..........even if Grant was playing SE

You do that...........However, my sister-in-law and I already received the volunteer of the year award 2 years ago.......... So probably won't win. It really is a great school , too bad the other southside schools don't have the
    parent or kids involvement like MSM, or like they public schools did back in the 60 and 70's. There might not be as much grafitti all over the buildings.

Remember when it was Friday night football at Capitol Stadium..........even if Grant was playing SE
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whoa......Capitol Hill and Grant not Capitol Hill and Southeast....remember????

Personally I goofed upon the sight and started reading the posts. I figured out that I knew Soonergirl and decided to throw in my two cents. After going to my first meeting and spending time with the southside group I now can say that this was the best wandering that I have ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
    Personally I goofed upon the sight and started reading the posts. I figured out that I knew Soonergirl and decided to throw in my two cents. After going to my first meeting and spending time with the southside group I now can say that this was the best wandering that I have ever made.
    What the heck does that mean???????

If you are going to be part of The Group you need to keep up......

Else you may endup like '64.................

Prunepicker Guest

Default Re: What Brung Ya?

I don't remember why I started visiting. It was most likely while looking for
    something specific about OKC. I've been here about 4 years or so.

Default Re: What Brung Ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    I don't remember why I started visiting. It was most likely while looking for
    something specific about OKC. I've been here about 4 years or so.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    you know, Prunepicker and Frisky are the ones that started me and then the Kid "General78" started...then we began to get to know each other through the meetings and this whole thing has actually created a new network of friends for me....

It's funny when I started seeing the post for MSM. Peter Cordova was a relative to my late wife. I think a cousins. Her maden name was Stone. Her aunt and uncle live off of Penn and SW 59th. But my wife was a northsider. Little Peter was the ring bearer and I can't remember, but I think Talita was the flower girl. This was back in Oct 1971. Over time and all the moving we lost the wedding pictures.

I came here because I think that OKC history is truly spectacular. There is a quote on the statue in Couch park downtown that sums it up. Something like "visitor, look around, for what is before you, took mens dreams, and built this city in less than 100 years" not the literal words but you get the idea. Standing there and reading the plaque will make you know why all of us appreciate Oklahoma and the best place, OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by TOWNHERO View Post
    It's funny when I started seeing the post for MSM. Peter Cordova was a relative to my late wife. I think a cousins. Her maden name was Stone. Her aunt and uncle live off of Penn and SW 59th. But my wife was a northsider. Little Peter was the ring bearer and I can't remember, but I think Talita was the flower girl. This was back in Oct 1971. Over time and all the moving we lost the wedding pictures.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey, you're onvited to the next meeting...June 19,2009 @ 1:30...Be there

Quote Originally Posted by TOWNHERO View Post
    My parents know the Cordova's well. My sister graduated with Talita.

SouthSide girl knows Talita well herself

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey, you're onvited to the next meeting...June 19,2009 @ 1:30...Be there
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SORRY:..................The General made a mistake....You're invited to the next meeting.......June 20th, 2009 @ 1:30:..............Be there....

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SORRY:..................The General made a mistake....You're invited to the next meeting.......June 20th, 2009 @ 1:30:..............Be there....
    Let's do both...............................

Quote Originally Posted by papaOU View Post
    My parents know the Cordova's well. My sister graduated with Talita.

SouthSide girl knows Talita well herself
    Then next your parents or your sister see them, ask them if they remember the Stones. My late wifes name was Melinda. I probably haven't seen them since my father-in-law passed in the early 90's. I can't remember if Talita (always loved that name) was in the wedding or not, but I know little Petter was.

Coit's is reserved saturday june 20th, 2009:....1:30

I won't be able to be there this month.

I won't be able to be there this month.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What???? you can't do that......O.K....going on Vacation????if so have a great time....

Nope vacation was last week. Retired Firefighters picnic at 12:00 then on to the MSM party bus for a trip to Okarche

Nope vacation was last week. Retired Firefighters picnic at 12:00 then on to the MSM party bus for a trip to Okarche
    Let's all meet at the MSM party bus instead of Coit's!! Okarche!!! Eischens!!!!! Chicken dinners for everyone and the Mount's picking-up the tab...................

But isn't Saturday a high holy-day?

In that case only those who practice the Catholic faith and graduated from CHHS are allowed to go...............

The former Yale movie theater is officially for sale.

be a good place for our meetings on saturdays....why don't you see if they will let us go inside????Everyone bring a pistol of rifle though....

Thread Information