Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowling Alley in Bricktown

Default Re: Bowling Alley in Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    I was shocked the place was still very empty when we left at about 8pm. May do much better later, but you'd think with their overhead they would need a small crowd all the time..
    That is shocking. I remember going there for a few months after they first opened and they were packed all the time, you had to make reservations sometimes a week or two in advance for a game on a friday or saturday night. Their business has probably slacked off quite a bit.

I have had some of the same problems as well. There was a time I went with a larger group and didnt get our lane til 25 minutes after our reservation, yet they basically kicked us out the second our reservation time was up. Also, I think their prices are in need of adjustment, especially for slower days/middle of the week. I remember them having an ad for a bowling league and it was $1,080 per team. Quite high for a bowling league if you ask me. They would be better off if they would use the practice of luring people in with cheaper bowling, then have them spend money on food and drinks once they are there.

I dont want to see this place fail, but I think they are in need of some changes because it doesnt seem they are doing spectacular business right now.

3. Default Re: Bowling Alley in Bricktown

I had a similar experience. Took a group of lawyers and their wives awhile back after having dinner at Red Prime.

We had a couple of lanes since we heard it was kind of tight.

The place was very cool and pretty full when we were there. The service though was terrible. The waitress acted like we were bothering her whenever we wanted another round or nachos from the kitchen.

Like has been mentioned, we were kicked out pretty quick and before our time was actually up.

I doubt I would go back. Personally, I like the atmosphere of an older, large bowling alley with $2 hot dogs and $4 games.

Their lanes are not CLOSE to regulation, so luring any serious league bowlers (or semi-serious) would be difficult, IMHO. In addition, I've never understood why there is a massive dinning area, when all they serve is basically appetizers.

I've had nothing but excellent experience going there, but all the times I've been where near the opening. Excellent service, excellent food, lanes aren't "tiny", they are intimate lounge feel as they are supposed to be that way. Shoes came out on trays, and we weren't kicked out when our time expired,even though the place was packed, they let us play as long as we wanted to. Hopefully these recent experiences are not the norm, I'm sure they were a little out of it for the Big 12 tournament, but that's not an excuse.

6. Default Re: Bowling Alley in Bricktown

We are going to give them another try. I see they offer $2.50 games Sunday - Wednesday and they gave us a certificate for a free hour.

I don't think Big 12 is a good excuse for them, as they were empty.

Thread Information