Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bradford House

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bradford House

Been wondering this as well. Seems like they ran out of funds and stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by AnguisHerba View Post
    Is this project dead? There's been no obvious movement on this property in the last six months. I go by nearly every day. The property looks more blighted with the trees gone.
    It's owned by the same group that just sold the Flamingo apartments, so now that they have sold that off I'm hopping they have some capital to invest here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's owned by the same group that just sold the Flamingo apartments, so now that they have sold that off I'm hopping they have some capital to invest here.
    Different partnership than Flamingo - sale of that had absolutely nothing to do with BH or capital issues. Last February we went through shake up on contractors and ended up hiring a new one and re-assessing some of the design. Spent the last 9 months re-working things and bringing back some design elements that hadn't made it into the first round that we wished had. Better project for it and we would prefer to get the project right before we build it. Partners are just as eager to get it going and look forward to site getting moving shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by sklit View Post
    Different partnership than Flamingo - sale of that had absolutely nothing to do with BH or capital issues. Last February we went through shake up on contractors and ended up hiring a new one and re-assessing some of the design. Spent the last 9 months re-working things and bringing back some design elements that hadn't made it into the first round that we wished had. Better project for it and we would prefer to get the project right before we build it. Partners are just as eager to get it going and look forward to site getting moving shortly.
    Good to know and thanks for the update.

Some of the key investors overlap with the Flamingo, which was is what I should have said.

Movement is happening again!

Great!! Glad to read this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooner.Arch View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner.Arch View Post
    Yes, I go by every day and today there was a whole crew out there.

Looks like they are starting on the outside. Apart from the demo of the old parking garage, most the work thus far had been just stripping out the interior, which seems to be done.

Just took these.

Moving fast.

The porches will be replaced with wood versions.

As much as having large 2nd floor patios would be, the building does look a bit lighter and better without them.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    As much as having large 2nd floor patios would be, the building does look a bit lighter and better without them.
    The porches will be reconstructed, but out of wood and they will look far less heavy than what was there previously.

Wouldn't be surprised if they needed the brick from the porches to cover various other parts of the reconstructions. This is an unbelievable labor of love because it's clear this would have been much easier to just tear down altogether and build something new.

Blog Entries

Pete, recommend you going back by here, construction is underway for the surrounding structure

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Pete, recommend you going back by here, construction is underway for the surrounding structure
    I'll get some drone shots soon.

I drive by it twice a day.

Wow I totally missed the part about the additional structure(s).

Looking forward to seeing what sort of cool bar/lounge they come up with here.

Very curious about the additional structures.

Blog Entries

I am very here for this, but am shocked there has been no outcry about the light parking

23. Default Re: Bradford House

They paved the area behind the neighboring duplex for additional parking so there's something like 36 spaces on site. It's a boutique hotel with, what? 28 rooms? It seems proportional.

For what it's worth, I think they're doing an incredible job with this development; every detail has been well considered and I'd bet they've been equally thoughtful about the parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Timtoomany View Post
    They paved the area behind the neighboring duplex for additional parking so there's something like 36 spaces on site. It's a boutique hotel with, what? 28 rooms? It seems proportional.

For what it's worth, I think they're doing an incredible job with this development; every detail has been well considered and I'd bet they've been equally thoughtful about the parking.
    Yeah, between this and the Flamingo apartments, big fan of the work that this group is doing.

Thread Information