Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Two tough losses. Timberwolves played great defense and we were cold, a good sign it was still competitive.

I think Mark needs to tweak some substitutions from 3Q-4Q regarding Chet/Shai. They are clearly our best players and should be staggered in close-score situations.
    It didn’t help that J dub looked a little rusty. He did a great job getting to the line but had a rough night from the field.

We got the short end of the straw for next week. Play at Houston and home vs Warriors. Next 14 games 12 I think are Playoffs teams well Clippers are currently not playoff but close. I think I said 6-10 would be ok in this 16 game stretch since we built up wins and were 11-4. That would still leave us 17-14 going into January which will keep us around the 6 seed. I think the realist goal for this team is the 6 seed. We have started 0-2 14 more to go. 6-8 be ok 7-7 better 8-7 good and 9-6 great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    We got the short end of the straw for next week. Play at Houston and home vs Warriors. Next 14 games 12 I think are Playoffs teams well Clippers are currently not playoff but close. I think I said 6-10 would be ok in this 16 game stretch since we built up wins and were 11-4. That would still leave us 17-14 going into January which will keep us around the 6 seed. I think the realist goal for this team is the 6 seed. We have started 0-2 14 more to go. 6-8 be ok 7-7 better 8-7 good and 9-6 great.
    Yep, we're 2-1 up on the Warriors this year.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Thursday, November 30, 2023
    Los Angeles Lakers @ Oklahoma City Thunder
    Paycom Center, OKC - 7:00 PM
    TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

***Correction to Post #248***

Blog Entries

Los Angeles Lakers 110 @ Oklahoma City Thunder 133

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401584899

Attendance: 17,401

Blog Entries

Saturday, December 2, 2023
    Oklahoma City Thunder @ Dallas Mavericks
    American Airlines Center, Dallas - 8:00 PM
    TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

But…but…but…the media/social media lynch mob came out with their pitchforks and said Giddey was a pedophile!!! Giddey groomed and pursued a minor!!! Screw actual evidence or his side of the story...he's just going to lie!! The jilted anonymous person who made the initial post on Twitter must be believed at all cost and Giddey should be thrown off the team and into jail until he can prove his innocence!!! We must protect this poor innocent child from the this fully grown NBA Predator! End Josh's career!!! He's a sicko!!!

Or maybe..like so many situations people experience in their college years…someone misrepresented their age, hung out in a place where only 21 year olds can go, looked the part, and those around the person assumed he/she was of age. Shame on Giddey for having a fun night in a club and not demanding to see the ID of every person he spoke to and having the audacity to not go further and examine the foreign (to him) ID thoroughly to determine if it was potentially fake. It's almost like the Thunder, who are usually pretty cautious with this type of stuff, knew what was going on and didn't want to unfairly punish one of their players.

That could all be a convenient story but the fact that there are videos of him dancing with this girl in a club and that she and her parents don’t want to cooperate with police seems to validate it. It also, according to the article, happened TWO YEARS AGO when Josh had just turned 19... HE shouldn't have even been there (but of course most of us did that at 18 or 19). If Josh hadn't been in the NBA he likely could've been in high school at the same time as this girl. So it turns out that everyone involved (including her parents) was aware of the situation, it was understood that she lied about her age and there was no creepy intent behind anything, and everyone thought it was settled until some anonymous asshole went on a smear campaign 2 weeks ago. But hey! who cares when instead of waiting for more details to come out we can just whip out our jump to conclusions mats and hop down a rabbit hole. Always slander the accused and break the story above all else! Guilty until proven innocent.

https://x.com/stevethunderfan/status...LXnAGwooMJWpaw

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Yeah if this is true (and it sure looks like it is) Giddey needs to be released ASAP
    Dumb overzealous hot take

Quote Originally Posted by thunderupokc View Post
    He has to be gone and there can be no question about it—just the reaction the team will get on the road if he is on the bench is enough.

If he stays the arena vote is in jeopardy also

This isn’t something you can rally behind as a “fake news” event or “us against the world”—the stink of this has to be evacuated from the organization right now and only then we can move forward cleanly and quickly. He did this to himself by being at best extremely stupid and careless.

If the team doesn’t do something Adam Silver will—maybe not to the Ja Morant level but definitely extreme counseling & time away from the team either way—so it’s best to cut ties now.

This cannot fester—the arena vote is less than 3 weeks away not to mention the locker room will completely fracture if this is not addressed now
    Absolutely stupid overractionary comment. Thank god you don't run the team.

If nothing else, Giddey needs to be put on whatever the restricted or administrative leave list is called while an investigation goes on. This is not dissimilar from what the Tampa Bay Rays are dealing with with Wander Franco.
    Yep...screw waiting for more info to come out...the dude should be suspended from doing his job because of some accusations an anonymous person made in a twitter post with seemingly malicious intent.

If a bettor has video and photographic proof of a player in various states of undress spending a lot of time with a high schooler, then absolutely they can make an accusation, and hopefully it would spur an investigation.

Some things, like child sexual abuse, are bigger than basketball.
    IT'S ABUSE BECUASE TWITTER SAID SO!!! Who cares what actually happened, when it happened, how old GIddey was at the time or what her parents thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    A large number of people need to learn that it’s okay to not have an instant opinion on everything the moment it enters your consciousness and that waiting for the facts to be known is actually good.
    this

This is incredible pedophilia apologia
    The fact that you even threw that word out there is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    Well TMZ is reporting it now, so it is not just the obscure media sites any longer.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/11/24/nba-l...ip-with-minor/
    One more example of TMZ being a trash publication.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    well done all around

Dumb overzealous hot take
    Yep...screw waiting for more info to come out...the dude should be suspended from doing his job because of what some accusations an anonymous person made in a on twitter post with seemingly malicious intent.
    IT'S ABUSE BECUASE TWITTER SAID SO!!! Who cares what actually happened, when it happened, how old GIddey was at the time or what her parents thought about it.
    I don’t think anything PoliSciGuy said is unreasonable. I personally think it’s a stretch to put Giddey on an administrative list when no victims have come forward or had been identified through official sources - meaning doxxing doesn’t count - and instead rely on unsubstantiated (but damning if true) rumors on social media to keep a player from playing, but gloating over everything being ambiguous to this point is just as much of a knee-jerk reaction, if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    I don’t think anything PoliSciGuy said is unreasonable. I personally think it’s a stretch to put Giddey on an administrative list when no victims have come forward or had been identified through official sources - meaning doxxing doesn’t count - and instead rely on unsubstantiated (but damning if true) rumors on social media to keep a player from playing, but gloating over everything being ambiguous to this point is just as much of a knee-jerk reaction, if not more.
    Definitely not a kneejerk reaction to call out the misguided folks claiming he should be kicked off the team based on anonymous twitter posts and then those same people claiming that everyone here was just fine with the situation because the "foul" was "committed" by a thunder player. Kneejerk would imply that I made snap judgements (kick him off the team! Do it now!) based on little to no information. I waited two weeks until more information became available to call out the people who basically claimed that those of us defending GIddey and saying "let's wait before passing judgement" were cool with pedophiles.

And the allegations/rumors weren’t “damning if true”…because they were true and they weren’t damning when placed in the context of the situation…which is what everyone defending Giddey said we should wait on. But doing that requires patience and a willingness to reserve judgement for more than 5 minutes which is a near impossibility for some people here and else where on the internet.

Yes his posts were unreasonable.

If there was nothing to this situation, the family would say so to kill the investigations.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    If there was nothing to this situation, the family would say so to kill the investigations.
    I swear some of you ate paint chips as kids. My god.

Read the damn article. Best way to kill the investigation in this case is to say nothing according to the attorneys that were interviewed. Especially when they thought the situation had gone away and want it to stay away.

its weird that it almost sounds like you’re disappointed that this turned out not to be his fault.

I swear some of you ate paint chips as kids. My god.

Read the damn article. Best way to kill the investigation in this case is to say nothing according to the attorneys that were interviewed. Especially when they thought the situation had gone away and want it to stay away.
    Wrong. You’re just incredibly biased. And probably also drunk.

Wrong. You’re just incredibly biased. And probably also drunk.
    LOL. Yes. Incredibly biased against ruining a young man’s life/career when he didn’t knowingly do anything wrong and was only in that position because he was misled by the “victim”. Guilty as charged. Wouldn’t matter if he played for the Thunder or worked for Paycom.

Again, it’s really strange how disappointed you seem over him not being at fault here. Even if you disagree with my unloading on a few people here…a reasonable person reading the article should come away thinking…”well good, at least one of our players didn’t knowingly hook up with a minor” unbelievable.

oh no…I just got off work and am stone cold sober. All bets are off after my Christmas party starts in a hour or so

Sounds good. But I think back to when I had teenage sons and the challenge of the things they got themselves into. Even with our smart, supportive and economically successful family, I cannot imagine the stress of having a daughter get into a challenging situation regarding possible sexual activity, putting it behind us, and then having it resurface a couple years later with the enhancement of TMZ reporting on it to the world; a professional athlete making life changing sums of money, and the possibility I might have criminal liability as a parent who did not control my minor child in California. Plus I might not have the $5000 minimum required to engage an attorney to represent myself to the authorities.

24. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

One more example of TMZ being a trash publication.
    I just said they reported it, just like ESPN and local news did after. My comment didn't have a bias on the outcome. Also TMZ does report stuff light years ahead of other outlets. One might say they are like OKCTalk in that regard, but I would question their practices of obtaining information unlike what we get from Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    I just said they reported it, just like ESPN and local news did after. My comment didn't have a bias on the outcome. Also TMZ does report stuff light years ahead of other outlets. One might say they are like OKCTalk in that regard, but I would question their practices of obtaining information unlike what we get from Pete.
    Sorry that wasn’t an attack on you (though I can understand why it might seem that way). I just hate TMZ.

Thread Information