Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Energy FC

Default Re: OKC Energy FC

So there are adult only sections? I got a buddy that would love this. He would go to all sorts of events if he could yell and curse at people, lol. I think it's how he handles his anger.

2. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    So there are adult only sections? I got a buddy that would love this. He would go to all sorts of events if he could yell and curse at people, lol. I think it's how he handles his anger.
    I don't know that they are adult only, but they discourage children from sitting there. This is all the website says: "OKC Energy FC encourages only the most spirited fans to sit in the Fan Zone at the north end of the stadium. The Supporters Clubs of OKC Energy FC are encouraged to make noise, sing chants, wave flags and generally have fun during the entire match. A word of warning. Sitting in the Fan Zone is not for the faint of heart. Fans sitting in the Fan Zone do risk hearing "colorful" language during the match."

There where signs though that recommended no children.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    I don't know that they are adult only, but they discourage children from sitting there. This is all the website says: "OKC Energy FC encourages only the most spirited fans to sit in the Fan Zone at the north end of the stadium. The Supporters Clubs of OKC Energy FC are encouraged to make noise, sing chants, wave flags and generally have fun during the entire match. A word of warning. Sitting in the Fan Zone is not for the faint of heart. Fans sitting in the Fan Zone do risk hearing "colorful" language during the match."

There where signs though that recommended no children.
    Shouldn't be tolerated in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by Garin View Post
    There is only so much policing they can do, it looks like they are just trying to contain it all to one area that has some idea what they are getting into ahead of time.

Lol. You have outrage for soccer fans using "colorful language," but you seem to show no outrage for Donald Sterling's hateful, racist language (and long history of racist actions) in another thread. Hmmmmm....

6. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

If you don't like the colorful language then don't sit in the fan zone, if you do sit there and get offended then don't complain about it, there were more than enough warnings to let you know what was gonna go on there.

Honestly there are people that are going to do it no matter what, at least by making a section for that kind of language allows people the choice.

what in a soccer match brings out the cussing in people anyway? i've never heard of any other sports that have sections where cussing seems to be encouraged.

9. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHornet View Post
    what in a soccer match brings out the cussing in people anyway? i've never heard of any other sports that have sections where cussing seems to be encouraged.
    Have you ever been to a football game or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    Have you ever been to a football game or nah?
    i've been to hundreds of major league events - nfl, mlb, nhl, nba... and yes, there's some cussing here and there, but not a "designated area" like this fan zone seems to be. never been to a soccer match, so i'm not sure if that brings out something different in people that the other sports do.

every single NFL game I've been too I'd never take a kid...and I'm part of the problem at those sadly. they are brutal

never been to a soccer match, so i'm not sure if that brings out something different in people that the other sports do.
    Yes, they are different.

Come from the international game. If you ever went to see a match in England you'd be shocked... Way, way worse than any American sporting event.

13. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

I think it has to do more with the Soccer culture more than anything. The crowd in soccer is very much a 12th man and trying to get under the other teams skin is always encouraged. You have to think about where the sport is most popular as well, cussing in Europe is not as big a deal as it is here in the states, just watch some youtube videos of soccer matches over there and you can hear kids yelling the same things as the adults.

From the Energy FC Facebook page:

15. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Hey, I see myself in that fan zone picture, lol. I couldn't imagine just sitting there for an entire 90 minutes, no wonder people in the US think soccer is boring, making the atmosphere is half the fun at soccer matches.

i've been to hundreds of major league events - nfl, mlb, nhl, nba... and yes, there's some cussing here and there, but not a "designated area" like this fan zone seems to be. never been to a soccer match, so i'm not sure if that brings out something different in people that the other sports do.
    May have something to do with the field formats too, I think some of it is people trying to get in the goalkeepers head (I have seen a higher frequency of that behind the basketball goal than the rest of the stadium too), not that it probably ever makes much of a difference except get the players numb to expletives.

Did people sing/chant at this match?

18. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

If Perkins heard some of the things ive yelled at him he would probably sit on me too

19. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Did people sing/chant at this match?
    The fanzone pretty much sang and chanted the whole match through, there was a little time where it was quiet but I think as more people learn the chants it will be a steady flow of chants and songs all through the match.

ok, makes more sense now about the rough language. having only watched some premier league on tv, you don't get the sense of what a crowd's like except for the singing and chanting.

So when does the rioting start? ( sarcasm )

22. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

So when does the rioting start? ( sarcasm )
    When we play Tulsa.

ok, makes more sense now about the rough language. having only watched some premier league on tv, you don't get the sense of what a crowd's like except for the singing and chanting.
    I've seen a bunch of matches in England, and at the first one I was really shocked to be able to understand what they are actually chanting and singing.

The majority is taunting of the other fans and team, and it isn't meant to be pleasant.

The first time I went to an Arsenal match, the away team scored a goal and their fans were celebrating and singing and from Arsenal's hard-core North Bank came the chant, "You're going to get your f-ing heads kicked in, you're going to get your f-ing heads kicked in..." And then, "You're going home in a North London ambulance..."

Even in this day and age, they hold the opposing fans in a controlled area of the stadium and wait until the home fans completely clear before they are released.

It's become a lot better but there is still a real air of violence and hostility at most matches.

I watched the Houston Dynamo game this weekend and they have a very organized band with more than just drums (brass horns and the like) and coordinated songs. It's fun to be at their games and hear that for 90 minutes.

25. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by elitespy View Post
    The fanzone pretty much sang and chanted the whole match through, there was a little time where it was quiet but I think as more people learn the chants it will be a steady flow of chants and songs all through the match.
    I wish there was a way that everyone who doesn't know them could see lyrics or something.

Thread Information