Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151661 ... LastLast

Thread: Criterion Concert Hall

1. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

Belle Isle usually has bands on the weekends

Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

I went to the Arts Festival twice last week and both times sat down and listened to live music on the main stage and both times was very impressed by the performances.

Last weekend, Norman had a music festival that seemed to be wildly successful.

There is certainly all types of live music out there and there are many more places coming on-line.

3. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

JJ's Alley has live music on the second floor when I go most of the time and Tapwerks also has a stage on its second floor as well, although I've never been there while it was utilized.

I really am not sure how JJ's does it.. but they have live music 7 days a week. thats a commitment to the live music scene in OKC.

5. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

Definitely. I also enjoy the intimacy of live music at JJ's. You are literally right in front of them in a sliver of a room.

my friends play JJ"s a lot. the only draw back is how smokey it is in there. if its a weekday I will come in and see them as they usually play downstairs during the week. On the weekend however its so gross upstairs with all the smoke i just can't take it.

I always liked the mix of both local and national acts that The Bricktown Brewery had in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    my friends play JJ"s a lot. the only draw back is how smokey it is in there. if its a weekday I will come in and see them as they usually play downstairs during the week. On the weekend however its so gross upstairs with all the smoke i just can't take it.
    Is there any real Okc talk about doing away with smoking in bars?

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    The state legislature passed a law stating that cities can't enact smoking laws more strict than the state, so until the state of Oklahoma decides to visit the matter, I don't think things will change.

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    Yes.

http://www.okctalk.com/general-civic...et-change.html

11. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    The state legislature passed a law stating that cities can't enact smoking laws more strict than the state, so until the state of Oklahoma decides to visit the matter, I don't think things will change.
    That was good, not bad. Legislation is going to be statewide.

They just tweeted that they've started to pour concrete on their construction site.

They also have a basic website now up:

CRITERIONCriterion Theatre OKC

I'll try and get some photos this weekend. This project is so under-the-radar it's like the entertainment version of The Metropolitan.

Yeah buddy!

As a huge music lover and someone who has been spoiled by arguably the best live music scene in the world, this is as big as news as anything else that has happened in OKC in recent years.

I still think Live Nation will be involved at the Tower and maybe even the venue at Chisholm Creek, so the OKC music scene could go from about a 1.5 to an 8 or 9 pretty darn fast.

Anybody else get blocked by Steve on Twitter for saying they heard this on OKCTalk first?

18. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

You troll someone on Twitter and you're surprised when they block you? What did you hope to accomplish by tweeting that at him anyway?

19. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

I noticed that other people mentioned the same thing to him. I counted 3. Seems like a pretty unnecessary thing to say. Just adding fuel to the fire.

OKCtalk was first, as many times. No need to rub it in.

Live music is my favorite hobby, super excited for OKC to start getting some good exposure to it.

I imagine people were poking at Steve about it because of his tweet regarding the story:

MAJOR BREAKING NEWS - ONLY @NEWSOK HAS STORY: Live Nation partnership to spotlight entertainment at Bricktown venue
    Which is kinda sorta not true.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I imagine people were poking at Steve about it because of his tweet regarding the story:

Which is kinda sorta not true.
    Wow. I rescind my last comment, no wonder so many called him out. Much deserved.

Awesome!

24. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

He has been doing more tweets like that lately, but who cares. That is his job. To get people to read the articles he writes. We know people will read here regardless, so it shouldn't really matter.

Blog Entries

Why is it that instead of celebrating all the choices for news and information and understanding their different rolls we get caught up in the petty bickering? This Steve/Oklahoman vs OKC talk nagging is just childish. We heard it here and it is confirmed through Steve. Great.

Thread Information