Widgets Magazine
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rise

Default Re: The Rise

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Holy crap!?!? I've capture a shot of actual work occurring at the rise! I feel like I just found Bigfoot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Those guys look they are working very hard. LOL

2. Default Re: The Rise

Looks like they made some changes to the southeast corner so that it will match the existing facade. Also, it's a cement-board stucco so maybe it will look a bit better than standard eifs.

http://www.okc.gov/AgendaPub/view.as...fileid=2330567

Quote Originally Posted by wsucougz View Post
    Looks like they made some changes to the southeast corner so that it will match the existing facade. Also, it's a cement-board stucco so maybe it will look a bit better than standard eifs.
    Thanks for that.

Here are the changes:

Not sure what this is supposed to mean...

FlashBack RetroPub ‏@FlashBackRtroPb 18m
    We were hoping it wouldn't come to this, but LandRun Commercial Real Estate is forcing our hand go to the mattresses.

Blog Entries

Well crud

Other than the Pump Bar and Pizzeria Gusto (which are in out-buildings) I don't think any real work has been done on the interior for the various tenants.

We are almost in August... Hard to imagine anyone being open before the holidays.

Something has gone seriously wrong here.

HangryHippo Guest

Haven't we been hearing that work was still progressing and things were just moving slowly? It's been pretty clear for awhile now that something was amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Other than the Pump Bar and Pizzeria Gusto (which are in out-buildings) I don't think any real work has been done on the interior for the various tenants.

We are almost in August... Hard to imagine anyone being open before the holidays.

Something has gone seriously wrong here.
    I've heard Fedora may be looking elsewhere as well.

Wasn't it supposed to be open for Summer of 2014? At this rate, I would be surpised if it was open Summer of 2015...

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Wasn't it supposed to be open for Summer of 2014? At this rate, I would be surpised if it was open Summer of 2015...
    Or ever, if tenants bail. There's plenty of storefronts on Broadway or in Midtown if the builder can't get their act together.

I work late and often drive by. And actually saw people working there at 3 am.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I've heard Fedora may be looking elsewhere as well.
    I think that concept would be great for the Paseo Plunge space. Which needs a tenant.

Blog Entries

I won't be sad if the Rise still happens, AND the retropub ends up on AA instead... win win

14. Default Re: The Rise

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    It was originally targeted for the Fall of 2013 if I remember correctly...

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Not sure what this is supposed to mean...

FlashBack RetroPub ‏@FlashBackRtroPb 18m
    We were hoping it wouldn't come to this, but LandRun Commercial Real Estate is forcing our hand go to the mattresses.
    So, some of us aren't paranoid after all.

All I've been reading in mainstream media is "these kinds of projects take time." Well, sure. But it's disappointing to see announced tenants bail, not that I was all revved up about the '80s retro concept.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    So, some of us aren't paranoid after all.

All I've been reading in mainstream media is "these kinds of projects take time." Well, sure. But it's disappointing to see announced tenants bail, not that I was all revved up about the '80s retro concept.
    Yeah, I have had my doubts about this from early on...just like aLoft. There is a normal pace of construction and development with delays/issues built in for all projects, big or small, but this has seemed like amateurs were in charge from day 1. In addition, I am not sure why Flashback or any of other tenants would prefer to be on the backside of this development anyways. Seems like you are setting yourself up for failure. With these massive delays and other attractive options available with much more visibility, not sure why any of those tenants would put up with this.

FlashBack posted this photo and compared it to one taken in January, noting very little has been done in over six months:

For what it's worth, there were workers there all day yesterday and into the night.

Maybe the developers have figured out if they don't s--- or get off the pot this whole thing will sink like the Titanic when their confirmed tenants start abandoning them.

I wonder if land run used a contractor that got in over his head and had to fire them and go with someone else. It seems the last month has had a lot more going on.

From warreng88. We're almost in August and they still have a very long way to go:

Cement truck was there this morning. Looked like they were pouring slab.

Apparently the skilled construction team at The Rise busted a water line today. At least that means they were working...but come on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phialpha View Post
    apparently the skilled construction team at the rise busted a water line today. At least that means they were working...but come on!!!
    lol.

omg free water for everyone! It's a gift to the neighborhood for the delays, bring your boots and buckets!

Thread Information