Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy light sentence for Norman man who molested autistic boy

1. Default Crazy light sentence for Norman man who molested autistic boy

I find it so crazy that cases and sentences like this exist, especially in a state that will throw a woman in prison for years without a second thought for simple drug crimes.

Earlier this month Teddy Dean Davis, 27, pled guilty in Cleveland County to sexually molesting a 6-year old autistic boy.

As horrific as that fact alone is, how the molestation came-to-be is even more head-shaking..... Apparently the autistic boy's father, Jonathan Mark Smith, 38, placed an ad on Craigslist for oral sex. When Davis responded online and then in person to Smith's Moore home, Smith allowed Davis to molest his own son while he watch and masturbated.

While Smith's final day in court may be many months away, Davis pled guilty and was sentenced on April 4th.

Even though Smith has a lengthy DOC record, and his crime was horrendous, he was only sentenced to 2 years in prison.

2. Default Re: Crazy light sentence for Norman man who molested autistic boy

That's terrible. : (

Default Re: Crazy light sentence for Norman man who molested autistic boy

There was more involved than a two year prison sentence, but yes, there is two to do on the front end, less credit for time served. He was also given 8 years suspended, with DOC supervision for the full term of the sentence. Page two of the Information was dismissed by the State.

Don't know the case details, so the following is merely speculation. As the case involves pervs Davis & Smith (father of the 6 year old) and an autistic 6 year old victim, it is possible Davis has a significant role to fulfill in the upcoming proceedings against Smith. At least that's what the sentence and dismissal of the second page suggests to me.

4. Default Re: Crazy light sentence for Norman man who molested autistic boy

Anything besides prison is pretty much immaterial to me when it comes to this sort of criminal and his debt to society and the public's safety.

Light sentences for people who are likely to repeat their crimes. Long sentences for stupid people who do one really publicly deplorable crime, with small chance of a repeat. American justice.

Got to save room in the prisons for those folks who smoke a joint.

7. Default Re: Crazy light sentence for Norman man who molested autistic boy

Updating this story - as the injustice simply breaks my heart. The rapist was released from prison this week - after only 75-weeks.

Cleveland County; Craigslist child molester serves only 75-weeks in prison for abusing autistic 6yr old » JohnTV

About like the case down here when the teen that killed 4 people in a DUI got probation.

I could not find this guy on the Sex Offender Registry. How long is it going to take the State to add him?

11. Default Re: Crazy light sentence for Norman man who molested autistic boy

I can't even find that the victim's father is even in DOC custody.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    I can't even find that the victim's father is even in DOC custody.
    Odd. Former clients who are streeted and serving suspended sentences, or even those on deferred status but supervised by DOC, show up. Even death row inmates who have been executed will show up in the lookup system (albeit listed as inactive.) Not sure why someone who is supposed to be actively confined would not show.

Quote Originally Posted by kelroy55 View Post
    About like the case down here when the teen that killed 4 people in a DUI got probation.
    Unfortunately $$$$ talks and his folks were loaded from what I read.

Child molesters are the lowest form and do't deserve a second opportunity at freedom or life in general IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kelroy55 View Post
    kelroy55...do you have a link?

17. Default Re: Crazy light sentence for Norman man who molested autistic boy

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Odd. Former clients who are streeted and serving suspended sentences, or even those on deferred status but supervised by DOC, show up. Even death row inmates who have been executed will show up in the lookup system (albeit listed as inactive.) Not sure why someone who is supposed to be actively confined would not show.
    I know its weird. I may have to make some calls on Monday and see if I can located the dad in DOC.

kelroy55...Thanks. That was sad, on soooooooooooooooooo many levels!

Quote Originally Posted by Garin View Post
    Child molesters are the lowest form and do't deserve a second opportunity at freedom or life in general IMO.
    Agreed.

In my opinion, Oklahomans feel that pot peddlers are even a lower form of life, since that woman who sold pot has to spend somewhat longer time in prison, in large part because it's believed it's even worse to sell pot in front of your children over being involved in molesting any.

Prunepicker Guest

read the next post.

Prunepicker Guest

Child molesters are the lowest form and do't deserve a second opportunity at
    freedom or life in general IMO.
    I believe he should be given a 1 month sentence in a federal prison with no
    protection from the prison population. The prison population should also
    be informed of his crime.

That should do it.

23. Default Re: Crazy light sentence for Norman man who molested autistic boy

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    In my opinion, Oklahomans feel that pot peddlers are even a lower form of life, since that woman who sold pot has to spend somewhat longer time in prison, in large part because it's believed it's even worse to sell pot in front of your children over being involved in molesting any.
    There's also the life sentence Oklahoma County Judge Ray Elliot gave to the perpetual shoplifter - LIFE. (it was later amended, but still she is serving way too much time)

The teenager who killed four people in a drunk-driving incident escaped jail for a second time and was sent to a rehabilitation center. His defense used the ‘affluenza’ strategy, insisting his privileged upbringing made the teen reckless.

‘Affluenza’, commonly viewed as selfish, immature behavior caused by a consumerist upbringing, is not recognized by the American Psychiatric Association as an official illness or diagnosis. The term – a portmanteau of ‘affluence’ and’ influenza’ – was coined in the 1970s and once again garnered attention in the mid-noughties, with psychologist Oliver James releasing a book on the subject.

At the first hearings held in December, sixteen-year-old Ethan Couch’s defense called in a psychologist as a witness. The psychologist testified that Couch’s parents used him as a weapon against each other and that the teen’s emotional age was close to 12.

“He never learned that sometimes you don’t get your way,” psychologist Gary Miller claimed at that stage. “He had the cars and he had the money. He had freedoms that no young man would be able to handle.”
    WTF?!?!? Sounds like a defense of Uday and Qusay Hussein... I hope we, as a society, don't accept this BS.

ThomPaine, surely you are only feigning surprise.

Society has widely accepted similar rationales over time. GLB (good looking boy/babe) has excused more behavior than most will ever care to even contemplate, let alone admit. Quite a bit of it, if accomplished by someone who is not GLB, ends in more serious charges and punishment.

Race and socio economics do factor in as well ... quite a bit. However, even within any particular race, a GLB will often fare better than one who is not.

Throw an M on the front for any race (M being for Money of course) and the effect is typically magnified.

This is not a product of the 80's, 90's, or this century. It's pretty much as old as mankind first establishing societal pecking orders.
    Last edited by kevinpate; 02-09-2014 at 07:47 AM. Reason: wrong word from sleepy fingers

Thread Information