Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best Burgers in OKC

Default Re: Best Burgers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    New State when it opened felt like a poor impersonation of Au Cheval. You are saying it is worth another shot?
    in my last few visits i find that it is a good impersonation of Au Cheval ... so i would give it anther shot ....

New State when it opened felt like a poor impersonation of Au Cheval. You are saying it is worth another shot?
    Agree here. It's a good burger I'll admit I just find myself picking other burgers fairly often.

For sure New State has one of the best normal burgers in the city. I say normal as in non-specialty, not lots of toppings type of burger.

Shenanigans abound in food reviews. Even Bar Arbolada's burger hype came from someone locally who had a connection with Alton Brown, or at least thats what I was told.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    For sure New State has one of the best normal burgers in the city. I say normal as in non-specialty, not lots of toppings type of burger.

Shenanigans abound in food reviews. Even Bar Arbolada's burger hype came from someone locally who had a connection with Alton Brown, or at least thats what I was told.
    I mean, but the hype was totally worth it when I went. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was given the hype, but well deserved.

Still doesn't beat the BLC at Spark nor an on point Tucker's burger.

I've been to New State twice and I just don't know what to order. Texas Toast is a non-starter which eliminates 40% of their beef-burger options. I don't understand that place for $10+ a burger...at all

5. Default Re: Best Burgers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I mean, but the hype was totally worth it when I went. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was given the hype, but well deserved.

Still doesn't beat the BLC at Spark nor an on point Tucker's burger.

I've been to New State twice and I just don't know what to order. Texas Toast is a non-starter which eliminates 40% of their beef-burger options. I don't understand that place for $10+ a burger...at all
    "The Cheeseburger" is definitely their staple burger so I would start there. While it's not to the level of Au Cheval, it is one of our favorite burgers in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I I don't understand that place for $10+ a burger...at all
    at this point i would rather spend 10+ there then the almost 20 that original NIc's now charges for a burger and fries

7. Default Re: Best Burgers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    at this point i would rather spend 10+ there then the almost 20 that original NIc's now charges for a burger and fries
    Also, the regular burger at New State is a double for $10.49, which is in line with what Tucker's ($11.25) and Spark ($10.50) charge for their double burgers.

The Cow Calf-Hay downtown does a mean burger if you haven't tried it yet

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    the only reason I know about it is because I've stayed at the motel next to the little dive bar that is next to the store and they have breakfast etc and would let me order a cheeseburger for breakfast but like i said it has been years since I've been.

Just talked to my aunt that lives in at the lake and she said it was called the crows roost store which is no longer there

I remember a place that burned down maybe that was it
    There is a food truck that is sometimes in Ft. Coob that is top notch.

10. Default Re: Best Burgers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Agreed. I have enjoyed their burgers for a while now. Especially when I worked downtown!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I was so sad when they closed their Edmond location. You are right, it is a good burger.

Definitely worth another shot.

Nic's
    Patty wagon
    Sids/Roberts
    S&B Burgers
    Tuckers

Top 5 but I don't get out much

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Nic's
    Patty wagon
    Sids/Roberts
    S&B Burgers
    Tuckers

Top 5 but I don't get out much
    All are great, but Patty wagon is our favorite.

I had a pretty good burger at The Mule in Edmond Tuesday night. The tots were on point, too.

16. Default Re: Best Burgers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by poe View Post
    I had a pretty good burger at The Mule in Edmond Tuesday night. The tots were on point, too.
    This reminds me of all the places with great burgers, but I didn't consider them burger joints. The Mule is one of those places. The Drake does a delicious happy hour burger, and GHST has a simple but great-tasting burger.

The Garage is one place that I consider a decent burger joint, but I haven't seen it on here all that much. It has multiple locations that have done well, but it doesn't seem to get the love from burger fans.

17. Default Re: Best Burgers in OKC

One of the best burgers at a largely non-burger place is at Earl's Rib Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    This reminds me of all the places with great burgers, but I didn't consider them burger joints. The Mule is one of those places. The Drake does a delicious happy hour burger, and GHST has a simple but great-tasting burger.

The Garage is one place that I consider a decent burger joint, but I haven't seen it on here all that much. It has multiple locations that have done well, but it doesn't seem to get the love from burger fans.
    Because The Garage has so many locations and its a Hal Smith joint it gets looked down a little bit. I think they have a fine burger for what it is, but probably wouldn't think of it when trying to consider the "best burgers".

But really, though, I think we have so many good burgers around its hard to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Its so simple (in a good way) and so thick and so juicy. Been years since I've had it, though. I mainly frequented the Bricktown location.

Had my first one at the Edmond location (Broadway), and it was great. Tried it again a year or so later at the Western location, and it was just a sad burger, nowhere close to the Edmond one.

21. Default Re: Best Burgers in OKC

I don't believe I have had this burger. I need to try it. Thanks!

Absolutely agree. Was so surprised by it when I tried one.

I have heard that for years about Earl's! Which location is your preferred? Mine used to be Western, but I haven't been to any Earl's in years. Before I worked from home, Earl's was always a widely agreeable spot, so we went there once a month or so. However, I never thought the Memorial location was quite as good. I figure if I try the burger I should give it the best chance of success!

24. Default Re: Best Burgers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I have heard that for years about Earl's! Which location is your preferred? Mine used to be Western, but I haven't been to any Earl's in years. Before I worked from home, Earl's was always a widely agreeable spot, so we went there once a month or so.
    I worked there a long time ago, but these were the patties they used then: https://tntburgers.com/your-perfect-patty/

25. Default Re: Best Burgers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I have heard that for years about Earl's! Which location is your preferred? Mine used to be Western, but I haven't been to any Earl's in years. Before I worked from home, Earl's was always a widely agreeable spot, so we went there once a month or so. However, I never thought the Memorial location was quite as good. I figure if I try the burger I should give it the best chance of success!
    I was a regular at the Bricktown location since I office in the district, plus I regularly met my dad for lunch at the north Western location. Alas, the Bricktown spot is now closed, and my dear Dad passed away in 2019, so I've not visited Earl's nearly so much lately. Nowadays Edge Craft and George's Happy Hog get most of my BBQ business.

Not sure I ever had the burger on Western, though. It was a good monotony breaker at the Bricktown location, besides the fact that there is no dedicated burger restaurant here (OKC burger operators are leaving an incredible amount of money simply laying on the ground...the district is ALWAYS busy these days and Bricktown is the most blue collar of districts).

Thread Information