Widgets Magazine
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18636465666768
Results 1,676 to 1,699 of 1699

Thread: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Yay looks like they’ve started on RH!!

2. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    Now if someone could just consistently landscape the median along NW EXWY from Penn to Piedmont, then we’d be on fire along that corridor.
    ^100%

Arhaus is massive! Didn't realize the scale, until I saw all of the staircases on it.

Looking forward to shopping (for real) at Arhaus.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Arhaus is massive! Didn't realize the scale, until I saw all of the staircases on it.
    I drive by it everyday so I’ve gotten accustomed to the size of it, but when I do take the time to really observe it when at a red light, it does look like it’s going to dominate that side. Then I remember RH will just help make that small area look all the more massive.

6. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

OKC Velocity Article from Yesterday.

"In addition to established brands like Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, Tommy Bahama, and Capital Grill, Nordstrom Rack, Anthropologie, Sephora, and Lululemon, new-to-market tenants such as Arhaus and Mesero are also joining the development. While some stores will debut this year, others, like Restoration Hardware, are set to open in mid-2025, further enriching the area's long-term appeal."

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    OKC Velocity Article from Yesterday.

"In addition to established brands like Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, Tommy Bahama, and Capital Grill, Nordstrom Rack, Anthropologie, Sephora, and Lululemon, new-to-market tenants such as Arhaus and Mesero are also joining the development. While some stores will debut this year, others, like Restoration Hardware, are set to open in mid-2025, further enriching the area's long-term appeal."
    This seems to be an area-encompassing piece (or typo). I believe neither Lulu nor is Nordstrom Rack is moving.

Unless something changed recently.

8. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    This seems to be an area-encompassing piece (or typo). I believe neither Lulu nor is Nordstrom Rack is moving.

Unless something changed recently.
    It confused me as well. I'm not sure if they made a mistake. Maybe Pete will have some insight on this.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    It confused me as well. I'm not sure if they made a mistake. Maybe Pete will have some insight on this.
    I've never seen Nordstrom Rack, Sephora, Lululemon or Anthropologie on any proposed plans for OAK. Rack seems way too large and big-boxy to be a good fit.

I suspect the writer was trying to make a point of more new-to-market big names coming to OKC in general and included those names as previous examples.

We should start to see more and more announcements, as there will be more tenants that want to be open this fall (which isn't that far away).

10. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I've never seen Nordstrom Rack, Sephora, Lululemon or Anthropologie on any proposed plans for OAK. Rack seems way too large and big-boxy to be a good fit.

I suspect the writer was trying to make a point of more new-to-market big names coming to OKC in general and included those names as previous examples.

We should start to see more and more announcements, as there will be more tenants that want to be open this fall (which isn't that far away).
    Thank you, Pete!

Just heard from the firm that handles PR for OAK and they asked me to post this correction (note that it excludes all the retailers that had been questioned):

OAK will feature a diverse array of retail and dining experiences. In addition to established brands like Capital Grille, Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma, new-to-market tenants such as RH, Tommy Bahama Marlin Bar, Arhaus and Mesero are also joining the development. While some stores will debut this year, others, like RH (formerly known as Restoration Hardware), are set to open in mid-2025, further enriching the area's long-term appeal.

12. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just heard from the firm that handles PR for OAK and they asked me to post this correction (note that it excludes all the retailers that had been questioned):
    This makes way more sense. We appreciate you following up with them!

Oak is looking for local tenants and, on their Facebook page are asking people to reach out to their favorite local businesses to contact them about opening in the OAK.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1388588731853067

It's hard to believe the first businesses will be open in September, which is only four months away.

I've always been a big believer in this development and specifically chose to buy and remodel a home nearby. This has been so long in the making it's hard to get my head around parts of it actually opening.

A house around the corner from me just sold for over $225/SF, a new high for the neighborhood. It was nicely renovated but nothing incredible. There are tons of homes in the area that are ripe for big redos and maybe even some tear-downs, especially since Belle Isle to the north is considerably more expensive.

They are starting to install the sculptures:

Found out today that Vincint is building out about 12,000 sf of the R2 floor of 50 Penn Place. They also signed a four year lease. Not sure what that means for OAK, but this is across the street so it wouldn't surprise me if with the move on the Red Carpet if 50 Penn is next.

Vincint, the singer?

Is Sephora moving from Penn Square?

No. There was a correction in the previous statement. There is one cosmetic boutique opening up in the Oak.

Quote Originally Posted by macchiato View Post
    Vincint, the singer?
    One of the OAK construction contractors.

Quote Originally Posted by jompster View Post
    One of the OAK construction contractors.
    ::face palm:: Yeah, not sure how that N got in there...

Also, took a tour with ULI of the property yesterday and Ryan McNeil and it was great to hear the whole story of how the idea started and what it has turned into.

Is that going to be a billboard in that last photo?

It looks like one of the big trees died.

Thread Information