Widgets Magazine
Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 651525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1510

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Rebounding doesn't have to do with getting another big. A physical big is what we need Dort is good but still has a hard time guarding the other Bigs in the nba. I'm not talking tall big. I'm talking Lebron, Luka, Towns, Jokic. We need a big like that can be physical, can guard those guys, can get a rebound from time to time.

And if you want to talk rebounding we had 6 offensive rebounds. I think we had 1 going into the 4th Qtr. THAT'S NOT GETTING IT DONE IN THE PLAYOFFS. They had 15 offensive rebound. Had 91 shots we had 81 shots.

A Zion Williamson, Jaren Jackson, Jr, Pascal Siakam, Julius Randle, Draymond Green. That type of Big a Bruiser. That's the piece we are missing when I say another big.

Honestly, we have all the pieces right now I think. We lack experience and it’s showing. This team has not been playing how they have played all season over the past 2 games. I think they got punched in the mouth the other day and they’re reeling. They’re facing serious adversity, and the players have regressed back to how you would expect a lot of young players to play in this series. They’re not moving the ball. They’re timid…almost scared at times. This has resulted in a lack of aggressiveness and decisiveness with the ball. This is in part because of the Dallas defensive intensity and inexperience. At this point, I think we can beat Dallas. We’ve been right there. They’re just going to have to decide to play as a team again and play Thunder ball. If they don’t win the next game, that’s the series imo. Frankly, I sort of think the series is already set, but we’ll see how they rebound.

The Non-Chet minutes still are pretty poor.

100 DRTG w/ Chet on today

119 DRTG w/ Chet off today

I'm fine keeping everyone. If your doing that than move up in this Draft and get the Big from Connecticut. When Chet goes out they take the ball right to the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I agree. It's not. This team can do fine if everyone performs. In game 2 they didn't perform quite a bit. Today they did better but just got out hustled and out positioned. There were at least a handful of times they had a wide open guy in the corner for an easy three.
    I think it comes down to making your shots and not letting a guy that averages 11 points per game score almost 30 on you.

I think it's the inexperience more than anything these last two games, we are making a lot of mistakes on offense and they aren't not to mention just not hitting the shots. We're a bit streaky. Chet playing great on D but terrible on offense. He either needs quite a bit of space to shoot/operate or needs to pass immediately. I still think we can win this series but they have pretty much controlled the last 8 quarters now and game 4 is a must win now. Need a consistent #2 behind Shai, couldn't ask for anything more from him.

Blog Entries

^ ^ ^
    Good observation, OKCRealtor

We keep hearing about the Thunder being among the youngest teams in the NBA; at times the inexperience of this young team shows. Our Thunder will improve with time, reps and experience.

We do need to win this next one (Game 4) in Dallas to loosen the pressure gauge.

Game 52-38 Dallas in Paint Points. 16-9 on Second chance points. Have to get Chet some help. You can get away with things in the regular season that you can't get away with in playoffs. Yes Inexperience is playing a huge part right now. Irving/Luka has much more experience however we still need more size. After the game Wibon on ABC said the Thunder trade to address the issue of size at the trade deadline but didn't get it done. I wonder who we were going after.

One can analyze every which way why the Thunder lost the last two games. But really PJ Washington has been the x factor. He only averaged 12.9 points all season. So him scoring 29 and 27 in games 2 and 3 is not common for him. Cut those points in half, which most came on open 3 attempts in the corner, Thunder would be up 3-0 right now.

Moreover, SGA is doing all he can. But if Chet can give us 20 and 10, and JDubb give us 25+ we win.

12th Pick in this years Draft. KYLE FILIPOWSKI from Duke is at the top of my list. Get him trade Giddy for a Power forward and LET'S GO

Cody Williams would be cool just because he’s Jalen’s younger brother but doesn’t really fix a need lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Cody Williams would be cool just because he’s Jalen’s younger brother but doesn’t really fix a need lol.
    Espn has us taking him. I have seen a few other mock drafts that have us taking a guard. WHY DO WE NEED ANOTHER GUARD. Do these "experts" watch any of these games.
    https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2024/5/...-after-lottery

At least they have us taking the Big from Duke. Like I said a great backup for Chet. 15-20 min Chet is off the floor. Maybe you could start him if he is better than expected. Trade Giddy for a strong Power Forward and we are set ready to go.

12. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    One can analyze every which way why the Thunder lost the last two games. But really PJ Washington has been the x factor. He only averaged 12.9 points all season. So him scoring 29 and 27 in games 2 and 3 is not common for him. Cut those points in half, which most came on open 3 attempts in the corner, Thunder would be up 3-0 right now.

Moreover, SGA is doing all he can. But if Chet can give us 20 and 10, and JDubb give us 25+ we win.
    This! Block the passing lanes to Washington or stay in his face when he's in the corner and the Thunder would be playing for the sweep tomorrow night.

This! Block the passing lanes to Washington or stay in his face when he's in the corner and the Thunder would be playing for the sweep tomorrow night.
    Golly. Which of you guys wants to volunteer to call Sam Presti and tell him to get rid of the reigning NBA Coach of the Year, so's you can show them all how it's done?

14. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Golly. Which of you guys wants to volunteer to call Sam Presti and tell him to get rid of the reigning NBA Coach of the Year, so's you can show them all how it's done?
    You do realize that if not for expressing opinions there would be no need or use for forums?

You do realize that if not for expressing opinions there would be no need or use for forums?
    Oh, yes sir. I totally agree. I’m just a strong believer in dancing with the one that brung me. And I think when I get caught up in hot takes I wind up sounding like Stephen A.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Thunder will have the 12th pick (via Houston) in the upcoming 2024 draft.

What do we need? Can he be found in the upcoming draft or can some free-agents be lured to OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Thunder will have the 12th pick (via Houston) in the upcoming 2024 draft.

What do we need? Can he be found in the upcoming draft or can some free-agents be lured to OKC.
    I have said my peace. FILIPOWSKI from Duke as a back up for Chet. Trade Giddy and a future pick for a beefy/husky big that can help Dort so he doesn't always have to guard those type players

The free agent list this year isn't all that great. I guess Nic Claxton could be good and than trade this year pick/Giddy for another piece. We have options but we need a Chet back up and a beefy guy that can rebound and get physical.

18. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

We will draft Cody Williams so we can be one closer to an all Williams lineup.

Blog Entries

Colorado's Cody Williams aims to be top NBA Draft pick, follow brother Jalen Williams, a lottery pick in 2022: https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-pick-in-2022/

Cody Williams: Age: 19 - Height: 6'8 - Weight: 185

Thunder Draft Report: Colorado’s Cody Williams: https://www.si.com/nba/thunder/draft...couting-report

20. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Knecht might be another one to look at, although i’m afraid that he will be off the board before #12.

CDub reminds me a bit of Dieng, and I don’t think we have the roster space and/or time to make him work. Need to be thinking about win now guys at this point in the cycle, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    Knecht might be another one to look at, although i’m afraid that he will be off the board before #12.

CDub reminds me a bit of Dieng, and I don’t think we have the roster space and/or time to make him work. Need to be thinking about win now guys at this point in the cycle, imo.
    Yeah just not sure there's anyone like that in this draft at 12 unless we trade way up and I don't know if that would be worth the assets it would take. Of course people have said the same about other drafts that were thought to be weak/shallow and have been way off so who knows. Definitely glad Presti is the one making this pick. Could see us trading down a bit and picking u Filipowski, trading up for someone or packaging it with a player and other draft capital in a trade for someone farther a long that fills a need. The great part is that we have a ton of options with very few limitations or the need to rush/force anything. Pretty enviable position to be in.

Haven't watched much film on CW. Does he look as raw as Dieng was? Based on what I've read he seems way farther along then that but there's a reason I'm not on a basketball staff.

Wow that was one hell of a win tonight! We played like absolute crap for so much of that game but we found a way to keep sticking around somehow and stole that one back. Still need MUCH better play from guys like Chet, JW, and Giddey but I’m thrilled that we were able to pull that one out.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder 100 @ Dallas Mavericks 96

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401658191

Attendance: 20,607

Blog Entries

Wednesday, May 15, 2024
    Dallas Mavericks @ Oklahoma City Thunder
    Paycom Center, OKC - 8:30 PM
    TV - TNT RADIO - WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)
    Series tied 2 - 2

SGA just willed this team back into it. Cason Wallace also with the fantastic minutes down the stretch. Now if we can just have someone...anyone to start performing even close to where they were during the season then OKC can wrap this up.

Thread Information