Widgets Magazine
Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 34849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1510

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Look I want to keep this team for 9 years but no way it's going to happen money wise. Amazing how everyone is now in love with Giddy all of a sudden. Yes he is playing well and i think he is a great player but he needs to have the ball in his hands and with Jdub and SGA it don't always work. There been some games he hasn't been playable at the end of games. I would still take Nurkic or Durant not both over him for the next few years. Oh and I'm not giving up the farm for either player. Giddy maybe Kendrick Williams and a couple first round picks. I'm sure the Suns want a lot more for KD Nurkic we might be able to get with just Picks and that I would do. We need another big

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    PG didn't demand a trade. He resigned with OKC (big party at Jones Assembly). This was huge because it enabled Presti to make the SGA trade + a gazillion draft picks and swaps with the Clippers. If it weren't for PG resigning we wouldn't be anywhere close to where we are now.
    Help me. Please….

Paul George decided he wanted to leave OKC and go to the Clippers. Isn’t that correct?

3. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Help me. Please….

Paul George decided he wanted to leave OKC and go to the Clippers. Isn’t that correct?
    Nope, PG resigned with the Thunder after his first year with us. The next summer Kawhi Leonard was a free agent and wanted to go to the LA market. The 2 teams were in a bidding war. Kawhi said he wanted to play with PG. The Clippers knew they wouldn't have gotten Kawhi w/o PG so they had no choice but to overpay OKC for PG.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Look I want to keep this team for 9 years but no way it's going to happen money wise. Amazing how everyone is now in love with Giddy all of a sudden. Yes he is playing well and i think he is a great player but he needs to have the ball in his hands and with Jdub and SGA it don't always work. There been some games he hasn't been playable at the end of games. I would still take Nurkic or Durant not both over him for the next few years. Oh and I'm not giving up the farm for either player. Giddy maybe Kendrick Williams and a couple first round picks. I'm sure the Suns want a lot more for KD Nurkic we might be able to get with just Picks and that I would do. We need another big
    In a trade you have to consider matching salaries, and possibly exemptions. KD alone is $50 million.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    Nope, PG resigned with the Thunder after his first year with us. The next summer Kawhi Leonard was a free agent and wanted to go to the LA market. The 2 teams were in a bidding war. Kawhi said he wanted to play with PG. The Clippers knew they wouldn't have gotten Kawhi w/o PG so they had no choice but to overpay OKC for PG.
    Yes, PG re-signed with OKC, thus playing for 2 seasons. And then he asked for a trade. OKC traded him to the Clippers. I don't understand saying he didn't ask for a trade. He did. Obviously it worked out though.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Tell me you don’t understand how trades work without telling me.

Giddey has started to adjust to his role and has shown that he can play off the ball as well over the last few months…which is why people generally want to find a way to keep him now. Do you watch the same games that we do?

7. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Yes, PG re-signed with OKC, thus playing for 2 seasons. And then he asked for a trade. OKC traded him to the Clippers. I don't understand saying he didn't ask for a trade. He did. Obviously it worked out though.
    You're right. I had forgotten that PG asked for a trade.

8. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Maybe when I said demanded a trade that was too strong a word. But I remember him as telling the Thunder he DID NOT want to stay here.

The OKC-DAL series will be great. Kinda jealous though that Dallas gets scheduled two Saturday home games. And we get none, not even a Friday or Sunday home game either...SMH.

Blog Entries

^Yes, thumbs down on TWO Saturday games in Dallas.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    The OKC-DAL series will be great. Kinda jealous though that Dallas gets scheduled two Saturday home games. And we get none, not even a Friday or Sunday home game either...SMH.
    If prices are within range, I'm hoping to make game 2 in OKC and game 3 in Dallas. Pretty excited for this series!

If prices are within range, I'm hoping to make game 2 in OKC and game 3 in Dallas. Pretty excited for this series!
    Just checked Seat Geek and saw some tickets under $80 and a bunch under $100. Not cheap by any means but more affordable than I thought they’d be at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Just checked Seat Geek and saw some tickets under $80 and a bunch under $100. Not cheap by any means but more affordable than I thought they’d be at this point.
    Where are you seeing these prices? I already have OKC tickets. I need Dallas and the cheapest I’m seeing is $180, with fees that’ll be about $200 per ticket.

Blog Entries

NBA Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Here is the list of all NBA cities ranked by their altitude above sea level from highest to lowest.

_1. Denver - 5280 feet
    _2. Utah - Salt Lake City - 4265 feet
    _3. Oklahoma City - 1199 feet
    _4. Phoenix - 1086 feet
    _5. Atlanta - 1023 feet
    _6. Detroit - 968 feet
    _7. Minnesota - Minneapolis - 845 feet
    _8. Charlotte - 721 feet
    _9. Indiana - Indianapolis - 707 feet
    10. Cleveland - 669 feet
    11. San Antonio - 641 feet
    12. Chicago - 593 feet
    13. Milwaukee - 593 feet
    14. Dallas - 426 feet
    15. Toronto - 260 feet
    16. Memphis - 250 feet
    17. Los Angeles - 239 feet
    18. Orlando - 106 feet
    19. Portland - 92 feet
    20. San Francisco - 52 feet
    21. Brooklyn - 49 feet
    22. Washington - 46 feet
    23. Houston - 45 feet
    24. New York - New York City - 35 feet
    25. Sacramento - 34 feet
    26. Philadelphia - 18 feet
    27. Boston - 10 feet
    28. Miami - 5 feet
    29. New Orleans - 2 feet

Takeaways

This list shows that the only teams that truly have any meaningful potential advantages due to elevation are the Nuggets and Jazz. They live, practice, and play in these locations, and the players should be somewhat used to the high altitudes.

Where are you seeing these prices? I already have OKC tickets. I need Dallas and the cheapest I’m seeing is $180, with fees that’ll be about $200 per ticket.
    Sorry, that's for OKC. Didn't realize you were looking in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

Here is the list of all NBA cities ranked by their altitude above sea level from highest to lowest.
    _1. Denver - 5280 feet
    _2. Utah - Salt Lake City - 4265 feet
    _3. Oklahoma City - 1199 feet
    _4. Phoenix - 1086 feet
    _5. Atlanta - 1023 feet
    _6. Detroit - 968 feet
    _7. Minnesota - Minneapolis - 845 feet
    _8. Charlotte - 721 feet
    _9. Indiana - Indianapolis - 707 feet
    10. Cleveland - 669 feet
    11. San Antonio - 641 feet
    12. Chicago - 593 feet
    13. Milwaukee - 593 feet
    14. Dallas - 426 feet
    15. Toronto - 260 feet
    16. Memphis - 250 feet
    17. Los Angeles - 239 feet
    18. Orlando - 106 feet
    19. Portland - 92 feet
    20. San Francisco - 52 feet
    21. Brooklyn - 49 feet
    22. Washington - 46 feet
    23. Houston - 45 feet
    24. New York - New York City - 35 feet
    25. Sacramento - 34 feet
    26. Philadelphia - 18 feet
    27. Boston - 10 feet
    28. Miami - 5 feet
    29. New Orleans - 2 feet

Takeaways

This list shows that the only teams that truly have any meaningful potential advantages due to elevation are the Nuggets and Jazz. They live, practice, and play in these locations, and the players should be somewhat used to the high altitudes.
    I'm kinda shocked that we're third on that list. I probably shouldn't be given that most teams are in cities closer to the coast but its still surprising to see it.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Whenever you take the Turner Turnpike to Tulsa, it seems as though you are traveling up to a higher elevation and upon return, it feels like you going down to OKC. Actually the differences in elevation between our two largest cities Oklahoma City 1199 feet - Tulsa 637 feet is 562 feet.

It feels to me that Tulsa has a higher elevation; however based those figures, there's a big difference--like OKC is
    the height of the BancFirst Tower (second tallest building in OKC).

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Whenever you take the Turner Turnpike to Tulsa, it seems as though you are traveling up to a higher elevation and upon return, it feels like you going down to OKC. Actually the differences in elevation between our two largest cities Oklahoma City 1199 feet - Tulsa 637 feet is 562 feet.

It feels to me that Tulsa has a higher elevation; however based those figures, there's a big difference--like OKC is
    the height of the BancFirst Tower (second tallest building in OKC).
    You right, it does feel like you’re going down hill from Tulsa to OKC.

20. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

I agree. It does feel like you go uphill to Tulsa. It feels like I go even further uphill on to St Louis but they're 499'.

The Timberwolves are looking very good. That team has it all.

If we go to the conference finals, I do believe I feel better about a matchup with Timberwolves over Nuggets. To that end I would also be happy if that is where the run ends regardless of the matchup, such an awesome season thus far

23. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by retrospective View Post
    If we go to the conference finals, I do believe I feel better about a matchup with Timberwolves over Nuggets. To that end I would also be happy if that is where the run ends regardless of the matchup, such an awesome season thus far
    I don't know what to wish for. Timberwolves look good but it seems to be as much that the Nuggets are going in slow motion. Like they just don't care or something. I know they're better than these two games.

24. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I don't know what to wish for. Timberwolves look good but it seems to be as much that the Nuggets are going in slow motion. Like they just don't care or something. I know they're better than these two games.
    I think Jamal Murray will get suspended at least one game now too. Nuggets going to need something to go right.

25. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I think Jamal Murray will get suspended at least one game now too. Nuggets going to need something to go right.
    Tim MacMahon talked about that today. He doesn't expect more than a fine. Apparently the NBA sticks right to the rule book for suspensions and there's nothing in the book regarding players throwing objects on the court.

Thread Information