Widgets Magazine
Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

1. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    those people are the reason there is an ignore list. if everyone would just put them on ignore, they eventually just stop once they stop getting interactions.
    It's just an act at this point.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Everyone needs to just quit adding them to their post as a quote. Just gives the troll more screen exposure. Don't feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    We’re actively building a $1.5 billion dollar arena and you want the anchor tenant to use it for less days? That doesn’t really math imo.
    The NBA is doing very well as a league and the salary cap almost triple in 15 years.
    Three to five less home game won’t hurt the business model.
    The fact okc will have a new arena at some point should not be considered in this question.
    There always will have new arenas through the country.

Plus with the bigger footprint of the next arena we will be able to host more shows.

Blog Entries

If you have access to The Athletic, there is a really good Thunder article today by Anthony Slater.

https://theathletic.com/5070468/2024...ense-nba-stats

+1 on the Slater article. Really great analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    If you have access to The Athletic, there is a really good Thunder article today by Anthony Slater.

https://theathletic.com/5070468/2024...ense-nba-stats
    and if you don't open this link on mobile then click "reader"

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    The NBA is doing very well as a league and the salary cap almost triple in 15 years.
    Three to five less home game won’t hurt the business model.
    The fact okc will have a new arena at some point should not be considered in this question.
    There always will have new arenas through the country.

Plus with the bigger footprint of the next arena we will be able to host more shows.
    I don't think there is any reason to play fewer games. The players are better cared for than ever and scheduling is more player friendly. The issue I have with fewer games is it is an arbitrary number, and constantly wants further reduction. The logical extension becomes all games are too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I don't think there is any reason to play fewer games. The players are better cared for than ever and scheduling is more player friendly. The issue I have with fewer games is it is an arbitrary number, and constantly wants further reduction. The logical extension becomes all games are too many.
    I like the fact the NBA starts the season earlier to have less game per month. Despite that we have the Thunder playing 17 games in January. It is too much to follow I think.
    The 76 and 72 games season I was talking about are not arbitrary.
    The NBA schedule is made as follow:
    2 games )home and away) against the other conference teams (30 games)
    3 against your own conference (42 games)
    Plus a 4th against your division teams ( why not?) (4 games)
    And a 4 th against 6 random teams of your conference but not your division (6 games).
    These 6 games could easily go away and will reduce the number of these horrible back to back.

Why was the plane delayed. Was it an OKC issue or ATL issues. I have no problem losing to the Hawks on a back2back like that. Nets might be a battle also. Now the Wizards on two day rest that better be a win. Just maintain 500 this month I think we will finish top 4 seed in the west.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

NBA schedule for all teams have challenges. The situation in Atlanta didn't seem to favor the Thunder at all; would like to hear
    an explanation on what happened.

Really like the direction Coach Daigneault is taking the team--IMO best coaching I've seen in all the years the OKC Thunder have been in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Why was the plane delayed. Was it an OKC issue or ATL issues. I have no problem losing to the Hawks on a back2back like that. Nets might be a battle also. Now the Wizards on two day rest that better be a win. Just maintain 500 this month I think we will finish top 4 seed in the west.
    I have no info on this other than Atlanta was getting rain.

Congratulations on losing to another bad team tonight, the Thunder is overrated and not that good and Chet is a fraud since he could not score over 20 points against the crappy Hawks and Nets

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City 115 @ Brooklyn Nets 124

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401585109

Attendance: 18,147

They can beat the good teams, but not the bad teams. These are the games you need to win, need to beat the teams your supposed to beat. Of course not expecting them to go undefeated the rest of the season, but losing close games to bad teams will come back to haunt them at the end of the season in the standings for the playoffs.

Blog Entries

Monday, January 8, 2024
    Oklahoma City Thunder @ Washington Wizards
    Capital One Arena, Washington DC - 6:00 PM
    TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    They can beat the good teams, but not the bad teams. These are the games you need to win, need to beat the teams your supposed to beat. Of course not expecting them to go undefeated the rest of the season, but losing close games to bad teams will come back to haunt them at the end of the season in the standings for the playoffs.
    lol, overreact much? Did you just start watching last week? They’ve beaten both routinely all season and have been better against bad teams.

17. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    Congratulations on losing to another bad team tonight, the Thunder is overrated and not that good and Chet is a fraud since he could not score over 20 points against the crappy Hawks and Nets
    Wow, man, you really don't know your stuff, do you? The cold, hard, stats say something very different. They are like#3 in net rating which is one of the best, if not THE best indicator of a contending team. The past like 20 champs have had a net rating in the top 5. Chet is no fraud, he was just honored by the league for his strong December. I think you are way overreacting here. Breathe, dude, it's a long season and they just finished an incredibly tough stretch of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    You must be a major troll or about a 75..... Chet just got rookie of the month.

They've played 7 games in 10 days including heavy travel this past week, several of those teams being in the top 5 -- and they've gone 5-2 in that stretch. They're tired. They're playing some really good hoops -- and SGA just looks like a ballerina out there on the court with those beautiful sick moves! This is about as excited as I've been about Thunder basketball since Russ left.

Those negative nancy's are probably just mad about the upcoming new arena.

Go Thunder!

Last I checked I think they are 12-3 vs teams below 500. That being said can't loss to Washington or Portland coming up.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder 136 @ Washington Wizards 128

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401585136

Attendance: 15,297

Blog Entries

Wednesday, January 10, 2024
    Oklahoma City Thunder @ Miami Heat
    Kaseya Center, Miami - 6:30 PM
    TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

Miami game will be tough tomorrow. Try to keep rebounds away from Bam and they have a shot.

T-Wolves got an away back to back with Magic/Celtics - So OKC could have a shot at emerging #1 in the west with a W.

24. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Thunder and Griffin Media have announced that remainder of Friday night games this season (8 games) will be broadcast OTA on KSBI, Ch. 52 in Oklahoma City and News On 6 Now Ch. 6.3 in Tulsa. LINK

25. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Thunder and Griffin Media have announced that remainder of Friday night games this season (8 games) will be broadcast OTA on KSBI, Ch. 52 in Oklahoma City and News On 6 Now Ch. 6.3 in Tulsa. LINK
    Finally! Great news!

Thread Information