Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who turned off the lights?

Default Re: Who turned off the lights?

In as much as this appears to be a problem in mutiple wards why is the mayor not addressed about this until it is remedied? He is the face of city hall after all.
    I can't believe he has no influence in getting after the responsible entities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    In as much as this appears to be a problem in mutiple wards why is the mayor not addressed about this until it is remedied? He is the face of city hall after all.
    I can't believe he has no influence in getting after the responsible entities.
    Indeed. I wish the mayor or even local new stations could put enough exposure to this problem to get it addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Indeed. I wish the mayor or even local new stations could put enough exposure to this problem to get it addressed.
    There *was* exposure, huge presentation in front of the city council and mayor with OG&E reps and city employees present, happened a few years ago, everybody agreed it was pathetic, they said they'd make it easier to report and they'd start fixing things. Guess what happened after the initial "Look how good we did" push.....

The 'how to report the problem'....IS...the problem IMO.

If you were on a cruise ship -you paid for the service -yet you were responsible to report there was no food on the buffet line that would be ridiculous. In like manner, if you're providing power to the streetlights -isn't it your responsibility (as the service provider) to ensure the service works? Why they don't have a system or personnel to monitor the lights OG&E serves is just beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    The 'how to report the problem'....IS...the problem IMO.

If you were on a cruise ship -you paid for the service -yet you were responsible to report there was no food on the buffet line that would be ridiculous. In like manner, if you're providing power to the streetlights -isn't it your responsibility (as the service provider) to ensure the service works? Why they don't have a system or personnel to monitor the lights OG&E serves is just beyond me.
    I've (and others) have mentioned that dozens of times. Why OG&E can't pay someone(s) to drive around in a truck and drop a pin in a map whenever they see a light out, then someone(s) picks those pins up and replaces the lights isn't really beyond me, but it's ridiculous. OG&E won't do a damn thing that doesn't earn them money unless they're forced to, and for some reason, OKC isn't forcing them to keep the lights on. So nobody that has any power or will to do anything won't do anything. Who forces OKC to force OG&E to fix their (with a few exceptions) lights? And who *keeps* forcing them to do it forever?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I've (and others) have mentioned that dozens of times. Why OG&E can't pay someone(s) to drive around in a truck and drop a pin in a map whenever they see a light out, then someone(s) picks those pins up and replaces the lights isn't really beyond me, but it's ridiculous. OG&E won't do a damn thing that doesn't earn them money unless they're forced to, and for some reason, OKC isn't forcing them to keep the lights on. So nobody that has any power or will to do anything won't do anything. Who forces OKC to force OG&E to fix their (with a few exceptions) lights? And who *keeps* forcing them to do it forever?
    Yes! It appears this is such an easy problem to correct. Why all the feet dragging is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    The pressure needs to be publicly put on the mayor. He needs to maintain the infrastructure in place and spend less time rubbing shoulders with entertainment figures and taking selfies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    The pressure needs to be publicly put on the mayor. He needs to maintain the infrastructure in place and spend less time rubbing shoulders with entertainment figures and taking selfies.
    Then all the folks with social media accounts that are ticked off about the lights need to post @ him. I've said this multiple times - public shaming sometimes works. I'm not on any social media, so I can't do that, otherwise I'd be doing it daily (until he blocks me ).

Here’s a victim of the lack of lighting and who knows how many others there have been:

https://okcfox.com/news/local/make-i...r-car-accident

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Here’s a victim of the lack of lighting and who knows how many others there have been:

https://okcfox.com/news/local/make-i...r-car-accident
    "Fox 25 reached out to OG&E, but they declined to comment." - says it all...

11. Default Re: Who turned off the lights?

I was in OKC this weekend and noted along with light outages already covered are abandoned light poles laying all over rights of way - specifically multiple places on l-44. They have clearly been there a good while.

Since starting this thread most of the stretches of streetlights have been fixed. One area still notably dark is around the Civic Center and City Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Since starting this thread most of the stretches of streetlights have been fixed. One area still notably dark is around the Civic Center and City Hall.
    Definitely noticed this the other night walking back from a concert at the Paycom Center over to my apartment over at Aviare at 11pm. This was the only area where I felt unsafe on the walk back because it was so dark. Such a weird feeling being in the middle of the city.

14. Default Re: Who turned off the lights?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    And both of these areas have been reported to OG&E and the Action Center, almost 2 weeks ago

I've been reporting (much to my annoyance) to O.G.&E. the various outages. Recently I again reported the outages on the Oklahoma Blvd from Western to I-40. Today O.G. & E. responded with an actual work order number for that particular repair. Fingers crossed for the repair to actually happen.

Coming back from a show at OCCC tonight, we noticed that the lights on May over the river were *all* lit up, first time we've seen that in probably 6 years. Thanks to whoever reported those, since I know OG&E didn't decide to do it out of the goodness of their heart...

Looks like progress...finally!

18. Default Re: Who turned off the lights?

I came home tonight after being away for a week. Lights surrounding the Civic Center are still not working. Also, the area of I-44 where the OKCPD Officer lost her life, the stretch between SW 29& SW 44th Street are all out. Very dark along that curved area tonight.

Job security if you are in the OG&E light bulb changing department… file a bunch of reports for broken street lights and cash in some overtime for Christmas.

20. Default Re: Who turned off the lights?

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Job security if you are in the OG&E light bulb changing department… file a bunch of reports for broken street lights and cash in some overtime for Christmas.
    And then who pays for all the overtime?
    There go the rates again.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCbyTRANSFER View Post
    And then who pays for all the overtime?
    There go the rates again.
    I wasn’t being totally serious. They wouldn’t authorize overtime for it. Just a thought experiment.

Several weeks ago OG&E provided me a work order number for repairing lights on the OK Blvd from Western to I-40. The work has yet to be done. Maybe they're behind.

23. Default Re: Who turned off the lights?

Received email from the Action Center today, looks like the city repaired quite a few of the P180 lights this week that I've reported. City Hall, Civic Center, Reno Ave and the area surrounding the Myriad Gardens were all lit this evening.

I moved recently and leave early morning for work and drive 235 north from downtown to I-44 east. So many places of non-working streetlights along my route. Some on 235 north. But mainly at I-44 and Lincoln exit. So. Stinkin. Dark.

You'd think as many people who work at OG&E that various employees, driving through OKC at night, would report so many outages. Such abysmal way of doing business for OG&E.

OG&E replied to their delay on repairing many of the streetlights at highway interstate loops/bypasses as:
    "We are still waiting for the City of Oklahoma City to maintenance the towers. We are unable to lower the towers to repair them until the city does the maintenance."

Thus, the city says it on OG&E. OG&E says its the city.

Unreal.

Thread Information