Widgets Magazine
Page 108 of 455 FirstFirst ... 858103104105106107108109110111112113158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    is there a place we can visit that tells us the number of new cases in each county? I of course have seen the map of total cases. I just thought it would be of interest to me to follow the trajectory in Oklahoma, Canadian, Cleveland and Logan counties.
    https://looker-dashboards.ok.gov/embed/dashboards/46

Or

https://storage.googleapis.com/ok-co...ses_county.csv

Sunday update

77 new positives
    0 new deaths

3. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Sunday update

77 new positives
    0 new deaths
    This thing is really decelerating. Apparently it doesn’t enjoy our warm summers.

The other day we hit a new high number so how is this decelerating? Week end numbers have been lower all along.

5. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    The other day we hit a new high number so how is this decelerating? Week end numbers have been lower all along.
    Data says it is: https://rt.live/

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Jackson View Post
    That's encouraging. Let's hope so! What is the potential error rate in all the mush in data, and does it still hold us below 1 when taken into account? It's still a model. But possibly at least the indicator is we aren't off the races again yet. At the same time, nothing has changed in the last 6 weeks for us on what is shown on that site.

From the site:

Known Issues

There is an incubation period in which people are likely infectious but not symptomatic. This model assumes infectiousness begins with symptoms. While future versions may correct for this, a simple heuristic is to shift all values of Rt 5 days into the past.
    While we make a best effort to accurately describe Rt, nothing can do that perfectly. Please calibrate with other sources, like epiforecasts.io, as well.

Our count still doesn’t include non-lab confirmed positives, as far as I know. Which includes the majority of people with a positive rapid test.

Can you explain how you interpreted the graph you linked to (shown below) as "really decelerating"?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 5.39.36 PM.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	16107

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Can you explain how you interpreted the graph you linked to (shown below) as "really decelerating"?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 5.39.36 PM.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	16107
    I was going to say the same thing. .93 April 5th .92 today? I'm confused. Steady yes decelerating help me out here. Just don't click on where it shows new cases. Nothing to see there only a slight incline. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    The mask doesn't help you 1 bit. It can help protect those around you. If you are the only person in a place wearing a mask, you are not helping yourself with the masks most are wearing now. They don't filter stuff coming in, but can filter stuff going out.
    Yes we know. This has been mentioned dozens of times in this thread. It is the right thing to do to protect others. Hopefully they will be just as considerate.

Stay in your house if you don't feel safe to go out.

Quote Originally Posted by brian72 View Post
    We heard you the first time. Some people don't have the choice to go out, as they have to work. To ensure their safety, please reconsider your position on wearing a mask, as doing so protects people other than yourself.

Dumbest thing I have seen in a while.

Thanks Bro. Like all the so called experts on these Posts.

Some of us older people have to go out shopping for food and other needed items since we live in areas where there is no grocery delivery and have no one to shop for us. Please be considerate and mask for us (masks are for other to prevent the spread. Also so many people refuse to social distance. i thought I could get an item or two at Braums in order to forgo a trip to a larger store. 2 people in there, and they refused to social distance after I asked them to. They just said "I'm shopping and will not" but they stood in the line at the 6; marks. Is this too hard for people to consider. Can they not just step back a step and let an older person through or at least no box them into a corner between freezers? So many people out there are not thinking of others, espically older people, only them selves. I tried getting out shopping but I spend 80% of my time dodging other people. I had to give up since my knee is hurting and had to go home. Its still hurting me. Why can't some people be kind to other folks?

Did you miss his post earlier about how he fears Bill Gates putting microchips in the vaccines? Brian is on a tear lately.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Did you miss his post earlier about how he fears Bill Gates putting microchips in the vaccines? Brian is on a tear lately.
    Just a matter of time my friends. Sad to say, but it's the only way people will feel safe in this world.https://lccn.loc.gov/gm69002717

Before everyone gets all excited and see the new numbers for today just keep in mind it's a holiday. They will go back up middle of the week this is far from being over just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Before everyone gets all excited and see the new numbers for today just keep in mind it's a holiday. They will go back up middle of the week this is far from being over just sayin
    Yep.

By all accounts we have gone the Sweden approach.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd the barber View Post
    Yep.

By all accounts we have gone the Sweden approach.
    Not even close. We shut down for a long period of time (albeit in a scattershot matter), while Sweden never closed down restaurants or anything. Their curve never flattened, while ours is down from April.

21. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Nm

For Mon report

53 new positives
    2 new deaths

Thanks Bro. Like all the so called experts on these Posts.
    You totally disregarded the person on this thread, oklip, who has no choice but to go out for various essential reasons. Why would you be so callous to oklip, who is making a sincere request?

The “experts” are not posters here. It is just that people on this forum are heeding and sharing the advice of experts. This Twitter thread was interesting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bschapiro...96233346838531

24. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    You totally disregarded the person on this thread, oklip, who has no choice but to go out for various essential reasons. Why would you be so callous to oklip, who is making a sincere request?

The “experts” are not posters here. It is just that people on this forum are heeding and sharing the advice of experts. This Twitter thread was interesting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bschapiro...96233346838531
    Yea, you are free to wear a mask if it makes you feel more comfortable. I’ve been wearing my Ventilated N95s around to various Shoppes.

But I’m not going to go out of my way to patronize a business that requires masks (i.e.., Costco). I canceled my Double Platinum Diamond Membership immediately upon learning of the Company’s mask policy. I’ll take my $75k in annual spend to Sam’s.

And I will likely wear a mask to Sam’s, but it will be MY choice.

25. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

But I’m not going to go out of my way to patronize a business that requires masks (i.e.., Costco).
    Yeah, why would you want to shop somewhere that wants to protect their customers and employees?

Thread Information