Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bricktown Ballpark

Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

Just took these.

Put on the finishing touches ahead of tonight's home opener.

Blog Entries

^Looks great. Should be rocking with Kershaw in the house and beautiful night.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just took these.

Put on the finishing touches ahead of tonight's home opener.

That first picture is FANTASTIC!

I do like that first picture - it strategically hides the upper deck tarps. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Geographer View Post
    it was a great environment last night for the season opener

Quote Originally Posted by Geographer View Post
    Sigh, those upper decks. Can we just remove them and move them to softball facility? I'm joking of course.

Seriously though, maybe we need a maps project to replace them with luxury boxes or something like that.

Took this one Saturday night:

Great pic!

9. Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Sigh, those upper decks. Can we just remove them and move them to softball facility? I'm joking of course.

Seriously though, maybe we need a maps project to replace them with luxury boxes or something like that.
    I hope this is in jest. OKC is the #1 farm team for a VERY possible world series team. It is full of ready-for-Primetime players that would likely be in the major leagues if not for the outrageous talent on the LA team. OKC is lucky to have such a quality program and should support this team to a point the upper decks should be needed.

Blog Entries

I don't think he meant to move the TEAM to the softball field, just the unused upper deck (presumably since they are building an upper deck there)

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I don't think he meant to move the TEAM to the softball field, just the unused upper deck (presumably since they are building an upper deck there)
    Yes, and I made it pretty clear that was just a joke. But that being said I dont see this deck being used regardless of what happens in the major leagues. They did that because of the sun blinding people. It would be more successful with suites or some kind of party deck. They have done this a few times even with MLB stadiums.

Blog Entries

it was clear to me

Yes, and I made it pretty clear that was just a joke. But that being said I dont see this deck being used regardless of what happens in the major leagues. They did that because of the sun blinding people. It would be more successful with suites or some kind of party deck. They have done this a few times even with MLB stadiums.
    the sun had 0 to do with them covering that upper deck

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    May not be a principle economic reason, but it is why they choose those decks to tarp off. I don't know about everyone else in the city, but it is why I picked third base upper deck when they were both open.

15. Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    ^^^^^^

16. Default Re: Bricktown Ballpark

Pete, I really liked your photos of the ballpark, so when I found myself in that area this evening I thought I'd snap one as well! Just so happens to give a good perspective of the construction cranes compared to the CBD.

That is an awesome picture!

One of the best pictures of Oklahoma City I’ve ever seen... salute

Did somebody say party deck? http://www.milb.com/content/page.jsp...8&vkey=tickets

Out for bid is a project to replace the seats at the ballpark for an estimated $1.7M.

Blog Entries

Good news, Pete.

Will be nice to see the ballpark returned to its original state or close to it. The tarped off section beyond 1st base line upper deck seats have great sight line (IMO). Wish The Chick had sections of arm chair seating throughout the outfield and underneath the current tarped off section.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

Wish The Chick had sections of arm chair seating throughout the outfield and underneath the current tarped off section.

I don't understand what this means...unless it is a typo.

Blog Entries

Commonly referred to as The Brick, I call it The Chick--short for Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.

Shorten theses names, a new one The Tail = Scissortail Park.

Got it

Any chance they plan on opening the tarped off areas once they get new seating in then?

I understand they aren't selling out by any means even with the upper sections tarped off, but why not sell those as general seating for like... $5? I believe they are already in the upper echelon of AAA attendance, I'd love to sit in the upper decks again! I'd bet I haven't sat up there since...2004 or so.

Thread Information