Widgets Magazine

Thread: Bravo

Far North Bravo

Drove by this place yesterday on Penn and all signage was gone...Anyone have any info on this closure? I wasn't aware of an impending shutdown but business wasn't necessarily booming either. I enjoyed it, will be missed. Stuck with Olive Garden

Default Re: Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by mccoolio View Post
    Drove by this place yesterday on Penn and all signage was gone...Anyone have any info on this closure? I wasn't aware of an impending shutdown but business wasn't necessarily booming either. I enjoyed it, will be missed. Stuck with Olive Garden
    I believe they had closed up once during the COVID years. Then had recently reopened? Maybe I’m wrong. Guessing it just wasn’t good enough business after reopening.

Don't be stuck with Olive Garden or any other chain Italian brand along Memorial Road. There are PLENTY of good, local, Italian places. Moni's is just up the road, on May, Cafe 7 offers a few pasta dishes in the same area as Bravo near QSM, Frankie's near the Village off of Britain, Sparrow in Edmond, and Vito's near May and Wilshire.

Nm
    Last edited by Edmond Hausfrau; 03-28-2023 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Don't be stuck with Olive Garden or any other chain Italian brand along Memorial Road. There are PLENTY of good, local, Italian places. Moni's is just up the road, on May, Cafe 7 offers a few pasta dishes in the same area as Bravo near QSM, Frankie's near the Village off of Britain, Sparrow in Edmond, and Vito's near May and Wilshire.
    Decent Italian food is one of the things that is surprisingly hard to find in OKC. Plenty of mediocre offerings, including two of the restaurants listed above. I'm not sure why, other than maybe a lack of population diversity for a town this size so maybe no flavorful regional offerings? Patrono is only exception that springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    I believe they had closed up once during the COVID years. Then had recently reopened? Maybe I’m wrong. Guessing it just wasn’t good enough business after reopening.
    Yep, they had recently been open for several months at least. I'm amazed that of all places over there, that this is the one that couldn't make it. Had to be a part of a larger issue with their chain I'd imagine. Their web online ordering/3P food delivery service never was usable, even when they were definitely open.

I agree with other comments in this thread, it's tough to find excellent Italian locally. Not saying Bravo was, but it certainly was better than many of the other options we have IMO.

I'll have to give other options a thorough try, I've been to Sparrow, MiO, Moni's and others, but sparingly. Sparrow might be my favorite of the bunch right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Decent Italian food is one of the things that is surprisingly hard to find in OKC. Plenty of mediocre offerings, including two of the restaurants listed above. I'm not sure why, other than maybe a lack of population diversity for a town this size so maybe no flavorful regional offerings? Patrono is only exception that springs to mind.
    Flips, Stella, Bad Nonna's, Vito's, Osteria, Frankie's. These are all really, really good Italian places. Maybe not at the New York or Boston level, but very good nonetheless.

8. Default Re: Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Flips, Stella, Bad Nonna's, Vito's, Osteria, Frankie's. These are all really, really good Italian places. Maybe not at the New York or Boston level, but very good nonetheless.
    I agree. I would definitely add Piatto to this list. I have never had a bad meal there.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I agree. I would definitely add Piatto to this list. I have never had a bad meal there.
    I need to get out and try that place.

Yep, they had recently been open for several months at least. I'm amazed that of all places over there, that this is the one that couldn't make it. Had to be a part of a larger issue with their chain I'd imagine. .
    https://www.fsrmagazine.com/chain-re...turn-old-glory

yep national chain went bankrupt ..

Primos in Yukon is really good. Not much to look at but friendly service and good food.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We've been wanting to, but the Yelp reviews are all over the place (I sort by most recent and usually look back a year or so), and if they're that inconsistent (and downright bad, according to some of the reviews), we have no desire to eat there. But then someone says they've never had a bad meal there and we go back to wondering. For reference, what other Italian places do you like to eat at?

Guess we'll have to just go for it and cross our fingers we hit them on a good night, lol... It's not a big deal when we eat at a new fast food place and it sucks, but it's not pleasant having a higher-end restaurant sucking the money out of your wallet and not giving you good food/service in return.

Thread Information