Widgets Magazine

Thread: Signature Grill in Edmond

Default Signature Grill in Edmond

Ate there for the first time last night and it has moved up the list as one of my favorite restaurants. I would put it even with Michaels Grill, except the sides are much better. The chef/owner is the former executive chef at Deep Fork Grill. Anybody else been there?

Default Re: Signature Grill in Edmond

Location?

Danforth/Bryant in Kickingbird Square right next to the CVS.

The Interurban didn't close down then, did it?

No, Signature Grill is in the space that was formerly occupied by New World Cuisine, which HAS closed down. BUT --- they did remodel the interior and make it look darker. I did go into Signature Grill one night to get a sample or takeaway menu so I could consider returning. Unfortunately, I had a problem leaving the restaurant because of something weird with their door. I had to hail for a manager, and it took forever for him to get over there and fix the problem. So, after all that trouble, I would not go back, and get stuck inside like that again. Plus, the manager's attitude about the door was not pleasant and service-oriented. So, that is a downer.

Thats a rather strange reason to not go back to a restuarant. The food/service is great, its your loss.

Well, I didn't care for the manager's attitude, and it took a long time for me to get some assistance. That is not a good thing. They need to have a hostess or front person to help those who come in and out.

Anyone have an update on this place?

I have to admit I'm a little concerned about the forecast for service. I was looking into dinner here and did a quick internet search. All I ran across review-wise was a review on urbanspoon. The reviewer reported he had an experience that was so bad he walked out (related to service - never even ordered). Maybe more disconcerting than the review was the reply posted by someone at least appearing to be associated with the restaurant. This was it in total:

we are so sorry you had a "just awful" experience, however, we were short handed due to an employee serving time away that weekend for military reserves, this is not a normal occourance and will be delt with for the future. Thank you for your concern.
    Didn't overwhelm me with sincerity, then when I checked here the service issues seem to continue to be a problem. None of it significant enough to keep me away, but was interested if anyone had any recent experiences....

9. Default Re: Signature Grill in Edmond

This is the solution to the problem: if you want to try it, then go, and try it. What's the worst that can happen if you have bad service? You have bad service. Ooooooooooh. It's one meal out of thousands you'll have in your life.
    Still corrupting young minds

Well, I went back and tried Signature Grill, actually, last Friday night. They have SO GOOD food. I will definitely go back.

Oh, with regards to service, it is slow. One of their servers IS on military leave, so that is an issue. I think if they got a full-time bartender that would improve the place a lot, efficiency wise.

Thanks for the constructive replies, jbkrems.
    Last edited by positano; 07-22-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: singular to plural

13. Default Re: Signature Grill in Edmond

Sorry if my reply wasn't constructive enough, but seriously, it's just a meal. I could get bad service one day, and you could get amazing service the next. What's the big deal?

Not a big deal, but my post was a very simple question: had anyone had any recent experience. As I originally said, nothing I had heard was significant enough to suggest it wasn't worth a try - but certainly enough to ask around. No responses (or positive ones), I follow through. On the other hand, if there's a raft of negative reviews, there are certainly plenty of more certain options until a new place has a chance to work the kinks out. Obviously service (and food quality) varies, but it didn't seem too much of a stretch to solicit recent reviews in a thread reviewing the place (which in fact resulted in relevant feedback).

Your suggestion was obvious, and something I would have done absent the availability of a forum that has been pretty informative with restaurant reviews. Taking your position, there wouldn't really be any point in researching / reviewing a place at all. Fair enough - we just apparently disagree on the value of reviews. Nothing wrong with that.

15. Default Re: Signature Grill in Edmond

I understand. However, I very often disagree with a lot of the restaurant reviews on here, so I've come to take them with a grain of salt And because I go into places without a bunch of pre-conceived notions of what I'm supposed to get, most of the time I am happy with my service and food.

jbkrems, glad to see you gave it another shot. My wife and I have eaten there 6-7 times in the last few months, absolutely love the place. The crab bisque is possibly the best soup I have ever had and my wife is addicted to the rissuto. When we were there on Friday the chef/owner had 2 extra helpers in the kitchen, I dont know how he was able to keep up by himself before. So, the dining experience is quite as lengthy as it used to be, but even then I thought it was worth it because the food is so good. They also had 3 waiters instead of 2. You need to make reservations to go, they had to turn quite a few people away because they were all booked up for the evening.

My advice, if you like seafood the seabass is outstanding. My wife loves their filet (even better than Boulevards). The sides are all great, but I can't get away from the stuffed tomatoes, spinach w/ oyster mushrooms and the rissuto.

ImtheDude, I have been there now five times, including last night for my birthday dinner. It was wonderful and I have never had a bad meal there, their food is terrific. I also have had the seabass twice including last night, and it is amazing, as you say. And, their sides are good, too, I enjoy the fingerling potatoes and grilled asparagus.

They now have a website:
    Signature Grill Edmond

The same group is opening Bistro 22 in the same center at Danforth and Bryant, to be called Bistro 22.

More to the causal side I believe.

Ok,... my understanding is that Signature Grill is owned by the Faulkners (Clay is the head chef, Jessica his wife runs FOH)..., how in the world will they run two restaurants ? Where in the center is Bistro 22 ?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Where in the center is Bistro 22 ?
    I would guess in the spot that SubStop used to occupy... I had seen some work going on when getting some things at Pet Supplies Plus (which you need to check out if you have pets).

It will be on the far east end of the center:

Thread Information