Widgets Magazine
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13585960616263
Results 1,551 to 1,557 of 1557

Thread: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Despite the fact it is obvious that OKC is bigger and growing faster, It is apparent Tulsa’s just can’t accept it. All these “oh yeah, if you …… then Tulsa is better” arguments using arbitrary limits and hypotheticals is silly. We see a lot of excuses here.

Ok has two good cities we should be proud of. Let’s accept one is larger than the other and has been growing faster. It isn’t a referendum on if one is cooler than the other. Right now, it is just how things are going for a lot of reasons.

I'm not really sure why you seem to have a constant axe to grind against Tulsa but there's nothing wrong with people from there taking issue with posters here saying things like:

"And yet in 2025 OKC gained 7,589 new residents while Tulsa added a whopping 146
    You and everyone here (I'm assuming), but you especially, know that it's disingenuous to use the city population numbers to compare growth between the two cities and act like OKC legitimately grew 51 times more than Tulsa did last year. OKC makes up nearly 10% of the total MSA area and Tulsa makes up just over 3% of the Tulsa MSA. I've lived in both cities for multiple years at a time recently so maybe I'm one of few here is actually capable of being objective.

If you aren't using the MSA statistics, you don't care about reality and what actually matters when discussing the growth of a city. It's true that OKC is the larger city and is growing faster, but it's also true that the city population numbers don't tell anywhere close to the whole story. Percentage change wise, they aren't that far off (especially the 2022-2023 estimates). The MSA statistics:

OKC MSA
    2020: 1,425,695
    2023: 1,477,926
    Diff: 52,231
    %: 3.66%

2022: 1,459,957
    Diff: 17,969
    %: 1.23%

Tulsa MSA
    2020: 1,015,331
    2023: 1,044,757
    Diff: 29,426
    %: 2.90%

2022: 1,034,048
    Diff: 10,709
    %: 1.04%

Tulsa is a fine town. (I mine that in that "fine dining" way, not the "It's fine" way.)

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Tulsa is a fine town. (I mine that in that "fine dining" way, not the "It's fine" way.)
    Well Oklahoma was just "OK" by its own admission/state slogan for years so hell, it's probably a complement either way lol.

Regarding getting the possibility of getting Softball Olympics isn't there more proposed development in that area?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Regarding getting the possibility of getting Softball Olympics isn't there more proposed development in that area?
    Saw on the news the other day the the 45th infantry museum is building a larger better facility over near the Railway Museum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Saw on the news the other day the 45th infantry museum is building a larger better facility over near the Railway Museum.

7. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I'm not really sure why you seem to have a constant axe to grind against Tulsa but there's nothing wrong with people from there taking issue with posters here saying things like:

You and everyone here (I'm assuming), but you especially, know that it's disingenuous to use the city population numbers to compare growth between the two cities and act like OKC legitimately grew 51 times more than Tulsa did last year. OKC makes up nearly 10% of the total MSA area and Tulsa makes up just over 3% of the Tulsa MSA. I've lived in both cities for multiple years at a time recently so maybe I'm one of few here is actually capable of being objective.

If you aren't using the MSA statistics, you don't care about reality and what actually matters when discussing the growth of a city. It's true that OKC is the larger city and is growing faster, but it's also true that the city population numbers don't tell anywhere close to the whole story. Percentage change wise, they aren't that far off (especially the 2022-2023 estimates). The MSA statistics:

OKC MSA
    2020: 1,425,695
    2023: 1,477,926
    Diff: 52,231
    %: 3.66%

2022: 1,459,957
    Diff: 17,969
    %: 1.23%

Tulsa MSA
    2020: 1,015,331
    2023: 1,044,757
    Diff: 29,426
    %: 2.90%

2022: 1,034,048
    Diff: 10,709
    %: 1.04%
    but OKC isn't growing in it's rural areas in raw numbers like Tulsan's always try to say. OKC's growth is in the core and established areas NW, W, and SW. OKC has more opportunity in those areas but its not expanding in rural NE, SE. OKC does make up half of the OKC metro pop, but one should not discount the municipal pop as it is what the census uses to measure cities and make appropriations. OKC is significantly bigger than Tulsa in that regard *almost double, even if Tulsa took the same area.

We could argue the same about metro area, Tulsa's metro land area is larger than OKC's, hence why Tulsa is now able to get to 1 million, while census takes away Shawnee from OKC metro even though it is literally a few miles away from OKC limits and is connected to the city. ...

Rover is correct, Tulsan's should accept that OKC is bigger, always has been. That's ok you know, it benefits Tulsa to have a successful OKC competing against other state's largest cities. ...
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information