View Full Version : My dog, my dawg.

CMSturgeon
05-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Hah. I was just sitting here petting my dog while it was sharing my chair with me and thought I should write something about her.

My dog brings a special joy to my life... she is excited to see me when I get home, she follows me around every where when I am at home, and when I cough she seems concerned, coming over to smell my face. lol.

I think people who truly love their animals, often have a bond with their pets that could not be emulated by the bonds we share with any one person, not even my husband (he doesn't sit at the door and wag his tail when I come home).

Does anyone else love their pet?

Easy180
05-11-2007, 07:10 AM
Dog lover as well for the reasons you stated....Great having something excited every single day when you come home

That and having to wake mine up like freakin teenagers when I leave every morning...Many mornings they act as if they are hungover when I turn on the lights

BailJumper
05-11-2007, 07:11 AM
We adore our pets (dogs, cats, fish) and often have to plan our lives around their needs.

I particularly love my mutt I adopted from a shelter. He gets all excited when I get home and seems to take a real interest in what I am doing. I really like it when I talk to him and he tilts his head in that way that seems to ask "What'd you say?"

Keith
05-11-2007, 05:45 PM
My dog is the greatest. She's beautiful, healthy, and happy.

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/snowy_day_003.jpg

When I leave the house for work in the morning, she watches me leave, and she looks as if she can't wait for me to come back home.

After I get off work, and I turn down my street, she recognizes my truck and immediately starts wagging her tail. She then runs to the carport to greet me (I live on a corner, so my carport is actually in the back yard), and waits anxiously for me to get in the gate. Then, she runs up to the back door and does this little dance for me.

I give her lots of attention so she gives me a lot of attention. She wags her tail when she sees me....my wife doesn't. She runs to the back door and does a dance for me.....my wife doesn't. I never see her in a bad mood, and she likes to lick my leg and hand....my wife doesn't.

Yep, I love my dog!

Karried
05-11-2007, 06:44 PM
I love my Kodi too!

sweetdaisy
05-11-2007, 07:54 PM
It's amazing what unconditional love they give and how funny they are! My Haley, all "wadded up" in her favorite digging hole... (if I did the attachment correctly.)

Keith
05-11-2007, 07:58 PM
It's amazing what unconditional love they give and how funny they are! My Haley, all "wadded up" in her favorite digging hole... (if I did the attachment correctly.)
Hi sweetdaisy, it's great to see you on the forum again.

mranderson
05-11-2007, 08:32 PM
My new dog is a Grayjack. He is half Italian Grayhound and half Jack Russell Terrier, named Mr. Magoo. Magoo can jump about six feet and is very fast. In fact, I plan to agility train him so he can compete. We think he has a lot of potential.

I will always think of Holly (the Westhighland that died last year) as a very special part of my life. I know of no other living being that has been in my life that I loved more than Holly. I call her Magoo's sister.

OkieKAS
05-15-2007, 04:45 PM
http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/2/Zoi_after_a_Rain_Shower.jpg

My little Zoi is the LOVE of my life!

Not ever being one of "those kind of pet owners" that had their little doggies with them and all......I preferred big dogs. Certainly not little specks of fur with attitudes!

After the death of my 15 yr old daughter, Leslie, my son's 5 yr old Chihuahua, Suki, (his ex-g/f's dog, in fact,t hat she no longer wanted and left with him so I took care of her) gave birth to 2 puppies. WHAT-A-SURPRISE! And not only was that a surprise, but both puppies (her first litter)...but they were also Chihuahua's TOO!

I had been looking for Suki a home, and now I was stuck with another animal that I didn't want to take care of.

One small tiny lil pupsie died, immediately, after birth and the second one was round and fat.

Cloi & Zoi.

I was well into my 3rd year of overwhelming grief over my daughter's death and wanted nothing more to do than to mope in my grief. I didn't care about anything. I was completely solitary and preferred it that way.

Zoi was so tiny and her Mom, Suki, was such a wonderful Mother who grieved after the death of her daughter, but, yet, managed to take excellent care of the one that she had left. Zoi was so cute and funny and overzealous, she had to sup out of every nipple when feeding. Rollie - Pollie - Zoi. She never walks - she prances. When she wants something she comes and stands by me and nicks at my feet until I get up and she takes me to what she wants. She will tap the back of mylegs if I stop moving.

They pulled me out of my encompassing grief and terminal mourning.

Zoi grew to be so much like my precious Leslie. They have the same personalities, compassion and love. She predicted my every emotions. She would jump into my lap and lick away my tears from the time she was little and still does.

Unlike her Mom, Suki, Zoi must be with me at all times. She must cuddle and sleep with me, and she loves to ride in the Jeep. One moan and she is right there in my face jumping up and down licking my face and making me laugh with her antics.

I have no doubt, whatsoever, that Zoi was sent to me from Leslie. And, of course, being Leslie, she took Cloi to keep her company. They were both white with brown spots and their Mom is all brown. Never knew their dad cause Suki stayed indoors, rarely ever leaving the house. ---Immaculate Conception---

I knew from the first moment that I held Zoi that she was a gift from Leslie. And she has helped heal a broken heart. She loves me as purely and unconditionally as Leslie did. (Les was a child w/ Autism). Who spoke very little, yet communicated volumes!

Just yesterday, I related to my son about how much I loved Zoi and he said "You better get her bred, then, because she is nearly 4 yrs old now, and you wouldn't make it w/o her".........

I was like......NOooooooooooWaYYYYYYYYYY.....she is PURE and will not be allowed to be around a BOY! hahahaha

I said "I live every day of my life being blessed by the gifts of Leslie and from her, as well as the gift of yourself and your brother, there is nothing that would replace any of you, so I will just have to live with it."

Mean person that I may become......(grin)......but now, I know, that I can make it.

--Kathy

sweetdaisy
05-15-2007, 05:27 PM
OkieKAS, what an awesome story! It simultaneously brought a smile to my face and tears to my eyes. For certain your darling pup is a gift from your beloved daughter. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

Karried
05-15-2007, 09:02 PM
It simultaneously brought a smile to my face and tears to my eyes

My feelings exactly...

OkieKas, your writing always seems to inspire me.. are you an author by chance?

OkieKAS
05-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks for all the nice compliments. :cheerlead

I am just a simple Oklahoma woman that strongly asserts her rights for freedom and peace, and those of others. I have a never-ending lust for them. :Smiley026 I adore those with the courage to be outspoken, to embrace differences. Celebrate diversity, individuality. (I am a LIBRA) :dizzy: :::which could indicate that I am equally balanced or equally un - balanced::::::

I guess one could say that I am the author of my thoughts and opinions. I am not a published author, (bookwise, I have allowed several of my writings to be utilized for certain voluntary causes - articles, poetry & such - nothing that I have, own or will ever hope to own is copyrighted, it is all free to utilize with or w/o credit, including writings or photographs) ---- although I have been approached by Bantam Books to write about my life, and a lot of people tell me that my words inspire them.

:band: I am just too busy living life to deal with a publisher. :rock_guit I only write about what I truly feel impassioned to write about, so what you 'read' me write is exactly how I feel.

I have spent severalmany minutes on the OK legislator floor, for causes that I truly believed in. :fighting3

I have just lived a lot of lifetimes in my life and I am somewhat assertive regarding particular issues that have or do impact my life.

Those that have opposed me have called me "aggressive" in my manner, however, I am quick to point out. "I am, simply, verbally assertive, I really haven't choked anyone, yet". :beaten_fi

:::::::::evilgrin::::::::rock_on: :rock_on:

amen :::::::::hopping down off the pedestal::::::bruising my lil OKIEKAS - as I fall to the floor in a heap:::::get up::::dust off::::cheesy grin::::::::note to self: avoid pedestals::::::::doh:

:lol2: :lol2: :LolLolLol :laughing_ :Smiley173 :Lies:

--Kathy :backtotop :pink_elep

NikonNurse
07-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Okiekas, who is the dog in your pics (the heeler/catahoula)on the photo page? I had a dog just like her until I had to give her up when my son was born (she didn't like him!!). I hear she is now pleasantly spoiled in her new home.

OkieKAS
07-10-2007, 04:02 PM
That is my son's dog Jaeger. My brother, Roger, who lives West of Dibble, OK raises them. We got Jaeger (B: Oct 23, 2006) as a pup after his other heeler, Duke, was taken from our property. He had raised Duke from a pup, also. They are of a very superb breed.

My son Kev, has taught Jaeger so many things and even though he is a EVERYTHING IS ABOUT ME hound, he is very brilliant. So was Duke as is their father, Pete.

My Chis absolutely would disagree! He towers over them and tries to make them do things his way and that just does not work for them!

Jaeger lives to play with Kev. He is always waiting, anxiously, for someone to toss a ball or frisbee. I am only 5'3" as compared to Kev's 6'4", so it is without a doubt that Jaeger knocks me on my KAS.

Thanks for inquiring. Jaeger is my only GrandDawg. --OkieKAS

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/2/49.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/2/50.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/2/54.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/2/56.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/2/36.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/2/jk.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/2/55.jpg

NikonNurse
07-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Waahhh, makes me miss my dog.

OkieKAS
07-11-2007, 01:26 AM
LOL Nikon....did I mention that ......

He crawls all over you with wet paws

He streaks all of your clothing with mud.

He steals food from the cat.

He chases skunks.

He licks you in the face when you are in a chair.

He runs through the house knocking everything over in his wake.

He eats 25 pounds of dog food a week.

He drinks from the toilet on his run through the house where he knows he does not belong but fails to care that he knocks you down running through an open door.

He wants your lawn chair so he jumps in it, somehow failing to grasp the fact that you are in it.

He never fails to jump right through you when a car door opens and he has to jump in, irregardless of wet paws or fur.

He chases the fish in the pond.

He whines because the Chihuahuas get to be inside.

He plays lawn bowling with the Chihuahuas....as pins.

He wants all of the Chi's food cause it is so tiny and cute, and he can gulp it down w/o chewing.

He must have the Chi's toys 'cause his are all scattered in bits and pieces all over the yard.

He practically chomps your hand off while trying to steal food from it.

You are well known in Atwoods because you are always replacing his bowls, blankets, collars, toys.......

He jumps on your bed and pulls the comforter off so that he can lie in the floor and hide under it.

He has a great tendency to herd you all around the yard........

................need I say more?????

Lovable........ yes, but he is a great big mess at times.