View Full Version : Spread Good Cheer

Karried
05-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Anyone have anything exciting or good happen this week - big or small?

I know Bandnerd did this week so I'll let her share her good news if she wants to...

hmmmm, let's see....

I survived the tornado outbreak of 2007 lol

CMSturgeon
05-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Nothing TOO exciting here. Well, nothing exciting enough for me to remember anyway. I made a pretty good grade on my last test in one of my classes. I will write next week when I ace my final.

I too survived the beginning of tornado season, now I just have to make it through the middle and the end. I sure am ready for this rain to be gone so I can try out the boat!

bandnerd
05-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Several good things:

The kids gave a great band and orchestra concert last night. Almost makes up for some of the hateful treatment some of them have been giving me lately...grumble...

I received a call this afternoon and my band and orchestra have been chosen to represent Oklahoma in a "Musical Salute to America" in either D.C. or NYC next spring. Waiting for more details, it costs a lot of moo-lah to go but it would be such a great opportunity for the kids.

Finally...I got accepted to a journalism institute where I will learn all the ins and outs of being a newspaper sponsor, plus they will give me all of these great resources and "survival guides" (which I need dearly) to help improve and grow my journalism program. They accepted only about 100 people out of over 300 applicants nationwide. I think that's pretty cool :) Free travel, food, graduate credit, and networking all wrapped up in a bow. I will be going to Columbia, MO in the middle of July. So it's almost like a vacation for me--it's 2 weeks!

Also, I got a 1-hour massage today. It felt great. Unfortunately, I feel like I may be coming down with a cold :( One of my clarinetists had a nasty cold earlier in the week and I'm afraid I either caught that or the mold/mildew from all the rain is getting to me. The photo lab at school, which is connected to my room, has a major leak and standing water and by the end of the day my eyes are swelled shut. But that's not a positive. Sorry. But the massage was still good lol.

MadMonk
05-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Proud daddy here. :)
This week, my daughter was able to reach her reading goal in her advanced reader course. She'll be presented some "dog tags" at a ceremony next week for the accomplishment. I'm not sure why it's dog tags, but she's pretty excited about it. Only seven in her class reached the goal. She's in 1st grade and is reading at a late 3rd grade level.

My son is in Pre-K and was recently presented an award for memorizing and reciting 10 small poems. As a reward, he's going on a field trip to the Sam Noble museum next week. On top of everything else, he just learned to ride his bike without training wheels last week. He now has a new helmet and set of pads to help ease my increasingly worried mind. :D

Karried
05-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Congrats to all!! Great news...

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-10-2007, 09:30 PM
I...uh...Had a date.

One that went very well, and was followed up by two more with the same woman.

Karried
05-10-2007, 09:32 PM
3 times a charm.. congrats.. enjoy the journey