View Full Version : It's official...The 1000th race card used in '07

Easy180
05-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Love what this owner did...Booted OJ out...That man needs a constant reminder we all know he killed his wife and her friend

But check it out at the bottom...Lawyer goes straight for the race card...How shocking

Any thoughts?

Simpson Attorney Alleges Racism

POSTED: 7:06 am CDT May 9, 2007
UPDATED: 10:49 am CDT May 9, 2007

CINCINNATI -- Jeff Ruby isn't shy around celebrities.

The restaurateur is known for cultivating friendships with the famous people who visit his steakhouses, a list that includes Kid Rock, Star Jones and Rick Pitino.

But on the eve of Saturday's Kentucky Derby, Ruby drew the line at the infamous when O.J. Simpson walked into his Louisville restaurant without a reservation.

"I just went over the to table (and) I looked at him and said, 'I'm not serving you,' and he just sat there and looked at me," Ruby said. "I said it again, I said, 'I'm not serving you.'"

Simpson, who was acquitted in criminal court in 1995 of the murder of his wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend, Ron Goldman, has eaten at other Ruby steakhouses. In fact, his photo used to be on the wall at one of them.

"His picture was on the wall but I took it down because I believe he murdered those people," Ruby said. "He beheaded the wife, the mother of his children."

Ruby said Simpson, an NFL Hall of Famer, was a good sport as he left the Louisville steakhouse, but his date started making a scene, saying it's a free country.

"After she got done, in my face with, 'It's a free country,' I said, 'Listen, you're blonde – if I was you, you better be careful. He might slit your throat,'" Ruby said. "Then she went into the not guilty verdict."

Ruby said patrons gave him a standing ovation after Simpson was booted.

"I was a linebacker in high school and college," Ruby said. "But I never tackled O.J. Simpson."

Ruby said he had no regrets.

"I felt good for the Goldmans and the Brown family," he said.

Ruby said that when Simpson left, Michael Jordan walked in with a party of 30 and took his table.

Simpson attorney Yale Galanter said the incident was about race, and he intends to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant's liquor license.

Rifleman2C
05-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Simpson attorney Yale Galanter said the incident was about race, and he intends to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant's liquor license.

Well, good luck to him... I'll bet that case will go far. :rolleyes:

I'll guess that next time, OJ just might have to stoop to planning ahead and making some reservations.

Millie
05-09-2007, 10:37 PM
How was it about race? Did he kick out all the black guys who had murdered their wives that day?:LolLolLol

lkberry1
05-10-2007, 01:19 PM
just a cop out. it's not cuz OJ is black...it's cuz he's OJ. duhhhh

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
05-11-2007, 04:34 PM
That's funny, because I heard Micheal Jordan came in right after OJ...I guess the Juice got Juiced....moron

oh yeah...last line.....I look stoopid...

OkieKAS
05-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Stop with the multi - threads! hahahahahaha.........for the ones who did this to me....YOU are not getting a seat at the restaurant that I don't have!

I wouldn't have seated him, either, just by this alone..........no reservation - no seat - no matter - go away.

The general manager for Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse in Louisville, says that Simpson showed up at around 10 p.m. Derby eve, after the Kentucky Oaks. He says Simpson didn't have a reservation but demanded to be seated.

OkieKAS
05-11-2007, 04:46 PM
OkOkOK I would allow him to eat there, but I would have taken all the steak knives off the table.

I WOULD be offended if I were blonde, however. But I am not.

"After she got done, in my face with, 'It's a free country,' I said, 'Listen, you're blonde – if I was you, you better be careful. He might slit your throat,'" Ruby said. "Then she went into the not guilty verdict."

mranderson
05-11-2007, 06:46 PM
How was it about race? Did he kick out all the black guys who had murdered their wives that day?:LolLolLol

First, since you opened the door. Personally, there is reasonable doubt in my mind as to OJ's guilt. The jury found him not guilty. It is not fair to judge him or anyone else in "the court of public opinion," which you have done.

Second. If the merchant does not want to serve him, that is there right. Have you ever seen signs that read "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone?" There is a reason for those. The right of choice.

Easy180
05-11-2007, 09:24 PM
You belong to an extremely small group of doubters mra...People don't usually get almost decapitated by a stranger strolling by

But anyway...It is completely fair to judge anyone anytime...What we do best as Americans

Plus I haven't seen OJ post on here in months so no harm no foul

Curt
05-13-2007, 01:00 PM
I never had any doubts that O J is guilty and as resturant owner I'd boot his ass out too...the guy got away with murder and comes out better off than most hard working people do..what a joke of a justice system we have here.

Keith
05-13-2007, 07:37 PM
I never had any doubts that O J is guilty and as resturant owner I'd boot his ass out too...the guy got away with murder and comes out better off than most hard working people do..what a joke of a justice system we have here.
I agree. If you are a celebrity, chances are you will never spend a day in jail, no matter what you do.

mranderson
05-13-2007, 08:04 PM
You belong to an extremely small group of doubters mra...People don't usually get almost decapitated by a stranger strolling by

But anyway...It is completely fair to judge anyone anytime...What we do best as Americans

Plus I haven't seen OJ post on here in months so no harm no foul

I am not a "doubter." I am a realist. There was reasonable doubt, therefore, by right, I would have aquitted him. If you want to know my reasonable doubt, I believe I have written about it numerous times. All youy need to do is research our archives.

Easy180
05-14-2007, 07:20 AM
Let me get right on that research

You said there was reasonable doubt...So how does that not make you a doubter?

:dontgetit

Martin
05-14-2007, 07:39 AM
while a jury found that there was reasonable doubt to to convict simpson on murder, what anderson forgets is that simpson was found liable for wrongful death by a civil court. even if reasonable people adhered to the outcome of court cases to govern their personal judgments, it still wouldn't be unfair to judge simpson. so there.

...but then again, i don't come from an old oil baron family and my dad never shook hands with any famous southern gentleman attorneys and i've never stayed up into the wee hours of the morning fantasizing about ross perot and i didn't stay at a holiday inn express last night.

-M

Tim
05-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Well...that's no excuse mister! Now you scoot right out there and hob-nob with some important people right now!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-16-2007, 03:15 AM
Well...that's no excuse mister! Now you scoot right out there and hob-nob with some important people right now!

I had my picture taken with Ken Caminiti and David Hasselhoff at a San Diego Humane Society fundraiser once...How do they rate on a scale of hob-nobbiness?

'Cause I felt pretty cool. :D

Easy180
05-16-2007, 07:25 AM
Claim to fame for Easy...Stayed at a friend's house who was regional mgr for Skoal and Terry Bradshaw called there one night

Have never forgotten when Terry asked me what we were up to

Surprised I wasn't interviewed shortly after on the local news...It was that monumental

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-16-2007, 07:36 AM
Having been a nutbag Steelers fan since I was 5 years old...I'm deeply envious of you.

Martin
05-16-2007, 07:37 AM
while that's a cool story, easy... what's most important is that it instantly makes you an expert in the tobacco industry and in professional football. so if there's ever a discussion about the effect of tobacco endorsements by pro football players you can say, "NO I DONT HAV TO PROVE MY CASE! I TALKED TO TERRY BRADSHAW!!!!!!11111ONEONE"

-M

Tim
05-16-2007, 07:42 AM
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Easy180
05-16-2007, 08:01 AM
while that's a cool story, easy... what's most important is that it instantly makes you an expert in the tobacco industry and in professional football. so if there's ever a discussion about the effect of tobacco endorsements by pro football players you can say, "NO I DONT HAV TO PROVE MY CASE! I TALKED TO TERRY BRADSHAW!!!!!!11111ONEONE"

-M

Yes yes....Never thought of that...But I'm sure with all of his connections he has been hunting many times with Bradshaw, Namath and Walter Payton

Now I just need to come up with a need to start a smokeless tobacco thread...Hmmm

Tim
05-16-2007, 08:27 AM
Too bad he hasn't gone hunting with Dick Cheney.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-16-2007, 08:31 AM
Too bad he hasn't gone hunting with Dick Cheney.

He has...But didn't get shot because he stood on the right side.

Tim
05-16-2007, 08:35 AM
He has...But didn't get shot because he stood on the right side.
Yep. Slightly to the right of Attila the Hun.