View Full Version : Blues & Jazz Festival

kmf563
05-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Can anyone give me details of this event? I know it's supposed to be this weekend but the website is horrible and no information is given other than it's free and the hours. I would like to know where it is exactly in Edmond, who will be playing, are there food vendors, what do they have for the kids as far as entertainment....you know general promotion information. Whoever is running this event needs some help.

Karried
05-07-2007, 10:32 AM

The 2007 Edmond Jazz and Blues Festival will take place Saturday, May 26 from 4-10pm and Sunday, May 27 from 2-10pm at Stephenson Park on 5th and Boulevard in Edmond. There will also be performances held at the adjacent UCO Jazz Lab.

Performers have not yet been announced, but booth space for arts and crafts vendors are available now.

For more information on the festival, contact (405) 830-8902 or (405) 341-3321

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

26-27 Edmond Jazz and Blues Festival
Designated as an official Oklahoma Centennial Event, the Edmond Jazz and Blues Festival is held in the Downtown Edmond Area each Memorial Day weekend at Stephenson Park. Thousand of locals and tourist gather to enjoy a weekend of great music with a party atmosphere. Some of the Jazz and Blues greats perform during this music filled weekend. The place to be Memorial Weekend, Stephensen Park will be equipped with a professional stage and sound system to serve you some smooth jazz & rhythmic blues, sponsored by the UCO Jazz Lab and Hideaway Pizza. The event kicks off Saturday with live music, hot food, cold beverages, arts & crafts, games and activities. It continues on Sunday to wind down to a close that evening.
Time: Sat. 4p-10pm & Sun. 3pm-10pm
Price: Free
Extra Info: EJB@parkwaymenswear.com or 405/341-3321.

kmf563
05-07-2007, 10:35 AM
ahhh....ok, the tourismok site that they direct you to for more information says it is THIS weekend!!
I guess that's why they don't have more information, but I would think the vendors and performers would be booked at this point. That's a lot of last minute contracts to write and review.
Thanks for the info!

kmf563
05-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Finally found a lineup for the music on this -

Edmond Jazz and Blues Festival

The event kicks off Saturday with live music, hot food, cold beverages, arts & crafts, games and activities. Saturday line-up is Pinkie and the Snake Shakers @ 4pm, the Shadowman Blues Project @ 6:00pm, Creed Williams @ 7:30pm and Joey Love & The Love Machine @ 9:00pm. It continues on Sunday with The Civilized Tribe @ 2:00pm, The Jazz Company @ 4pm, Smilin' Vic @ 6:00pm and ends with The Chris Hicks Band starting @ 8:00pm.
Time: Sat. 4p-10:30pm & Sun. 2pm-10pm
Price: Free
Extra Info: 405/341-3321.