View Full Version : Anyone Sleep Last Night?

Karried
05-07-2007, 07:07 AM
I'm soooo tired this morning! Stupid thunder, stupid weatherman and stupid jet stream.

I need coffee.

NE Oasis
05-07-2007, 07:17 AM
I was sleeping great, until daughter # 1 called around 2:30 to report a tornado a few miles from the house. My beloved bride checked with Mike and Gary, niether of them knew about it. Too late, wifey glued to the tube. I tossed and turned until 5:00 a.m. arrived

BailJumper
05-07-2007, 07:35 AM
I love to open the windows and sleep during thunder storms! it wakes me from time to time, but I love the flashes or lighting and house shaking thunder that follows.

OUman
05-07-2007, 07:35 AM
I have to commend the local TV meteorologists for all their coverage this weekend, they stepped in when they had to and didn't overdo it at all. Especially 9 and 4, Rick Mitchell was covering stuff at times when it didn't need to be, but hey, it's fine by me.

I woke up at 1:42 this morning after hearing thunder. Turned on the TV just to make sure there was nothing tornadic going around the metro, just the approaching squall line and a few cells popping up ahead of it (which is what Norman was getting at the time).

Btw, when and where was this tornado you're talking about NE Oasis?

kevinpate
05-07-2007, 08:38 AM
knew nada of the weather until I woke up this a.m.

Karried
05-07-2007, 08:43 AM
I don't think I'll ever get used to it... I lay awake all night and worry that a tornado will come while we are asleep.. it's the kids. Stupid kids.. lol.. I'm kidding.. I'm grumpy, sleepy and tired of worrying about a tornado.

I saw the pics of Kansas..it was so awful.

I keep the TV on all night and when I manage to occasionally drift off.. I hear the weather reporters in my dreams. I'm a mess.

Easy180
05-07-2007, 08:50 AM
I have to commend the local TV meteorologists for all their coverage this weekend, they stepped in when they had to and didn't overdo it at all. Especially 9 and 4, Rick Mitchell was covering stuff at times when it didn't need to be, but hey, it's fine by me.

I woke up at 1:42 this morning after hearing thunder. Turned on the TV just to make sure there was nothing tornadic going around the metro, just the approaching squall line and a few cells popping up ahead of it (which is what Norman was getting at the time).

Btw, when and where was this tornado you're talking about NE Oasis?

Only one I knew of was something going on around Seminole...Nothing confirmed on the ground. but they were focusing on that area around 2:30

Karried
05-07-2007, 08:54 AM
Yeah, there was one they thought was forming near Tinker heading NE towards Meeker (unless I was dreaming).

ksearls
05-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Just saw this on the KOCO site. YIKES!

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Hours after a tornado caused damage in Seminole County, multiple tornadoes were reported overnight in central Oklahoma, including a radar-indicated twister near the Oklahoma City Zoo.

After two days of severe storms and tornadoes affecting residents in western Oklahoma, those in central Oklahoma likely heard loud thunder overnight. A series of storms banded together to produce heavy rain, damaging winds and even some isolated tornadoes in parts of Oklahoma, Lincoln and Pottawatomie counties.

Karried
05-07-2007, 09:09 AM
SEE!!!! lol..

I never heard one siren.

Patrick
05-07-2007, 09:32 AM
God puts up an awesome lights show. Beats any fireworks show I've seen.

oudirtypop
05-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Coffee is a wonderful thing!

It was ridiculous last night. i woke up every 10 minutes it seemed! i am ready for the rain to stop! Before long, we will be consulting Noah!

MadMonk
05-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Woke up around midnight from a loud thunderclap. Checked the weather reports and it looked like most of it was going east of me. I went back to bed, but was awoken several times in the wee hours from huge thunderclaps - I could've sworn one hit right behind my bedroom window!

Cappuchino was my friend this morning.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-07-2007, 11:01 AM
I slept like a baby...I always do during thunderstorms.

Except for the time that lightning hit my house. THAT woke me right up.

BaconCheeseburgerDeluxe
05-07-2007, 12:34 PM
I was sleeping well last night until the lightning struck the tree in a field a just few yards east of my building around 2:30.

I turned on Jed Castles and I could see he was cool calm and collective. My LCD TV in my bedroom has a videoi off feature on it. I set the sleep timer, turned the video off and I let the storm, and voices of Jed Castles and Mike Armstrong lull me to sleep.

Those guys are the best, they calm, did not over hype it, they said exactly was going on and where. About 30 mintues later I was sleeping like a baby.

Julesc2001
05-07-2007, 12:50 PM
I think I woke up every 10 minutes since 3am... I drank a whole pot of coffee this morning... I need sleep! ha.

jbrown84
05-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Yeah I woke up about 3:00 am from loud thunder. I've generally gotten over about a 10 year hyper-paranoia about tornadoes that began with my 2nd grade teacher reading Night of the Twisters to my class, but I still turned on Jed and Mike to be sure. Left the TV on for a while while I drifted back to sleep.

kmf563
05-07-2007, 01:44 PM
I slept very well!! I love this weather. I'm naturally a very light sleeper, but everytime it storms I sleep through the entire thing. Woke up very rested this morning...I still hate Mondays, but I feel good. :)