View Full Version : Microsoft & Yahoo Merger?!

ibda12u
05-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Microsoft-Yahoo deal could make life tough for Google - May. 4, 2007 (http://money.cnn.com/2007/05/04/technology/msftyhoo_analysis/?postversion=2007050411)

Looks like there talks and rumors of a Microsoft Buy out of Yahoo. I wonder if it would be a buy our or simply a Merger. Regardless MSN and Yahoo. What's even more interested is how would that affect DSL provided by AT&T?

Anyone with DSL from AT&T has "Yahoo High Speed DSL".

anyways, that's just my thoughts.
I think Google makes Microsoft more nervous than they've let on.

M

MadMonk
05-04-2007, 11:45 AM
I think Google makes Microsoft more nervous than they've let on.

M
:iagree:

oumoodman85
05-04-2007, 02:15 PM
It would definitely be an acquisition. "Mergers" usually denotes a merger of equals, and even in such cases one company always benefits more than the other. Think back to instances like Credit Suisse and First Boston, which was a "merger," notice now years later the company is simply known as "Credit Suisse."

I agree totally that Microsoft is simply trying to gain a competitive edge in the face of Google, but I'm not so sure Yahoo is such a wise investment. Recent financial performance by Yahoo has been weak at best compared to Google, and what makes Microsoft think they can turn it around any better than the current managers of Yahoo?

If it does happen, I think its a weak move. And one that will be later known as a mistake, similar to the AOL-Time Warner merger.

BaconCheeseburgerDeluxe
05-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Remember when the internet used to be free, the only fee you paid was for your connection. I miss those days.

Yahoo wants to nickel and dime you for everything (This is why SBC/AT&T and Yahoo were a match made in heaven).

Microsoft wants you to pay an arm and a leg for each piece of content.

In the end a merger would do nothing more than create a bigger company that is full overpriced products and mediocre services.

kevinpate
05-04-2007, 07:42 PM
If they do join, will they become Micro-hoo? Yahooooooooooo-soft?