View Full Version : Survey for new bike routes

okcnative
05-02-2007, 11:13 AM
2007 Bicycling Survey

The Association of Central Oklahoma Governments is asking people to take a few minutes to fill out this bicycling survey to determine bike trails for all cities in Central Oklahoma. The information will be used by local cities to determine future “need” for bike routes and trails. They say that your input really does make a difference!

Oklahoma City is currently in the process of an On-Street Bike Route Study. Edmond and Norman have recently initiated their first Bike and Trails subcommittees.

The survey is available at News and Events > Bike to Work 2007 (http://www.acogok.org/Newsroom/biketowork07.asp).

metro
05-02-2007, 01:07 PM
I took it, even though I'm not a heavy biker, I encourage everyone to take it regardless of if you ride a bike or not. The questionaire also features questions about how you want future bond money and potential property tax increases spent.

BG918
05-08-2007, 04:43 PM
I suggest everyone take the survey, whether they bike or not. It could be important in getting the city to add the construction of bike lanes to widening projects, which if you bike is very important! As a Norman resident I am really hoping that a streetscaping of Lindsey through the city includes bike lanes and wide sidewalks on both sides of the street.

Keith
05-08-2007, 08:55 PM
I don't bike as much as I need to, but I did take the survey....and it was very interesting.