View Full Version : fraud warning for okc banks....

Zoedith
04-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Last Monday I noticed there was a transaction made on Sunday from my midfirst account. When I called about it they said it was done by my husbands card number (he has never used it, nor does he know where it is). Anyhow after talking to the guy on the phone he said there had been quite a few charges made from other accounts for $172.35. When I went into the bank, the guy at the desk asked if I had already spoke to him. It seems that most of the people getting this charge (to somewhere in england), had the unused bank card in common.

The next day, my husband's boss had a fraud at his bank, first fidelity. Although his charge was $150, he also said it was from England. On wednesday one of my coworkers was notified he had a fraud on his card for a purchase in england. He banked at tinker federal. When my coworker went to his bank, the teller told him that there were quite a few charges made the 22, 23, and 24 to england for $172.35. He called to ask me if that was the same charge as mine, and it was.

Anyhow, I thought I warn everyone to check their bank accounts.

Karried
04-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the info.. that's some scary stuff! What were you held liable for? $50 or did they take it all off?

Zoedith
05-01-2007, 05:20 AM
They actually gave me all of my money back, as well as an international transaction charge for $1.72. They probably did that since it happened to so many people.

MadMonk
05-01-2007, 06:12 AM
Did they say what the charges were for? Were they made at a physical store or an internet site?

Zoedith
05-01-2007, 11:59 AM
All my charge said was to sweet reedham and the bank said there was no phone number to call. My coworker had 2 different transactions to a website for 50 dollar scarfs.