View Full Version : Crosstimbers Motorized Off-road Vehicle Facility

OkieKAS
04-30-2007, 02:10 PM
The Crosstimbers Motorized Off-road Vehicle Facility includes 960 acres of riding area and approximately 40 miles of trails west of Lake Stanley Draper.

The riding area is bounded by Douglas and Midwest Blvd. on the east and west, by SE 119th on the north and extends 1/2 mile south of SE 134th St. The facility is open to ATV and dirt bike riders. Off-road vehicle permits are required for access. Permits may be purchased at the Draper Concession located at 8301 SE 104. Call 405.799.0870 for more information.

Crosstimbers opened in May of 2005 and is managed by the Cross Timbers Riders Association.

City of Oklahoma City | Crosstimbers ORV (http://www.okc.gov/water/orv/index.html)

Oh GAWD the Smell!
04-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Yeah well, those 40 miles of trails aren't worth 5 of the old ones, and there were over 100 of them. The new ones are worthless crap, cost 5 times as much, and have zero challenge to anybody on more than a 50cc kiddie bike.

OkieKAS
04-30-2007, 06:07 PM
That's precisely why I am buying my own land to ride my grizzly on :)
I don't like to have to watch out for all the little kids.
My son had his first cycle @ the age of 3 and he rode it in the pasture with a rope tied to it and his Dad on the other end. Then he rode it by himself with training wheels that came off when he was almost 4.
He won his first trophy in the 1 time event of a "Motorcycle Rodeo" at the Grady Co Fairgrounds.
He went on to bigger bikes and rode a 125 cc 15 miles to go to school on and even rode it to Driver's Ed that summer.
He has a turbo - charged 1150 suzuki, now.
He was the only one that even dared to ride it on 1 wheel @ Thunder Valley. He has never had an accident on one, thankfully. Although, severalmany have tried to run over him on it.
Now, he builds and drives Rock Crawlers & Mud Buggies, but he has to go to Sparks & Disney OK to play with them.
We did have 2 places in Grady Co, but not any longer.

OkieKAS
04-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Oh yeah, they still have that track going @ Anadarko. Woodland Hills. He rode a KTM 495 (antique) there and placed.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
04-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Crossbar Ranch down in Davis, and all over the Honobia Creek areas in SE Oklahoma are still pretty great places. Lake Murray is okay, so is Eufala. I think they shut Prague down...I ride the most down on the river in Purcell though. No boundaries, no rules, no speed limit, nada.

OkieKAS
04-30-2007, 06:33 PM
I didn't take my ATV to Lake Murray last time I went but I read/heard that they had good trails, so next time I go I will take it. Last time I settled for the Horse Stables. <grin>. We used to ride on the Wa****a River banks @ Alex (that is where they had the monster truck/mud boggers at, and I hear they are going to re-open it there.

The land I am buying had a (now dammed up) fork off of the Wa****a River, and after this last rain it was filled to the brim, so perhaps I can be able to make my own mud-bog. YaY!

I go to Lexington to visit my MoM, and I have seen alot of trucks (some bogged down) and ATV's playing on the river by the bridge.

Sparks America Mud Bog @ Sparks OK is cool and the Rock Crawling @ Disney, OK is too. Sparks Bikers week gets real risque, however. Adults ONLY! Mud Bog weekend (July '07) you can take along a kid, but it may have a tendency to be a bit risque, too, now. Sparks America.....One Bad Ass Bike Run!!! (http://www.sparksamerica.com/)

If you look at the pics on the MUDSTOCK portion, the M35 Keiser (miliatary deuce & 1/2) is my sons. Mudstock Oklahoma (http://www.mudstockok.com/)

We don't mind having to travel as long as we get to play !