View Full Version : In this thread we list our job title or our career ambitions....

Patrick
04-27-2007, 09:06 PM
I'm currently a medical student at OU College of Medicine, with 1 year left before I become an MD. Then it's on to residency for me.

Keith
04-27-2007, 09:11 PM
For the last 16 years I have worked for the City of Okla. City, as a communications dispatcher in emergency services. This is where I plan on retiring......although I do have a long way to go.

writerranger
04-27-2007, 09:19 PM
I read for a living. Seriously! At least that's what I tell people as it's a big part of my job description. Actually, that's stretching the truth, but it's fun to tell people.

Actually, I work for the federal government.

-----------------

Lauri101
04-28-2007, 05:53 AM
Two titles, same organzation.

Internal Revenue Agent - Organizational title

President, National Treasury Employees Union, Chapter 45 - functional title

Even though I do 100% union work, I am still carried by the agency as a Revenue Agent. Should I not be re-elected by the bargaining unit, I will return to audit. The IRS pays my salary.

Personally, I prefer going after out-of-control managers (:beaten_fi ) than small business taxpayers.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
04-28-2007, 06:05 AM
Windows/Unix SA.

When I grow up though, I want to be a FIRETRUCK!

Rifleman2C
04-29-2007, 02:01 AM
United States Air Force Electronics Technician... 20 years worth.

But when I grow up, I would like to work in commercial radio.

Dark Jedi
04-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Windows/Linux System Admin/System Analyst

I am considered weird, but am saving up to be eccentric.

Easy180
04-30-2007, 11:19 AM
In securities operations with a large national bank...Dept is getting consolidated with the trust operations in Dallas so my short term career objective is to take my severance and retention bonus and stay at home as long as the wifey will let me

Doubt she will let that fly for long, but I'm gonna try

Intrepid
04-30-2007, 11:23 AM
I've been in some sort of customer service for the better part of 15 years. I am currently working from home as a cust. service rep for Convergys, taking calls for DirecTV customers.

I am also working completing my Associates Degree in Elem. Ed and should have that by the end of this year. After that, I'll see how much I need to finish my Bachelor's at OU. From there, who knows if I will go into teaching or not. I'd like to say that I am going to, but I'm trying to get too far ahead of myself.

NE Oasis
04-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Enjoying life as an Industrial Maintneance Technician, currently working for a medicakl device manufacturer near Will Rogers Airport. No career ambitions beyond being the best I can be in my profession. Every day is different, somedays I'm designing (and then fabricating) material handling equipment, some I'm fixing lights, others I'm sweeping the front walk. Great work environment, fair pay, appreciated by my boss and co-workers.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
04-30-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm a baker and in the future I'll be me

jbrown84
04-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Assistant Video Editor

CMSturgeon
04-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Excluding the past 4 weeks, since June 2005 I have worked as an office manager in a local finance company. I am also a full time college student attending college to earn my P.A. Now, I am working for an orthopedist or two, checking patients out.

Millie
04-30-2007, 08:49 PM
I've always been interested in going into real estate- probably as a side gig rather than full time. Any insight into the pros and cons?

Keith
04-30-2007, 08:54 PM
I've always been interested in going into real estate- probably as a side gig rather than full time. Any insight into the pros and cons?
You might check with Karried, one of our moderators. She is in real estate. You can send her a PM.

Karried
04-30-2007, 09:09 PM
I was just going to write my profession! As Keith mentioned, I am a Licensed Realtor.

Prior to that I worked in CA in the Union - Retail for 13 years doing different duties from clerk to manager..then I dabbled in mortgage finance and was an admin for a Mortgage Broker.

Regarding real estate.. Currently, I'm not very active because we have our primary company (one which makes much more money than I was making in Real Estate :-) It's a tough business and I didn't care for the hours away from my family - nights and weekends) so... I'm taking a hiatus from marketing and real estate so I can focus on helping grow our company. I would say right now I'm wearing a few hats. I'm doing a few different things which include accounting, bookeeping, payroll, invoicing, billing, faxing, software, date entry, office management, filing .. etc etc.. whatever needs to be done. I take care of all of the bills and the household 'stuff'.

But, my favorite 'career' is being a mom.. and tonight I worked overtime as my youngest had to get stitches in his forhead.. he was playing hide and seek and came up under a brick window sill. That's what I'm the best at.... wiping tears and holding him when he's hurt.. Parenting is so hard, but nothing has given me more satisfaction.

Ginkasa
05-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Assistant Manager at Harkins Theatres. I hope to stay in movie theatres for the rest of my life, although hopefully more on the screen later in life ;)

OkieKAS
05-01-2007, 11:23 AM
We own and operate Mike Spivey Insulation (going on 28 years) and I have been appointed to the OK Commission of Children & Youth - Special Needs by 2 OK Govs, as a parent advocate. Currently retired.
I am a professional slacker, now, due to a chronic illness.
I do computer enhanced image graphics and am an avid Genealogist.
I also volunteer for Families of Children w/ disABILITIES & Military VETS.
I do historical research of the super - great State of Oklahoma.

CuatrodeMayo
05-01-2007, 11:45 AM
4th year Architecture/design student at Oklahoma State University. I never sleep but I love what I do. As of yesterday I am in summer mode. I will be working for OSU Architectural Services (again) cuz the wife makes the money and won't let me leave town for the summer :smile:

Future Plans: Will be actively pursuing employment starting in the fall. The goal is to work for a world-famous firm preferably in NYC, Seattle, or overseas. I will move back to Oklahoma eventally to start my own firm here, similar to what Rand Elliot has done.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Assistant Manager at Harkins Theatres. I hope to stay in movie theatres for the rest of my life, although hopefully more on the screen later in life ;)

How YOU doin?

/movie fanatic

bandnerd
05-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Currently I am teaching band, orchestra, yearbook, newspaper, and beginning journalism at a college-preparatory charter high school here in OKC.

Perhaps, later when I can have the time to further my education, I will study educational counseling. Or curriculum design. I haven't decided.

A lot of my time is spent figuring out how to fund four different programs in a school with very little money. Currently I must find a way to raise about $2000 to finish paying off our yearbook. I have to do this in the next month. Goody.