View Full Version : Cameras on Street Signs

dismayed
04-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Has anyone else noticed the cameras that have gone up on the stoplight polls on many of the intersections in and around Bricktown? For example, the corner of Reno and Broadway, across from the new(er) Conoco. Anyone know what this is all about?

writerranger
04-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Has anyone else noticed the cameras that have gone up on the stoplight polls on many of the intersections in and around Bricktown? For example, the corner of Reno and Broadway, across from the new(er) Conoco. Anyone know what this is all about?

Are you sure they're cameras? Or, could they possibly be the new traffic control counters? I'll find out if nobody here knows - it's certainly news to me if they have installed cameras.

------------

Patrick
04-27-2007, 09:13 PM
The city is putting cameras on all of the new red lights that go up. There are several around town. It's their way of spying on us all.... LOL!

writerranger
04-27-2007, 09:15 PM
The city is putting cameras on all of the new red lights that go up. There are several around town. It's their way of spying on us all.... LOL!

Seriously? I was told that those were the new laser traffic counters. Are the cameras justified as a traffic control/flow thing?

-----------------

Patrick
04-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Seriously? I was told that those were the new laser traffic counters. Are the cameras justified as a traffic control/flow thing?

-----------------

Not sure. They have them on most of the major interstates now too.

BailJumper
04-27-2007, 09:22 PM
They are cameras, though not all are actually 'on.' There was an article awhile back after some problems in Bricktown.

oSutrooper
04-28-2007, 01:46 AM
The camera around the highways are owned by ODOT.....Fire has a a computer and can use the cameras for things like wrecks and what not to help their units out....Very useful for them....I have heard that the cameras in BT are going to be used by us @ 911 and at the BT station to watch over things when there are events going on....

metro
04-28-2007, 07:50 AM

There is no Conoco at Reno and Broadway, just Brewer's parking lots and the train station. I'm assuming you mean Lincoln/Byers and Reno?

kevinpate
04-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Did these go in before or after the fight/stabbing/shooting troubles last summer and the subsequent announcement shortly after of curfews to become enforced on the younger BT visitors. I can certainly see how these well placed devices could be utilized for more than traffic aides.

Jack Wonder
04-28-2007, 03:15 PM

yeah, i'm starting to notice them everywhere now. even on some of the smaller intersections of town

dismayed
04-28-2007, 08:52 PM
I wonder if they are recording, or just watching.

Patrick
04-29-2007, 11:46 AM
I wonder if they are recording, or just watching.

Paranoia tells me they're watching our every move! LOL!.

BDP
04-30-2007, 09:16 AM
It's a little old, but here's more info on it:

I always feel like Someone's watching me. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four)

;)

SoonerGirl26
05-09-2007, 09:13 PM
While I was in Bricktown back in January, I was interviewed in front of Harkins Theater by Channel 4 doing a "public opinion survey" on putting cameras in Bricktown. So I knew that someone was at least considering it. But didn't know "who" was doing it or when.

jbrown84
05-11-2007, 02:52 PM
http://marc-blog.kataplop.net/images/divers/1984-Big-Brother-Poster.jpg